You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Now that's very pessimistic from you, my friend.

We are doing fantastic so far and let's just keep our positive thoughts flowing. Injuries and Sarr's issue are something we can't avoid and if you recall just a month ago, we were running with the time to secure those 4-5 players before the transfer deadline.

Without that all everything would have been way more challenging and hard for us.

Just don't attract crisis where there isn't any. :wink: Nonetheless, the season is so long that many things can change 10 times by May.

Our focus is to keep doing everything as we do, looking to the next match and that's it. The season goal is to win the last extra trophy the Club World Cup. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 pm

America USA wrote:With Pavard being inconsistent/injured every now and then. Sarr playing appalling football and Kimmich out with an ACL injury, Bayern are properly fucked in both the midfield and the RB position. Also to note that Davies out with a long term injury as well.

So unless Roca transforms into Thiago midseason and Richards becomes the next Rafinha, I'm afraid to say that the Treble is off the cards :(

----------

On a more optimistic note though: Bayern have never been so lethal at counterattack football since 2013. This Bayern team can kill any team on the break given the precision of our midfielders, pace of our midfielders and the accuracy of Robert Lewandowski!
Wow dude calm down, trophies are decided next year not now.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
America USA wrote:With Pavard being inconsistent/injured every now and then. Sarr playing appalling football and Kimmich out with an ACL injury, Bayern are properly fucked in both the midfield and the RB position. Also to note that Davies out with a long term injury as well.

So unless Roca transforms into Thiago midseason and Richards becomes the next Rafinha, I'm afraid to say that the Treble is off the cards :(

----------

On a more optimistic note though: Bayern have never been so lethal at counterattack football since 2013. This Bayern team can kill any team on the break given the precision of our midfielders, pace of our midfielders and the accuracy of Robert Lewandowski!
Wow dude calm down, trophies are decided next year not now.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'm not too worried at the moment. Both Davies and Kimmich should be back by January, it sounds.
And there's "only" ~10 games between now and then: Bremen (9), Stuttgart (8), Leipzig (2), Union (5), Wolfsburg (6), Leverkusen (4) in the BL; Salzburg, Atletico, and Moscow in the UCL, and just Kiel in the Pokal in late December.

That's not a super easy schedule by any means. But we're already up in the league and should have the quality to - at worst - probably come away with ~4 wins from those 6 matches.
We're on top of our UCL group, and unless we lose all three remaining matches it's hard to see us not advancing out of the group stage.
In fact, by my count, at this point there's only one outcome in which we wouldn't advance out of groups:
1. Bayern loses vs Salzburg, Atletico, and Moscow. (a win in any single match guarantees we are through, no matter what happens elsewhere. A single point likely puts us through too, depending on goal differential)
2. Salzburg wins out (Bayern, Moscow, Atletico) to put them on 10 points
3. Atletico wins vs Moscow and Bayern to put them on 10 points
Maybe my math is wrong, but with Bayern on 9pts, Atletico on 4pts, Moscow on 2pts, and Salzburg on 1 after 3 matchdays, I'm pretty sure that's the only way we don't advance.

And of course we should certainly be favored vs Kiel. So, it is what it is. Might drop some points in the BL, and maybe even in the UCL, but as far as end-season goals go, it's just a small bump in the road. Certainly having both Kimmich and Davies out is less than ideal but it's far from season-derailing.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Before Davies is back we can do this...

Neuer

Pavard Sule Boateng Lucas

Leon. Alaba

Gnabry. Mueller. Sane

Lewa

With Tolisso and Roca and Javi Nianzou in rotation with the cbs, and the cms

*Flick will obviously use Buona
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm

I agree, Kimmich out is the time to start looking into Alaba in midfield.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bmguy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I agree, Kimmich out is the time to start looking into Alaba in midfield.

if he plays well in this position, we might reconsider his contract :roll:, I cannot feel calm with Tolisso and Martinez, not to say next year, either of them is leaving.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion