You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:TAA is way overhyped.
I don't agree with you sorry
I see him as a complete player plus that he is highly intelligent
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:TAA is way overhyped.
I don't agree with you sorry
I see him as a complete player plus that he is highly intelligent
We’ll let [mention]MUTU [/mention] settle it with stats :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:57 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Kimmich is a waste at RB
That‘s why you don’t mind playing a subpar player there...

I mean, Kimmich in MF is nice and all, but we suck at RB and a DM close to Kimmich level is easier to find than an RB close to Kimmich level... Case in point: all our RBs
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:04 am

Why are players being instructed not to guard the posts during corners?
Don't tell me to have more bodies covering the area and the opponent!
This is another madness by Flick
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Like here?

Having defenders by the goal posts is personal preference and most of the times is not only the coach but also the goalkeepers the ones who decide

There's no right or wrong here. Just like with individual, zonal or mixed marking

We've lost a CL final from a corner with a player on each post and we've lost another one with only one player on the far post

Guarding the posts not only means less bodies in defense but also keeping the attackers on side
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Like here?

Having defenders by the goal posts is personal preference and most of the times is not only the coach but also the goalkeepers the ones who decide

There's no right or wrong here. Just like with individual, zonal or mixed marking

We've lost a CL final from a corner with a player on each post and we've lost another one with only one player on the far post

Guarding the posts not only means less bodies in defense but also keeping the attackers on side
Fair enough but I feel that is safer to have two men there
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Rare GKs in the last 10 years put not 2 men but 1 man on the post. We put it in 2012 Debakel Dahoam and what happened? Exactly Drogba scored a header and our guy couldn't reach the ball anyway.

I think that training defensive set pieces just like in Kovač short spell is a productive stuff. In Monaco the strongest weapon is precisely set pieces and corners. The best stats in the Ligue 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Today's possession and attacking coaches don't put too much focus on this part of the game. BVB is a perfect example how disastrous can defence look like when you can't defend crosses and set pieces at all - pure garbage.
In some way it is reserved for Italian teams and defensive coaches like Simeone and Mourinho, but reality is that you can have lots of free kicks to use and score when things don't work against teams that sit deep and defend their goal at all costs against top teams.

Sergio Ramos is also a champion of this part of the game for the last 11-12 years.
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm

There is not enough time to fully train every aspect of the game

Teams with average players rely more on set pieces and therefore they train them more often. But if you have a squad like Bayern or City then you have to prioritise other aspects of the game.

Set pieces still need to be trained, but you don't allocate as much time as lower BL clubs would do
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:45 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:There is not enough time to fully train every aspect of the game

Teams with average players rely more on set pieces and therefore they train them more often. But if you have a squad like Bayern or City then you have to prioritise other aspects of the game.

Set pieces still need to be trained, but you don't allocate as much time as lower BL clubs would do
What ARE we training then? Being clinical? Shots? DEFENSE?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:46 pm

#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:There is not enough time to fully train every aspect of the game

Lifting trophies.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

Lifting trophies.
Yup, and exactly as effective:

Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:35 pm

I believe you speak like that cause you come from a Spanish background... and you guys don't give too much attention to that part of the game.
At least in Bayern's case we should at least train how to defend them properly since scoring for us is not a big issue
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:40 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Lifting trophies.
Yup, and exactly as effective:

Ahahaha 10/10 reply
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 am

ramsej84 wrote:I believe you speak like that cause you come from a Spanish background... and you guys don't give too much attention to that part of the game.
At least in Bayern's case we should at least train how to defend them properly since scoring for us is not a big issue

No, it has nothing to do with being Spanish because here it works the same way

Whenever you've got a team with poor individual quality you still need to come up with a game plan and a way to score goals. Those sort of teams know they won't be able to create many goal chances every game, so they will put special effort on training set pieces.

I don't even think you need to know too much about football to see this. You're always gonna try to build a system based on your team's strengths.

Say you are a coach and your team is full of above average technically gifted players. Then it would make sense to base your tactics and gameplan around those players. You might dedicate most of your training sessions to develop a possession based style.

On the contrary, if most of your players can't even kick a ball properly then you might need to find alternate solutions and it would make zero sense to spend too much time playing "rondos" or possession based drills in trainings.

Instead you would want your players to find easiest ways of scoring goals. And set pieces or crosses are probably the most effective way of scoring goals for weaker teams.

Just remind that you have limited time available for training sessions and can't train thoroughly every aspect of the football game. Especially this year with one game every 3 days and no pre season.

We could allocate more time for set pieces, but that would mean less time for build up, high press, counter press, etc
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 am

Yest I noticed it again... Apparently it is a new trend (no players guarding the post)
Not sure if it was Ars v MC or PSG v ASM
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion