You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:31 pm

MUTU wrote:Cuisance is leaving. Perhaps Musiala?

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Leeds doctor saw it, surely the Marseille doctor must too.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4590 times
Been thanked: 3969 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Coman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Lol this team could legit challenge for the Bundesliga.
You forgot Nianzou who is better than Martinez in defense and Tolisso in midfield for a double pivot.
User avatar
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5171
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 1690 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Ah yes, completely. My bad.



Even better.
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4590 times
Been thanked: 3969 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Cuisance is leaving. Perhaps Musiala?

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Leeds doctor saw it, surely the Marseille doctor must too.

We'll probably give them a discount.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45890
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8405 times
Been thanked: 13350 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Achilles » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Now that I see it posted with formation and everything looks better in fact looks like a very legit B-team!
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1120 times
Been thanked: 2174 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Stefano Pioli AC Milan coach on fc bayern

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 24704?s=19


Hey ramsej84, do you think Pioli jinxed us?
Probably
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46957
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31497 times
Been thanked: 6789 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby raz25 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:03 am



Looking at the first and second team side by side, there might be a chance that the team will become complacent. Lewandowski, Muller, Kimmich, Pavard, Neuer and arguably Davies, Gnabry and Sane will be the undisputable starters. Realistic places up for grabs are Goretzka's (Tolisso, Roca), Gnabry's (Coman, Costa) and Alaba's (Hernandez, Nianzou).

While there will be many matches this season and we will rotate a lot, there is a difference between playing a Bundesliga match or a CL semi-final. I think the board rewarded our players for what they achieved last season and didn't sign any superstars out of respect, with the only exception being Coman, which to be fair, he never was an outstanding player. The pandemic definitely played a role, but if you look in 2013 we acted more or less the same way. We bought Gotze and Thiago while losing Gomez and Gustavo. And if it weren't basically public that we didn't afford Neymar and if it weren't for Pep's legendary "Thiago oder nichts" we wouldn't even have got him.

This season we will find out whether Flick is a genius or not. Bash me if you want, but considering the team we had (he built), Lous van Gaal had a greater achievement back in 2010 for making it to the final. I thought that we would become the next Barcelona but we all know the unfortunate run of events the following season.

This Bayern has more depth than ever before in its history, but our first team is almost unchanged from last season. Our last season's success has been studied by hundreds of analysts and tacticians at the top clubs. For every tactic, as great as it may be, there is a counter. PSG showed us glimpses of that last season, and Hoffenheim showed us already this season. We reached the peak, now Flick will show whether we can stay there. I don't need to win two more CLs in a row, but I want to see that we are tactically flexible and that we can dominate any team that we meet in Europe.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
User avatar
raz25
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:53 pm

raz25 wrote:

Looking at the first and second team side by side, there might be a chance that the team will become complacent. Lewandowski, Muller, Kimmich, Pavard, Neuer and arguably Davies, Gnabry and Sane will be the undisputable starters. Realistic places up for grabs are Goretzka's (Tolisso, Roca), Gnabry's (Coman, Costa) and Alaba's (Hernandez, Nianzou).

While there will be many matches this season and we will rotate a lot, there is a difference between playing a Bundesliga match or a CL semi-final. I think the board rewarded our players for what they achieved last season and didn't sign any superstars out of respect, with the only exception being Coman, which to be fair, he never was an outstanding player. The pandemic definitely played a role, but if you look in 2013 we acted more or less the same way. We bought Gotze and Thiago while losing Gomez and Gustavo. And if it weren't basically public that we didn't afford Neymar and if it weren't for Pep's legendary "Thiago oder nichts" we wouldn't even have got him.

This season we will find out whether Flick is a genius or not. Bash me if you want, but considering the team we had (he built), Lous van Gaal had a greater achievement back in 2010 for making it to the final. I thought that we would become the next Barcelona but we all know the unfortunate run of events the following season.

This Bayern has more depth than ever before in its history, but our first team is almost unchanged from last season. Our last season's success has been studied by hundreds of analysts and tacticians at the top clubs. For every tactic, as great as it may be, there is a counter. PSG showed us glimpses of that last season, and Hoffenheim showed us already this season. We reached the peak, now Flick will show whether we can stay there. I don't need to win two more CLs in a row, but I want to see that we are tactically flexible and that we can dominate any team that we meet in Europe.
Just no... Yes, we were shit before van Gaal... But we were UTTER shit with Kovac...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23046
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1166 times
Been thanked: 5323 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Bazi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 pm

#12 wrote:
raz25 wrote:

Looking at the first and second team side by side, there might be a chance that the team will become complacent. Lewandowski, Muller, Kimmich, Pavard, Neuer and arguably Davies, Gnabry and Sane will be the undisputable starters. Realistic places up for grabs are Goretzka's (Tolisso, Roca), Gnabry's (Coman, Costa) and Alaba's (Hernandez, Nianzou).

While there will be many matches this season and we will rotate a lot, there is a difference between playing a Bundesliga match or a CL semi-final. I think the board rewarded our players for what they achieved last season and didn't sign any superstars out of respect, with the only exception being Coman, which to be fair, he never was an outstanding player. The pandemic definitely played a role, but if you look in 2013 we acted more or less the same way. We bought Gotze and Thiago while losing Gomez and Gustavo. And if it weren't basically public that we didn't afford Neymar and if it weren't for Pep's legendary "Thiago oder nichts" we wouldn't even have got him.

This season we will find out whether Flick is a genius or not. Bash me if you want, but considering the team we had (he built), Lous van Gaal had a greater achievement back in 2010 for making it to the final. I thought that we would become the next Barcelona but we all know the unfortunate run of events the following season.

This Bayern has more depth than ever before in its history, but our first team is almost unchanged from last season. Our last season's success has been studied by hundreds of analysts and tacticians at the top clubs. For every tactic, as great as it may be, there is a counter. PSG showed us glimpses of that last season, and Hoffenheim showed us already this season. We reached the peak, now Flick will show whether we can stay there. I don't need to win two more CLs in a row, but I want to see that we are tactically flexible and that we can dominate any team that we meet in Europe.
Just no... Yes, we were shit before van Gaal... But we were UTTER shit with Kovac...



Meh.

Top 5 most depressing times to be a Bayern fan (aside from individual events like lost finals):

1. The Jürgen Klinsmann season. I honestly felt ashamed to be a Bayern fan for a while there. That joke of an assistant coach was even worse than JKs buddha statues. Thankfully Philipp Lahm's harsh criticism of the club's transfer policy woke people up. That 5-1 defeat against Wolfsburg was just shameful.
2. The 2010/11 Louis van Gaal season. In 2009/10 it felt like we were going somewhere for the first time in 8 years and then we suddenly found ourselves inside a bloody culture war within the club and fan base.
3. The Hitzfeld burnout years 2002-2004. Just yikes. There's a coach who is dying on the inside in an era where burnout was not yet something people talked about. It was just a miserable existence for everyone involved.
4. The Magath era where we got humiliated by Milan, Chelsea & Co. every season while winning the double, but everything felt hollow because we were so far away from success in Europe and played such antiquated football. All leading up to the disastrous third season when everything imploded after the Ballack departure.
5. The Kovac years are a distant fifth place. The football was objectively better than in all the other four times but it was depressing to see so many talented players underperform so much and play such a negative brand of football.
User avatar
Bazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 566 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Kovac had BY FAR the worst quality-performance-ratio of all Bayern coaches ever...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
User avatar
#12
Chief Critic
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 23046
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 1166 times
Been thanked: 5323 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:25 am

I'm going to do this for fun. I'm doing a formation putting whoever I think is the best player for that position, irrespective of whether or not he's already been chosen.



And the second bests:

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45890
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8405 times
Been thanked: 13350 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:55 am

I really can’t disagree too much with this, maybe I’d argue that Gnabry would still be my first choice on the right, he’s proven his effectiveness playing narrow in there and attacking from the half space
sherpthederp
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm
Location: Tacoma, Washington
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 1032 times
Been thanked: 1469 times
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests