You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/2020 Bayern Surveys+Results Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2019/2020 Bayern Surveys+Results Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:59 am

DRvad14 wrote:^ perhaps you can repeat the survey end of April?

Certainly, provided it isn't already all squared away by then...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:59 pm

Okay. After a bit of hiatus....long round of results for your perusal.
I've decided to move to a more image-based results. Less typing for me, less reading for you, more fun for everyone.
Will split into a couple of posts.

First will be the coaching ratings.

And then your overall confidence in Flick's leadership/management:

Next, what to do with Flick?
Hire a new manager ASAP (pre-Winterpause), Hire a manager over Winterpause, Hire a manager in Summer 2020, or Give Flick permanent contract?

Of course, Flick wasn't replaced in Winter and there's been no deal agreed with any new manager, so the question changes.
Do we...
1. Keep searching for a new manager under the assumption that Flick will be gone in summer. Agree to a deal in-season if possible.
2. Keep searching, but assume it's Flick's job to lose. He stays unless performances drop off.
3. Give Flick the permanent contract, he's already earned it.

More to come in next post.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:03 am

Now the player ratings. As usual, 1-10 with 1 being worst and 10 being best. Any subs after 70' not graded.
Presented best to worst, along with an 'average' player rating of all eligible Bayern players in the match.

First the 1:2 loss to Gladbach.

The 3:1 win vs Spurs in UCL group stages.

The 3:1 win over Freiburg where Zirkzee saved us.

The big 5:0 win over Schalke.

The 4:3 over Hoffenheim in the Pokal.

And this past weekend's 0:0 draw vs RB Leipzig.

And here just for fun is your average player ratings for each eligible player in that span. Minimum of three appearances, and like previously stated, at least 20 min+ required to count as an 'appearance'.

Some more big-picture responses in the coming post.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:04 am

Now, your overall team performance rating for each of these matches.

And then the "worry" or panic levels:

And your overall mood/feeling regarding the team/season/etc.

Finally, we'll have a couple of player-specific questions in the final post for this batch.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:06 am

What to do with Kimmich?

Options were as follows:
1. Play Kimmich back at RB and buy a new midfielder.
2. Play Kimmich as the #6 / DM
3. Play Kimmich as the #8 / CM
4. Make a tactical switch to three at-the-back formation and play Kimmich as right wing-back.

And last but not leasts: Which positions to reinforce in the summer transfer window? Since you could select more than one position, this won't add to 100%, naturally. This represents the aggregate percentages.

#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Bayern 3:2 vs Paderborn Survey Results:

Player Ratings:
1. Lewandowski, 8.46
2. Gnabry, 8.35
3. Thiago, 7.04
4. Davies, 6.35
5. Lucas, 6.31
6. Alaba, 6.28
7. Kimmich, 6.27
8. Muller, 6.15
9. Tolisso, 6.04
10. Coman, 5.69
11. Odriozola, 5.19
12. Neuer, 4.35
13. Coutinho, 3.65

Manager rating: 6.42

Responses were split pretty equally regarding your ‘mood’ after the match. 36% responded that their mood hadn’t changed; 34% responded with “declined/feeling worse and/or less confident” and 30% responded with “improved/feeling better and/or more confident”

As far as BL expectations, the majority of you said things are going about as expected - Right at 52%. 45% feel we’re behind expectations and/or under-performing and just 3% said we are ahead of expectations and/or over-performing. I’m curious - for those of you who picked “right where expected” or even “over-performing” - Did you really anticipate a one-point lead and 49 points by matchday 23? I don’t mean that to sound accusatory, I’m just curious as to how many truly expected we’d be in this position at this point in the season. Would be curious to hear some more input on that.

For comparison, here’s where we were sitting at after Matchday 23 in previous years:
18/19 - 2nd Place, 51 points (Dortmund in 1st with 54)
17/18 - 1st Place, 59 points (Dortmund 2nd with 40)
16/17 - 1st Place, 56 points (RBL 2nd with 49)
15/16 - 1st Place, 62 points (Dortmund 2nd with 54)
14/15 - 1st Place, 58 points (Wolfsburg 2nd with 50)
13/14 - 1st Place, 65 points (Dortmund 2nd with 45)
12/13 - 1st Place, 60 points (Dortmund 2nd with 43)

UCL expectations: We finished first in our group and are heading into our first matchup in the round of 16. 69% of you thought we’re doing as-expected so far compared to 20% who felt we are over-performing and 11% who feel we are under-performing. Admittedly, I think this one is a bit hard to judge based on just the group stages. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

In regards to the Bundesliga, 73% of you felt that the Bundesliga is more competitive this season because other teams have improved further and/or are over-performing. Conversely, 27% felt the Bundesliga is more competitive because Bayern is having a down season and/or are under-performing.
In hindsight, I probably should’ve phrased this one a bit more clearly. I think it’s fair to conclude that the Bundesliga *as a whole* is more competitive - top to bottom - because a lot of teams seem to have shown some noticeable improvement this season. At the same time, if we’re talking about just the competition at the top - i.e. the title race - I think it’s also fair to say that a big part of that is due to us performing a bit worse than in recent history. RB Leipzig are having a great season, but at this point in the season they’d actually earned more points in 2016/17 - and we still had a greater lead on them. Meanwhile, we’re on our lowest points after Matchday 23 since 2011/12, by my count (2nd place with 48 points). So there is probably a little of both going on here. It’s probably not unreasonable to say that the “average” Bayern of the past 5, 6, 7 years would likely have a more comfortable lead in the table than this current iteration, even with improved competition.

Overall, the great majority of you still believe Bayern has the ‘best’ (most talented/highest overall quality) squad in the Bundesliga - 92%. 8% feel it’s second-best; nobody answered any lower than second.

Compared to other squads in the UCL round of 16, it’s a different story. None of you feel we have the best squad left in the competition. 51% put us as the third-best squad; 27% at second-best, and 22% said fourth-best or worse. Feel free to sound off on your justification here: I’d like to hear how you rank the remaining squads on quality/talent level.

Unfortunately, most of you don’t feel that we have enough depth to challenge for all three ttiles - 64% felt we have the quality but not enough depth.
14% felt that we do have the depth, but not enough quality to compete.
12% felt we are lacking in both quality and depth.
10% do feel we have both the quality and the depth to compete for all three titles.

Looking at how the club has worked to strengthen the team and maintain a top performance level...responses were mixed.
60% of you said that the club isn’t actively strengthening the team in every season compared with 36% saying the club is actively strengthening the team each season. Just 4% felt that the squad doesn’t need strengthened every season.
Perhaps even more telling: 89% said that the club has not done enough to maintain a treble-winning level of performance compared to just 11% who feel the club has done enough in that regard.
And similarly: 64% of you felt that compared to other top clubs Bayern has fallen behind a bit since the treble-winning season; 36% believe we have maintained our same level and that we haven’t pulled ahead of other top clubs but haven’t fallen behind either. Zero respondents felt we have improved or pulled ahead relative to other top clubs in the years since our treble-winning season.

Opinions were split right down the middle on Bayern’s transfer policy. 52% of you said the club’s transfer policy is ‘cutting-edge’ or ‘ahead of the times’ and that we employ a strategy other clubs would like to emulate; 48% said the opposite - the club’s transfer policy is a bit outdated or behind the times and that other clubs wouldn’t want to emulate our strategy.

60% of you said that on the whole you’d like to see us spending more in the transfer market; 40% said they’d like to see us spend less.

Overall, 66% of you have said you’re happy with the direction the club is heading; 34% are not.

When asked about your overall confidence in the leadership of Hainer, Rummenigge/Kahn, and Salihamidzic, you answered with an average of 5.96 on a scale of 1-10.

A bit on the coaching search and Hansi Flick’s performance thus far:

96% of you said that Flick has improved our overall play; just 4% felt that he hasn’t. (Does Kovac have some burner accounts??)

68% of you said that Flick has improved most of our players individually; 32% felt otherwise.

97% of you said that our tactics have improved under Flick with just 3% holding out here.

73% of you believe that the team is performing right in-line with its potential; 25% feel that we’re not performing as well as we could or should be, and just 2% of you feel that there’s no room for improvement. (Sorry, I try not to editorialize too much, but whoever this is - raise your standards, man!)

Opinions are still pretty split when it comes to giving Flick a long-term contract: 51% said he’s done enough to earn it, with 49% saying he hasn’t done enough yet. So, crystal clear there.

On to some prospective transfers - let’s look at your valuation of Leroy Sane:
3% would pay 100m or greater for Sane
20% would pay 80-100m
56% would pay 60-80m
12% would only want Sane for less than 60m
9% don’t want to spend anything on Sane at all

And now Kai Havertz:
0% would spend 100m or greater to get Havertz
4% would pay 80-100m
33% would pay 60-80m
24% would buy him if he cost less than 60m
39% don’t want us to sign Havertz

Would you like to see the club pay 25-30m for Sergino Dest?
44% - Undecided/Haven’t seen enough of the player to answer
40% - Yes
16% - No

Do you believe Adrian Fein is good enough to be a starting-XI quality player for Bayern?
68% - Haven’t seen the player enough/undecided
12% - Yes
20% - No

Kudos to those who were honest in saying they haven’t seen enough to make an assessment! I wonder how many answered ‘yes’ or ‘no’ when they really should’ve also been in the “haven’t seen enough” camp……

Do you feel the club made a mistake in not signing Timo Werner for his (reported) release clause fee of 25m last summer?
56% - Yes, he would help us
44% - No, he’s not what we need

I gotta admit this one really surprised me! I’ve had some mixed thoughts on Werner from time to time myself, but 25m is chump change in today’s market! I’m surprised so many said they were against the transfer even for a fee that low.

Would you like to see Bayern sign Timo Werner this summer?
59% - Yes, he can still help us
41% - No, still not what we need

Okay, now I’m even more confused. Werner’s new release clause is apparently something like 50-60m, so he’d cost double this summer what he would’ve last summer. But seeing him play this season has apparently convinced some who didn’t want him at 25m to now want him at 50m+...? You guys…..

And finally: do you feel that Dayot Upamecano would be a good signing?
88% - Yes, we need another central defender
12% - No, would be unnecessary - we have enough depth in defense.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion