You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2019/20 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

2019/20 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:36 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2019/20 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 pm

Yeah be also believes he's a tactical nerd...

Also, if Hernandez is to play anything but CD,

1.) we definitely are worse off than last year
2.) we need two more CDs
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby shpati_L1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:28 pm

Which wing backs? Pavard?
And which three centre backs? Mai?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:13 am

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Problem is mate you kind of have to decide and start making transfer because the current squad doesn’t have enough players to focus on either of those styles
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:30 am

They’re already laying the groundwork to relativize the embarrassment that is this transfer window...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:33 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Problem is mate you kind of have to decide and start making transfer because the current squad doesn’t have enough players to focus on either of those styles

Are you telling that to the tactical nerd himself? How dare you question his expertise?
The great sausage master and Kalle Bendovernigge have rightfully decided on him and his impressive CL record is justifying that decision every day!

I mean we’re the only club whose fans claim to actually be relevant who is coached by such an incompetent tool...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:43 am

Imagine that you can't buy a single winger, and they you cover up your own bullshit with the "but we didn't want wingers, because we're going to change the system".

How we ended up with these guys in charge? When the fans will wake up and put some pressure on them?
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby r10 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 am

Firefox1234 wrote:#CanMNT winger
Bayern should start to scout Women National Teams, will be cheaper for Hoennes.
I mean American women, not German: https://www.forbes.com/sites/manuelveth/2019/07/03/womens-football-in-germany-lack-of-investment-hurts-bundesliga-and-national-team/#6d703a8233c8
Sounds familiar?
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:16 am

DRvad14
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:22 pm

TBH I don't hate the idea of playing with three at the back, i kinda feel like we've the personnel for it (Kimmich and Alaba are basically wingbacks, players like Pavard and Lucas are obviously mobile enough to play as 'wide' CBs, Gnabry or someone like Werner could do well up top, etc) though we'd certainly need to pack in even more defenders...

...that being said the idea of being FORCED to play as such because we can't land a winger is absolutely embarrassing. If we wanna approach the summer with the mindset that we're playing 3-5-2 next year, you know, that's fine. But if we're approaching it as "We wanna play 4-2-3-1 but if we can't get the right players then we'll play something else" then that's just awful.

Trouble is also that I get the feeling the manager and bosses aren't on the same page. Feels to me like Kovac would rather play three at the back but the bosses/board would rather stick with 4-2-3-1 (as above) and Kovac wants players who fit his system and the club wants players who fits "our style". And far be it from me to defend Kovac but I'm not sure really who's to blame here....
On one hand, I think it's foolish that our club often acts as though 4-2-3-1 is the only system we can ever play and if we don't we're no better than Paderborn.
On the other hand, I think Kovac is a pretty tactically limited coach and I'm not sure how much leeway I wanna give him...
...but, at the same time, if you have a tactically limited manager, I'm not sure it's wise to further limit his tactics by forcing a particular type of player and style of play. Like I said, I don't really rate Kovac's tactics, but if he feels best about playing three at the back then I think it'd stand to reason that if we want to get the most out of him as manager we should make that happen - if not, send him packing. Keeping a manager who is limited to one style and then not allowing him to play that style is maximum foolishness IMO.

Of course, I'd rather just get a new manager, but it's too late for this year. So that's the tricky thing. I think Kovac probably does best with back three, but at the same time most top teams recently haven't had great success with such a system. And I don't expect Kovac to be around much longer, so you don't wanna buy 'lame duck' players who are limited in versatility and best suited to back-three who are then left without a clear role when a new manager comes in and goes back to a back four.

But....at the moment I'm not sure where our approach falls. There are pros and cons to both.
1. We could sign Kovac the players he wants for the style he wants to play. In this way, I think we probably maximize Kovac's potential but I still doubt it's enough to do anything significant. Kovac probably still ends up leaving and we're likely left with deadweight players who are "Kovac quality" and too limited to have a significant role under a new manager.
2. We could sign top-level players who fit the 4-2-3-1 the bosses want to play AND are versatile enough to play other styles as well. These players can play well under Kovac and still can succeed and be key players when he is gone (for example, Thiago looked like a player designed for Pep's system, but he's class enough to be a key player long after Pep's gone. Or Tolisso appeared to be tailor-made to play in 4-3-3, but he's shown he can play well outside of that, too).
But I think right now we're stuck in a weird third option: yes, we've landed Pavard and Lucas, but outside of that we haven't really signed any "Kovac players" and we haven't signed any other top players yet who can play a key role beyond Kovacball. So at the moment it kinda feels like our approach carries all the negatives of the above two 'methods' and few-to-none of the positives.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 pm

I remember reading some time ago about Flick doing the 'hexagon' field arrangements in trainings and I really found it quite interesting...

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Then you've got "work hard" over here.... ;)

Of course, makes sense that we're practicing where 'attacks through the wings are not possible' since they really might not be...hahaha
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 pm

aterford wrote:I remember reading some time ago about Flick doing the 'hexagon' field arrangements in trainings and I really found it quite interesting...

Then you've got "work hard" over here.... ;)

Of course, makes sense that we're practicing where 'attacks through the wings are not possible' since they really might not be...hahaha

The hex field idea and compressing the ends of the field is so simple but genius. I feel like we haven’t seen effecient play through the middle for years now. I get that Pep favored still wing play, but I feel like I still remember at least 2-3 goal highlights a month under him with some beautiful 1-2s between Gotze Thiago and Lewy.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:50 pm

I would add Olmo and Roca

Next yr Nubel Werner HavertzImage
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Draxler01 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:48 am

Draxler01
First post

Next

Return to General Bayern Discussion