You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby America USA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:00 pm

If JN decides to continue with aback three:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:37 pm

America USA wrote:If JN decides to continue with aback three:
That would be another 45m though to give us LESS depth (no midfielder to sub any of those 3 except maybe Roca)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 pm

Roca can sub Neuhaus
Tolisso can sub Goretzka
Musiala can sub Thomas

Plus for Depth Modric is available for a free this summer
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:04 pm

But you‘d effectively render Coman and Sané useless (already) and betting on Tolisso is at least risky, isn’t it...?!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Sané can sub Gnabry. EMCM can sub RL9 (if needed)
Coman can be used for alternative tactics
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:12 pm

Well no secret I am a fan of 4-2-3-1 but sure, if it works... Would have to be a slightly different style though...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:24 pm

I kind of suspect that if we are playing in a back three Nagelsmann will probably be giving Sule a big chance, and Nianzou for better or worse is probably still on the "rotation" side of things, at least for now...

Maybe something more like this going forward:

I don't think Gnabry is really much for a true wingback, but I suspect when defending we would probably have Kimmich drop into that role, and perhaps pull Upamecano up a bit to shield the defense, so something like:

Of course could sub things like Pavard for Sule, Nianzou in for Sule or Upamecano (or even Lucas, I guess!), have Goretzka play up more like a 4-1-4-1, I don't know, just spitballing a bit.

BUT I think at the same time I'm not sure we really have the depth at the moment to make our "primary" XI one that includes three CBs at once as well as 3/5 of Muller, Gnabry, Sane, Coman, Musiala...
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 pm

aterford wrote:I kind of suspect that if we are playing in a back three Nagelsmann will probably be giving Sule a big chance, and Nianzou for better or worse is probably still on the "rotation" side of things, at least for now...

I don't think Gnabry is really much for a true wingback, but I suspect when defending we would probably have Kimmich drop into that role, and perhaps pull Upamecano up a bit to shield the defense, so something like:

Of course could sub things like Pavard for Sule, Nianzou in for Sule or Upamecano (or even Lucas, I guess!), have Goretzka play up more like a 4-1-4-1, I don't know, just spitballing a bit.

BUT I think at the same time I'm not sure we really have the depth at the moment to make our "primary" XI one that includes three CBs at once as well as 3/5 of Muller, Gnabry, Sane, Coman, Musiala...
IIRC Gnabry was deployed as RB for a few games with Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:26 pm

I think you are correct...

That's kind of what put it in mind, but in either case I think it is mostly RB/RWB in name only. I suspect he would not be tasked with much actual defending (and of course the formation only ever looks like this on the teamsheet anyways :P )
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:36 pm

Calum Hudson Odoi.
He had some games as *rwb under Tuchel and he did very well (one can argue so why he is not being used there anymore?)
IMO we should go for him... Loan deal with an obligation to buy.

*N.B only if we switch to a 3 men def
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 pm

aterford wrote:I think you are correct...

That's kind of what put it in mind, but in either case I think it is mostly RB/RWB in name only. I suspect he would not be tasked with much actual defending (and of course the formation only ever looks like this on the teamsheet anyways :P )
Of course but I think he DID "defend" - kinda like he does now...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Calum Hudson Odoi.
He had some games as *rwb under Tuchel and he did very well (one can argue so why he is not being used there anymore?)
IMO we should go for him... Loan deal with an obligation to buy.

*N.B only if we switch to a 3 men def
Again? Please no
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:39 pm

Ah man if we play with a 3 man defence we lose the chance to play the all-French back four of Lucas, Upamecano, Nianzou and Pavard... With Sarr on the bench
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 pm

aterford wrote:I kind of suspect that if we are playing in a back three Nagelsmann will probably be giving Sule a big chance, and Nianzou for better or worse is probably still on the "rotation" side of things, at least for now...

Can't see tweet? Click here!

:coffee:

(Close enough with Kimmich-Goretzka, they interchange throughout matches anyways, I'm claiming it)
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:31 pm

I think this whole 3-atb is a terrible idea given our squad, but if we were to do such a thing, it wouldn't make to sense playing Gnabry opposite Davies. The clear choice would be Coman who operated quite well as a traditional non-inverted winger on the right during the last Pep season. Gnabry belongs beside Müller just behind Lewy. Even Sané would be a better choice than Gnabry as a wingback, don't know why people suggest Gnabry there.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion