You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2020/21 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2019/20 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby bastos80 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Fénix wrote:Everything goes in these 2 directions, the only ones we can imagine at Bayern since we won't play with 3 defenders in the last line nor we played one single time during Niko Kovač's short reign who used it all the time at Eintracht.

It's either 4-3-3 like Real Madrid and Liverpool or Ten Hag's Ajax in 4-2-1-3.

Kroos and Modrić = Thiago and Kimmich.

Casemiro type of player(defensive expert, physically strong and dominant, running machine, player for dirty duties, very desirable to be dominant in the air) is the only missing guy behind them.

Once we have this scenario and cover DM and sign more creative guy like Thiago, we are done.

It's up to fix wingers, RB position, CB no. 3 and no 4 and that's it. 8) Let the new Bayern era begins!

Feel like with the players we have and we are looking at, 3421 would still be the way to go. But those also look good.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm

With Lewandowski out injured for 2 months I think Bayern should start playing Zirkzee or Arp at CF.

Müller has never worked as a striker and Coutinho could get bullied as a False 9. Gnabry is doing good as a winger right now therefore it makes little sense to play him out of position as a striker.

Goretzka as CF is another option TBH.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Fénix wrote:Everything goes in these 2 directions, the only ones we can imagine at Bayern since we won't play with 3 defenders in the last line nor we played one single time during Niko Kovač's short reign who used it all the time at Eintracht.

It's either 4-3-3 like Real Madrid and Liverpool or Ten Hag's Ajax in 4-2-1-3.

Kroos and Modrić = Thiago and Kimmich.

Casemiro type of player(defensive expert, physically strong and dominant, running machine, player for dirty duties, very desirable to be dominant in the air) is the only missing guy behind them.

Once we have this scenario and cover DM and sign more creative guy like Thiago, we are done.

It's up to fix wingers, RB position, CB no. 3 and no 4 and that's it. 8) Let the new Bayern era begins!
No realistic starting lineup can have Müller and Davies on the bench. Playing Müller requires us to either i) move Kimmich out of MF to play a pure DM or ii) not play a pure DM. Having Müller on the bench is not an option. Davies is the tougher problem, because both Alaba and him should be starting. At the moment, I'd rather play Davies tbh, but Alaba needs to be accommodated.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I would like a true DM just for the tactical flexibility. There are going to be times Bayern is against it and need a destroyer in midfield who can give our creative/offensive players more license to to what they do best without exposing our defenders too much. At the moment we lack that guy and at times look very vulnerable in the back.
Yes, but not at the expense of playing Thiago further up the pitch. We get the most out of him when he is allowed to sit back and long-pass. If we're to use a dedicated DM, we should drop Kimmich out of MF.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:30 pm

I hope that we'll have Perisic and Coman against Chelsea.

I was thinking about possible solutions without Lewandowski in the next couple of weeks.

------------Gnabry------------
Perisic---Coutinho---Coman

------------Gnabry------------
--Coutinho-Müller-Coman--

------------Müller------------
-Gnabry-Coutinho-Coman

Another possibility is to put Leon or Coco much higher on the pitch, there was a period of Coco when he was playing as a SS in Lyon, we saw that Leon can be dangerous upfront.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 am

America USA wrote:With Lewandowski out injured for 2 months I think Bayern should start playing Zirkzee or Arp at CF.

Müller has never worked as a striker and Coutinho could get bullied as a False 9. Gnabry is doing good as a winger right now therefore it makes little sense to play him out of position as a striker.

Isn’t Coutinho already getting bullied? Everywhere?!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat May 09, 2020 4:25 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 09, 2020 5:22 pm

America USA wrote:With Lewandowski out injured for 2 months I think Bayern should start playing Zirkzee or Arp at CF.

This post just made me realise how damn lucky we are. The one time in years Lewa gets injured long term and our lack of backup is exposed, football gets cancelled haha.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Hansi Flick’s Bayern Munich: Scenario Based Analysis
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:16 pm

So, in the three post-corona games there have been two main noticeable differences.

1) Lewandowski is now playing, as Dumbledore7 put it, as a box-to-box striker like Mandzukic. He is doing this very effectively, but even a blind man could tell you he has not been as threatening in front of goal as he was the rest of the season. What do you guys think? Is it better or worse for the team? I'm delighted to see he can play like this but overall I think I'd rather have the well-positioned unstoppable goal machine he was before. But then it's no secret I also preferred Gomez over Mandzukic.

2) Inverted wingers. I suspect this might be an attempt to recreate Robbery once we get Sané but it is probably the only thing Flick has done which I don't like even after seeing in practice. I feel like it's made both Coman and Gnabry worse.

Thoughts?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:19 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So, in the three post-corona games there have been two main noticeable differences.

1) Lewandowski is now playing, as Dumbledore7 put it, as a box-to-box striker like Mandzukic. He is doing this very effectively, but even a blind man could tell you he has not been as threatening in front of goal as he was the rest of the season. What do you guys think? Is it better or worse for the team? I'm delighted to see he can play like this but overall I think I'd rather have the well-positioned unstoppable goal machine he was before. But then it's no secret I also preferred Gomez over Mandzukic.

2) Inverted wingers. I suspect this might be an attempt to recreate Robbery once we get Sané but it is probably the only thing Flick has done which I don't like even after seeing in practice. I feel like it's made both Coman and Gnabry worse.

Thoughts?
Too soon to tell... What Flick did is make us more versatile, not just wingplay, but also center combinations... Maybe this is part of his plan... Might work better with Sané...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:26 pm

I also think it's too early to tell. Will come back to it in 3 games.

One thing I'll happily say though is that even defending has been kind of a joy to watch in the past 3 games.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:I also think it's too early to tell. Will come back to it in 3 games.

One thing I'll happily say though is that even defending has been kind of a joy to watch in the past 3 games.

I'd exclude the second half of the Frankfurt game from that, but mostly yeah.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:52 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion