You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:31 pm

MUTU wrote:Cuisance is leaving. Perhaps Musiala?

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Leeds doctor saw it, surely the Marseille doctor must too.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Coman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Lol this team could legit challenge for the Bundesliga.
You forgot Nianzou who is better than Martinez in defense and Tolisso in midfield for a double pivot.
Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Ah yes, completely. My bad.

Even better.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Cuisance is leaving. Perhaps Musiala?

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Leeds doctor saw it, surely the Marseille doctor must too.

We'll probably give them a discount.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Now that I see it posted with formation and everything looks better in fact looks like a very legit B-team!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Stefano Pioli AC Milan coach on fc bayern

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 24704?s=19

Hey ramsej84, do you think Pioli jinxed us?
Probably
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby raz25 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:03 am

Looking at the first and second team side by side, there might be a chance that the team will become complacent. Lewandowski, Muller, Kimmich, Pavard, Neuer and arguably Davies, Gnabry and Sane will be the undisputable starters. Realistic places up for grabs are Goretzka's (Tolisso, Roca), Gnabry's (Coman, Costa) and Alaba's (Hernandez, Nianzou).

While there will be many matches this season and we will rotate a lot, there is a difference between playing a Bundesliga match or a CL semi-final. I think the board rewarded our players for what they achieved last season and didn't sign any superstars out of respect, with the only exception being Coman, which to be fair, he never was an outstanding player. The pandemic definitely played a role, but if you look in 2013 we acted more or less the same way. We bought Gotze and Thiago while losing Gomez and Gustavo. And if it weren't basically public that we didn't afford Neymar and if it weren't for Pep's legendary "Thiago oder nichts" we wouldn't even have got him.

This season we will find out whether Flick is a genius or not. Bash me if you want, but considering the team we had (he built), Lous van Gaal had a greater achievement back in 2010 for making it to the final. I thought that we would become the next Barcelona but we all know the unfortunate run of events the following season.

This Bayern has more depth than ever before in its history, but our first team is almost unchanged from last season. Our last season's success has been studied by hundreds of analysts and tacticians at the top clubs. For every tactic, as great as it may be, there is a counter. PSG showed us glimpses of that last season, and Hoffenheim showed us already this season. We reached the peak, now Flick will show whether we can stay there. I don't need to win two more CLs in a row, but I want to see that we are tactically flexible and that we can dominate any team that we meet in Europe.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 pm

raz25 wrote:

Looking at the first and second team side by side, there might be a chance that the team will become complacent. Lewandowski, Muller, Kimmich, Pavard, Neuer and arguably Davies, Gnabry and Sane will be the undisputable starters. Realistic places up for grabs are Goretzka's (Tolisso, Roca), Gnabry's (Coman, Costa) and Alaba's (Hernandez, Nianzou).

While there will be many matches this season and we will rotate a lot, there is a difference between playing a Bundesliga match or a CL semi-final. I think the board rewarded our players for what they achieved last season and didn't sign any superstars out of respect, with the only exception being Coman, which to be fair, he never was an outstanding player. The pandemic definitely played a role, but if you look in 2013 we acted more or less the same way. We bought Gotze and Thiago while losing Gomez and Gustavo. And if it weren't basically public that we didn't afford Neymar and if it weren't for Pep's legendary "Thiago oder nichts" we wouldn't even have got him.

This season we will find out whether Flick is a genius or not. Bash me if you want, but considering the team we had (he built), Lous van Gaal had a greater achievement back in 2010 for making it to the final. I thought that we would become the next Barcelona but we all know the unfortunate run of events the following season.

This Bayern has more depth than ever before in its history, but our first team is almost unchanged from last season. Our last season's success has been studied by hundreds of analysts and tacticians at the top clubs. For every tactic, as great as it may be, there is a counter. PSG showed us glimpses of that last season, and Hoffenheim showed us already this season. We reached the peak, now Flick will show whether we can stay there. I don't need to win two more CLs in a row, but I want to see that we are tactically flexible and that we can dominate any team that we meet in Europe.
Just no... Yes, we were shit before van Gaal... But we were UTTER shit with Kovac...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bazi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 pm

#12 wrote:
raz25 wrote:

Just no... Yes, we were shit before van Gaal... But we were UTTER shit with Kovac...

Meh.

Top 5 most depressing times to be a Bayern fan (aside from individual events like lost finals):

1. The Jürgen Klinsmann season. I honestly felt ashamed to be a Bayern fan for a while there. That joke of an assistant coach was even worse than JKs buddha statues. Thankfully Philipp Lahm's harsh criticism of the club's transfer policy woke people up. That 5-1 defeat against Wolfsburg was just shameful.
2. The 2010/11 Louis van Gaal season. In 2009/10 it felt like we were going somewhere for the first time in 8 years and then we suddenly found ourselves inside a bloody culture war within the club and fan base.
3. The Hitzfeld burnout years 2002-2004. Just yikes. There's a coach who is dying on the inside in an era where burnout was not yet something people talked about. It was just a miserable existence for everyone involved.
4. The Magath era where we got humiliated by Milan, Chelsea & Co. every season while winning the double, but everything felt hollow because we were so far away from success in Europe and played such antiquated football. All leading up to the disastrous third season when everything imploded after the Ballack departure.
5. The Kovac years are a distant fifth place. The football was objectively better than in all the other four times but it was depressing to see so many talented players underperform so much and play such a negative brand of football.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Kovac had BY FAR the worst quality-performance-ratio of all Bayern coaches ever...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 am

I'm going to do this for fun. I'm doing a formation putting whoever I think is the best player for that position, irrespective of whether or not he's already been chosen.

And the second bests:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am

I really can’t disagree too much with this, maybe I’d argue that Gnabry would still be my first choice on the right, he’s proven his effectiveness playing narrow in there and attacking from the half space
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion