You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2019/20 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I like it .... it gives a space for Renato ... or Leon to start next to Thiago and Tolisso

Yes, start more average please!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Any midfield with both Goretzka and Tolisso shouldnt exist for mental health.
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Coman wrote:Any midfield with both Goretzka and Tolisso shouldnt exist for mental health.

Tolisso and Goretzka both seem to play better as the right 8 in that 433/4141 so I don’t know what Kovacs “plans” are if that what he wants to use.

I tend to prefer Tolisso as he brings almost as much presence in the box and crashing ability as Goretzka with much better awareness of his defensive responsibilities. I remember him consistently covering Kimmich when Kimmich would combine the right wing in his first season. Kimmich would overlap quite often and Tolisso would immediately sink back and right to cover the hole in that half space.

Last season Kimmich‘s aggressiveness was a weak spot for us because he had no midfield cover and Süle would be caught out marking his own man as well as Kimmich’s. Süle really did get hung out to dry quite often last season and Kimmich’s lack of a second man to help support in transition was a giant hole in our play.

Goretzka doesn’t track back or read the game as well as Tolisso in that aspect. That doesn’t mean he can’t develop those skills as Tolisso did, I remember the first half of Tolisso’s first season here, quite a few of us were confused to his role as he had no clue how to read a game or settle the tempo. By the end of that season he had grown into it and the last match vs Real was an impressive show of what he and Thiago can do together.

Tolisso is much better at linking play between the 6 role and the wide players, I was also pleasantly surprised in how well he did for the first half of the Milan game in Thiagos role. He was very confident on the ball and his passing range was quite impressive. I get that it was only 45min of a preseason match, but that was a very good sign.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
Coman wrote:Any midfield with both Goretzka and Tolisso shouldnt exist for mental health.

Tolisso and Goretzka both seem to play better as the right 8 in that 433/4141 so I don’t know what Kovacs “plans” are if that what he wants to use.

I tend to prefer Tolisso as he brings almost as much presence in the box and crashing ability as Goretzka with much better awareness of his defensive responsibilities. I remember him consistently covering Kimmich when Kimmich would combine the right wing in his first season. Kimmich would overlap quite often and Tolisso would immediately sink back and right to cover the hole in that half space.

Last season Kimmich‘s aggressiveness was a weak spot for us because he had no midfield cover and Süle would be caught out marking his own man as well as Kimmich’s. Süle really did get hung out to dry quite often last season and Kimmich’s lack of a second man to help support in transition was a giant hole in our play.

Goretzka doesn’t track back or read the game as well as Tolisso in that aspect. That doesn’t mean he can’t develop those skills as Tolisso did, I remember the first half of Tolisso’s first season here, quite a few of us were confused to his role as he had no clue how to read a game or settle the tempo. By the end of that season he had grown into it and the last match vs Real was an impressive show of what he and Thiago can do together.

Tolisso is much better at linking play between the 6 role and the wide players, I was also pleasantly surprised in how well he did for the first half of the Milan game in Thiagos role. He was very confident on the ball and his passing range was quite impressive. I get that it was only 45min of a preseason match, but that was a very good sign.

Also, he's able to pass to an actual teammate, even if he’s 10 or 20m away...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby thomasmann » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:33 pm

I recommend to wait for the end of the transfer period. Something else will have to happen, otherwise their will be trouble....

17 players, of which Sanchez, Arp and Davies are good enough against the BuLi bottom teams only... It will be a real desaster if there are only two injuries, which would leave only one on the bench...
Winning the BuLi should not be too much of a problem, but in the knockout stage of the CL... A little bit of bad luck like last year and Liverpool or City will once again mean be the end, right at the beginning....
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby bmguy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 am

thomasmann wrote:I recommend to wait for the end of the transfer period. Something else will have to happen, otherwise their will be trouble....

17 players, of which Sanchez, Arp and Davies are good enough against the BuLi bottom teams only... It will be a real desaster if there are only two injuries, which would leave only one on the bench...
Winning the BuLi should not be too much of a problem, but in the knockout stage of the CL... A little bit of bad luck like last year and Liverpool or City will once again mean be the end, right at the beginning....

I don't think so, we'll have big trouble in both Buli and CL as Dortmund now have a great depth in their team. With a thin squad, it would become disaster if either Coman or Gnabry gets injured.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

What to take from this:

-moron never learns, and didn’t even test that system yet... Great idea to "try" it when the season has started! Same with Müller!
-I was right to want another midfielder as this is destined to fail with the same players... Goretzka...
-"Müller can play there"
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby r10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:18 am

#12 wrote:Same with Müller!
-"Müller can play there"
Th. Mueller is useful only in two instances:
* Tapping-in (which becomes more and more song of the past unfortunately);
** Assisting to Lewandowski.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby thomasmann » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:12 pm

bmguy wrote:
thomasmann wrote:I recommend to wait for the end of the transfer period. Something else will have to happen, otherwise their will be trouble....

I don't think so, we'll have big trouble in both Buli and CL as Dortmund now have a great depth in their team. With a thin squad, it would become disaster if either Coman or Gnabry gets injured.

As long as there are no two injuries to essential players at the same time... there will be no problems in the Buli....

I admit it is embarrassing to see, that no one in the Sabenerstrasse was able to get rid off the one true problem...
I can just about see in my nightmares that the apprentice takes out Thiago and substitutes Sanchez for him, or, Davies for Coman, and at the same time Arp for Lewandovski. I still see that nightmare of a game in Augsburg, where Kovacs was at his horror-best.
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby thomasmann » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 pm

#12 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

What to take from this:

-moron never learns, and didn’t even test that system yet... Great idea to "try" it when the season has started! Same with Müller!
-I was right to want another midfielder as this is destined to fail with the same players... Goretzka...
-"Müller can play there"

"What to take from this: "

Not much really. Unlike for example Sanchez, Goretzka has improved enormously in the last season, he is young and will be good enough for Bayern, maybe from the start. It is a shame they did not get Havertz.

As we saw in the US games, the defense is still the same nightmare.... Pavard is getting better than he was Stuttgart, but basically overrated. Süle has atrocious blackouts regularly. Let us hope Hernandez is worth his price... Bayern needs someone as good as van Dyck...
thomasmann
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby kod2600 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:39 pm

My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:54 pm

#25 & his role in a 4.3.3 formation

Can't see tweet? Click here!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Thomas is the epitome of our team - his style was unseen and effective until a few years ago, but now there is no exact place for him in the same team.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:34 pm

The middle of the bench is where we'll need him the most.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion