You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:09 pm

Or

Or

also New Bench, New Coach, New Medical staff, New President.
Too much to ask for lol?
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:15 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
Or

Or

also New Bench, New Coach, New Medical staff, New President.
Too much to ask for lol?
How much do you have?
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Glad that some finally realise that Hummels is shit.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Glad that some finally realise that Hummels is shit.
Sorry for doubting you
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Sorry for doubting you

Ahahaha no need to be sorry :mrgreen:
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby America USA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Still less shit than your darling Boateng :wink:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:00 pm

I am dreaming of movement between the defensing lines , combination plays, square passes and tap ins. Instead is all useless and predicable wing and overlapping play that ends up with a long cross that is easy to defend.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 pm

I watched a lot of BL this last weekend, Besides Bayern vs Gladbach, I watched Dortmund vs Augsburg, Hoff vs Frankfurt and Leipzig vs Nurnberg.

I do not see Bayern turning itself around unless a drastic change is implemented in the way the team plays, a kind of similar to Germany. This concept of slowly building from the back, circulating the ball around because it suits either the skills of certain players or the age of others is antiquated and ineffective. Dortmund and Leipzig are playing a very refreshing style with much younger squads, it is direct and simple, few touches on the ball with quick passes going forward and a lot of movement off the ball. I do not see that in most Bayern players, maybe Sanches and Gnabry are the exception, both a kind of wild but at least trying.

Let me ruffle some feathers: I do not want to mention names but some that have been labeled (in this forum) as best in the world in their position, or top 3 in the world and top 5 in the world look lazy and uncommitted to me this season. True that they can change a game with a pass out of nowhere, but if that pass does not come all I remember is 90 minutes of a zombie roaming around. There is a specific player in our team, very talented and creative, that more and more reminds me Mesut Ozil. Unless his starts working his butt off, I am of the opinion that he needs to have his butt on the bench.
Last edited by Jorge on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Jorge wrote:I watched a lot of BL this last weekend, Besides Bayern vs Gladbach, I watched Dortmund vs Augsburg, Hoff vs Frankfurt and Leipzig vs Nurnberg.

I do not see Bayern turning itself around unless a drastic change is implemented in the way the team plays, a kind of similar to Germany. This concept of slowly building from the back, circulating the ball around because it suits either the skills of certain players or the age of others is antiquated and ineffective. Dortmund and Leipzig are playing a very refreshing style with much younger squads, it is direct and simple, few touches on the ball with quick passes going forward and a lot of movement off the ball. I do not see that in most Bayern players, maybe Sanches and Gnabry are the exception, both a kind of wild but at least trying.

I do not want to mention names but some that have been labeled as best in the world in their position, or top 3 in the world and top 5 in the world look lazy and uncommitted to me this season. True that they can change a game with a pass out of nowhere, but if that pass does not come all I remember of 90 minutes of a zombie roaming around. There is a specific player in our team, very talented and creative, that more and more reminds me Mesut Ozil. Unless his starts working his butt off, I am of the opinion that he needs to have his butt on the bench.
I thought that with NK we were going to be more direct... but...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I thought that with NK we were going to be more direct... but...

I have my theory but I could be wrong. I believe that the ghost of LVG and Guardiola is still hanging over Munich, this combined with some players in our team that are molded to play that way. Outstanding good players but with that mentality and because they are a reference within the club others that do not play that way start to operate in the same frequency. Take Goretzka for example: he was always a vertical player at Schalke, here he engages almost in-sync with the slow transition going forward. Like him, a few others found the comfort zone in this style.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Jorge wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I thought that with NK we were going to be more direct... but...

I have my theory but I could be wrong. I believe that the ghost of LVG and Guardiola is still hanging over Munich, this combined with some players in our team that are molded to play that way. Outstanding good players but with that mentality and because they are a reference within the club others that do not play that way start to operate in the same frequency. Take Goretzka for example: he was always a vertical player at Schalke, here he engages almost in-sync with the slow transition going forward. Like him, a few others found the comfort zone in this style.
I mostly share your theory, Jorge, although don't agree with the individual accusation against the unnamed player(s). I'm not even sure if you're talking about Thiago or James or someone else, but I don't think either is lazy or necessarily "caged" into slow possession football.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:42 pm

I don’t see it either...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:09 pm

You see direct football? :?
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Jorge wrote:You see direct football? :?
nah I don’t see us turning this around... It’s making top 4 by all means...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:46 am

Fix the offense! Replace Ribery, Müller, Robben with players that MOVE and DO SOMETHING with the ball. Lewandowski is on thin ice, and gets a bye only because I can't imagine what he's supposed to do. It's so clear that Bayern is out of ideas when the team devolves to: deep midfield player (Thiago now/Xabi past) switches the play wide to the slightly free winger, by the time he controls it the defense is pretty much set, fullback overlaps and crosses it in to sitting Lewandowski and Müller and six defenders. Kovac, Ancelotti, and Guardiola all devolved to this when they realized this was the only way to get production out of this attack.

Where are the midfield runners?? Goretzka, Sanches, James these players need to be playing one-twos and getting into the box.

Speaking of James, he has no excuse to be whining if he doesn't generate anything. A player of his quality should be able to create something even out wide. Müller by the way more and more the Mario Gomez, great goalimpact despite having less and less football ability and impact on the field.

Until we fix the attack and start scoring goals, I don't care what happens at the back, though I feel at this point with no wingers worth speaking of and the fullbacks essentially running themselves ragged in a four man defense and doing the wingers work, we should be moving to three at the back and wingbacks. Though Hummels and Boateng are taking turns embarrassing this team. It makes me sad how many players could have been offloaded to teams that would have way overpaid, Boateng to PSG, Müller to Man United. Could have raked it cash for players that were either found out or past it and reinvested in some fresh energy. Now it's too late.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion