You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09 pm

Achilles wrote:Lucas Hernandez might not be the VVD solution we seek for like Liverpool but heck he is a proper Centerback! His mind is setup for challenges, tackling balls and hardplaying opponents unlike Alaba-Boateng finesse and clever plays. Flick must put some toughness in there, I can't stand watching them marking with their eyes and ignoring contact or tackling.

Give Lucas Hernandez HALF the trust we put on Alaba or Sule and then we'll see. Not guaranteed starter, Black Beckenbauer praises but half of this unheard of trust and let him prove himself... This is unfair and hurts the team badly. Sometimes I wonder if Flick has such a close relationship with Boa-Alaba and he plays them so the can find lucrative contracts when they leave. Boateng for his extension and Alaba for 20m/y

That's exactly how I feel. I think I've probably already said it, but...I understand coaches having their preferences, but I can't understand why Lucas seems to be judged (both by fans and by the coach!) on a much, much more strict scale than Alaba or Sule or even Boateng does. And of course it's true that Alaba and Boateng have done more for Bayern, so in that sense they have more "leeway," but still. It often feels like it doesn't matter how many errors/mistakes, how many bad performances some players turn in, they can still feel safe in knowing that they will continue to be rewarded with starts (and probably 90 minutes, too). Meanwhile others can turn in even very good performances and still end up on the bench for who knows why.

And like I said. I get it, some coaches value particular qualities more than others and it's not like Alaba and Lucas are exact clones of each other. All things being equal, if they're both in the same form and putting in good performances, then it would be understandable (and hard to get too upset) if Flick decided he simply preferred the qualities Alaba brings to the table. But that has not been the case. To his credit, Alaba has been improving in the last few weeks (in some ways, at least), but on the whole he's simply not been better than Lucas this season. This is corroborated by most numbers, ratings, etc. For example, Whoscored rates Lucas as our 8th best player in the Bundesliga (and best defender) and 11th in UCL. Alaba is rated at 13th and 17th, respectively. So that I really just can't understand. It will really be interesting to see how things are handled next season once Alaba (and perhaps Boa too) are gone.
As you said, I think Lucas brings some qualities to our defense that are really needed. To my eye, our defenders often seem to have a tendency to play really aggressive when going forward but then ultra-passive when it comes to actually defending. We love to push up high and progress the ball out of the back (and I can admit that Alaba and Boa both are quite good at this), but too often I find our defenders stuck ball-watching or waiting for a player to come to them rather than meeting them with a challenge. Look at both Koln and Lazio's lone goals in our recent matches. In both cases both Alaba and Boateng wait for the ball/player to come to them rather than stepping up and attempting to make a play. Maybe that is seen as the "safe" move (in some cases) but I often find myself screaming at the TV for someone to simply step up and make a challenge. All that to say: we need both that aggression going forward but also that aggression when defending, and I think that's something Lucas offers - he's a player who defends 'actively' rather than waiting for the play to come to him, and i think that type of defending would help us quite a bit in our current situation.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Stop discussing about this, people. @MUTU can feel like it's now, but it isn't. All sources speak against that, not me or any other of you. :wink:

It doesn't belong to seasons, it belongs to years. It says UEFA Super Cup 2020, Club World Cup 2020, DFL-Supercup 2020, not 2019/2020 or 2020/2021.
In the past Liga Pokal 2007 and Intercontinental Cup 2001. :wink:

So the Club World Cup is 2020 and it should have been played and won in 2020, not this year. This year's continental champions are going to play the CWC 2021.

The same is with Euro 2020 this year. They haven't changed the name as far as I know.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 pm

#12 wrote:No, I clarified my statement... Seeing as all the titles you mention require another TITLE to participate however, don’t act like it‘s the most craziest thing ever...

There‘ll be no truly 2021 title in the calendar year, since the CWC was supposed to be in December... And regardless of the year, it‘s not hard to win it, qualifying is...

It IS the craziest thing ever. OK tell you what, which season did Bayern first get crowned champions of Europe? See where I'm getting at?

Using your logic, by extension, we won the European Cup three times in the season 1972-73, because we qualified off the back of the Bundesliga TITLE, and each EC cup allowed us to participate in the following season's competition.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Fénix wrote:Stop discussing about this, people. @MUTU can feel like it's now, but it isn't. All sources speak against that, not me or any other of you. :wink:

It doesn't belong to seasons, it belongs to years. It says UEFA Super Cup 2020, Club World Cup 2020, DFL-Supercup 2020, not 2019/2020 or 2020/2021.

So the Club World Cup is 2020 and it should have been played and won in 2020, not this year. This year's continental champions are going to play the CWC 2021.

The same is with Euro 2020 this year. They haven't changed the name as far as I know.

It still belongs to a season. The only reason they're just by year is because they don't span two calendar years unlike CL, Bundesliga, DFB Pokal etc. And this year the Club World Cup was cheated to 2020 to avoid confusion (otherwise there would be two world champions in 2021)

Let's just let Wikipedia settle it as to which season it belongs, shall we?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%8 ... ich_season

This is pretty much conclusive to the argument IMO.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:34 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Bayern_Munich

Look at the honours section.

Either way, mate. It's 2020 even it was played February this year. I also put domestic supercups in seasons just like your logic, but I keep in mind those continental/international cups in the calendar year(autumn, winter). :wink:

If it makes you happy to be in 2021, I'm gonna be happy too. :mrgreen: And they wrote it as 2020. I'm happy as little baby. :D
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
Fénix wrote:Stop discussing about this, people. @MUTU can feel like it's now, but it isn't. All sources speak against that, not me or any other of you. :wink:

It still belongs to a season.

Let's just let Wikipedia settle it, shall we?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E2%8 ... ich_season

This is pretty much conclusive to the argument IMO.
Your link doesn’t work and it’s still a 2020 title regardless of the season...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:40 pm

The link works.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 pm

Merge this all to some other Bayern thread, please. [-o< :D
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:31 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:01 pm

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:11 pm

Yo do realize the main culprits are the defenders and Neuer has actually been superb the last two seasons, right?
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Yo do realize the main culprits are the defenders and Neuer has actually been superb the last two seasons, right?
That is why I posted it here and not in his thread
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:22 am

The lineup I hope to see for the remainder of the season (but probably won't)

CF = RL9 or EMCM (depending on availability)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 am

Why would you drop Coman?

I agree he needs a rest, but he's been by far our best winger this season.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:07 pm

davies as a hybrid LCM - LB and LW
with Kimmich doing the same on the other side

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion