You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm

No wonder he was Uli's choice :lol: Seems like he's technology-resistant just like the old man.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm

MUTU wrote:

No wonder he was Uli's choice Seems like he's technology-resistant just like the old man.
Let's see where the techno savvy Tuchel and Naggelsmann arrive by the end of the season
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

No wonder he was Uli's choice Seems like he's technology-resistant just like the old man.
Let's see where the techno savvy Tuchel and Naggelsmann arrive by the end of the season

*football savvy
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

TBH I think the 'technology' bit is secondary altogether - rather it's that Kovac seemingly feels no pressure to establish a clear tactical identity or to make tactical improvements to our attack. It's largely as was feared though - Kovac simply values hard work and 'fighting' over tactics and technique. He's said as much himself.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Which is not a bad idea necessarly, I mean look at Atletico. But this squad isn’t really stacked with hard workers :(

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 pm

What a tool!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:15 am

ramsej84 wrote:Let's see where the techno savvy Tuchel and Naggelsmann arrive by the end of the season

What about - where are WE now ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o

Whatever happens this season, this guy must be GONE by june. We're entering a new era in summer and we need someone who can implement young players into the team and develop them so they reach their potential.

I can accept Kovac as a caretaker this season, but we need a proper good coach for the future.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Let's see where the techno savvy Tuchel and Naggelsmann arrive by the end of the season

What about - where are WE now ?

#-o #-o #-o #-o

Whatever happens this season, this guy must be GONE by june. We're entering a new era in summer and we need someone who can implement young players into the team and develop them so they reach their potential.

I can accept Kovac as a caretaker this season, but we need a proper good coach for the future.

Ultimately this is where I have settled for the time being. I think if we were going to sack him this season it should have been done before winter break, after losing to Dortmund and drawing Düsseldorf. At this time, unless things really head south, I think there's not much reason to sack him at this point in the season...I think he has enough to keep us afloat or maintain things about where they are for the rest of the year (knock on wood)...but I think it's painfully clear that he is not the man for the future.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Be that as it may, is there any one of us who believes we'll let Kovac go even if we finish 2nd, don't win the Pokal and lose against Liverpool? Unless it's a total disaster by our board's standard (lol) I doubt he'll be shown the door.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby kod2600 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:19 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Be that as it may, is there any one of us who believes we'll let Kovac go even if we finish 2nd, don't win the Pokal and lose against Liverpool? Unless it's a total disaster by our board's standard (lol) I doubt he'll be shown the door.

I'm afraid our board will not bother searching for a new coach. And if we win BL...don't even dream about it.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

Thing is we are gonna make the biggest investment in the club's history and we are gonna put Bayern's future in hands of an average coach and mediocre tactician

:?
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:16 am

kod2600 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Be that as it may, is there any one of us who believes we'll let Kovac go even if we finish 2nd, don't win the Pokal and lose against Liverpool? Unless it's a total disaster by our board's standard (lol) I doubt he'll be shown the door.

I'm afraid our board will not bother searching for a new coach. And if we win BL...don't even dream about it.

Kovac will only be sacked if two of the below happen:

* we will finish 3rd in the league
* get eliminated by Liverpool
* fail to win the DFB Pokal

the ones bold are the ones more likely to happen
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

I do think he might get fired if the season doesn't end up well. Actually I think he was done before the Benfica game, but somehow he managed to convince the players to give their best again.
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby aterford » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:55 pm

It's just....I really do want to give Kovac a chance, and I've tried to be open-minded...but everyone at the club has indicated we're going to go into a big rebuild/"renovation" period. I know he has given Sanches chances and that's nice and all, but does the club really intend to spend 40m on Hudson-Odoi and then trust that Kovac will be the one to develop him properly?
Really, Niko seems like a nice guy, and I don't think he is a bad coach per se, but it's been clear to me that he's been out of his depth for some time. I just can't fathom the club honestly believing he's the right man to take the team through a time of transition into the future.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby America USA » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:10 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Thing is we are gonna make the biggest investment in the club's history and we are gonna put Bayern's future in hands of an average coach and mediocre tactician

:?

I’m not a big fan of Kovac but who do you guys want to see in charge of the “transition”? Almost all the elite coaches are engaged elsewhere. Maybe Zidane is the only one available (but he doesn’t speak German)
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion