You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:17 pm

#12 wrote:but we were also the better team and won deservedly... As opposed to the last RM games, where we simply weren’t...

And there you have it, ladies and gentleman, 100% proof that #12 hates Bayern. I visited a Real Madrid forum and the consensus was that they were super lucky and completely outplayed. Only someone who hates Bayern can possibly claim otherwise.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:but we were also the better team and won deservedly... As opposed to the last RM games, where we simply weren’t...

And there you have it, ladies and gentleman, 100% proof that #12 hates Bayern. I visited a Real Madrid forum and the consensus was that they were super lucky and completely outplayed. Only someone who hates Bayern can possibly claim otherwise.

Or maybe someone who sees what happens and is not a completely blind delusional fanboy... ;)

They exploited the spaces they had perfectly... Whenever they had to, they showed up and immediately scored... We took the lead twice and could never retain it for at least 10 minutes - they toyed with us!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm

"Luck" is part of your prowess too. Would Nacho and Kiko Casilla make the same mistakes Rafinha and Ulreich did? No. Refereeing aside, we lost because our squad was / is inferior.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:"Luck" is part of your prowess too. Would Nacho and Kiko Casilla make the same mistakes Rafinha and Ulreich did? No.

How can you say that? I remember watching Navas make a couple of great saves. Would Casilla have been able to make saves I didn't even expect Navas to make?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Well you missed my point. I'm not trying to hypothesise a reverse situation i.e. If we had Neuer and they Casilla. What I'm saying is maybe we should've had a better 2nd goalkeeper, better deputy left back in Real Madrid's calibre of squad players. In other words we can only blame ourselves for employing Sven Ulreich.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well you missed my point. I'm not trying to hypothesise a reverse situation i.e. If we had Neuer and they Casilla. What I'm saying is maybe we should've had a better 2nd goalkeeper, better deputy left back in Real Madrid's calibre of squad players. In other words we can only blame ourselves for employing Sven Ulreich.

We do. But then the majority of Bayern fans would disagree since they voted him as the BEST player of the season. That was a joke!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Sven had only that brain fart ... what did you expect him to do?
who would have thought that he was going to be our custodian for the whole season?
He actually did more than expected giving all the pressure and responsibility he had on his shoulder....he was replacing the best gk in the world my dear friends...

And again ... 60% of the blame should go to that idiotic back pass by Tolisso... a pass which no one in his good state of mind would have executed...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Sven had only that brain fart ... what did you expect him to do?

Not have a brain fart.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Not have a brain fart.
From a keeper who was never expected to play... and who had that nice surprise ready for him from Tolisso...

I was more angry for Rafinha (same match)
Or for Alonso and Thiago in the previous years... mistakes by the experts
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:14 pm

who would have thought that he was going to be our custodian for the whole season?
He actually did more than expected giving all the pressure and responsibility he had on his shoulder....he was replacing the best gk in the world my dear friends...

And again ... 60% of the blame should go to that idiotic back pass by Tolisso... a pass which no one in his good state of mind would have executed...

Yes he was replacing the best goalkeeper in the world, the same goalkeeper who (AFAIK) never won the Bayern fans' player of the year award. Imagine that. Therefore, according to fans' votes, Ulreich is a better goalkeeper than Neuer ever was. That was exceptionally disrespectful to Neuer and to all other players. And to be honest I saw nothing special from him in any match he ever played for Bayern. At most, he was worthy of a MOTM award. That's it. If he was really that good as Bayern fans made him out to be in that vote, you'd have seen Liverpool buying him instead of Alisson. Or get called up for Germany ahead of a goalkeeper who spent virtually the entire season sitting on a bench in Paris.

The pass by Tolisso was good. He was under pressure and passed a ball back that any goalkeeper from our U10s would have cleared with complete ease. 1000 times out of 1000 times I'd have expected Fruechtl to handle that. Stop making it sound as if it was very difficult for Ulreich to get to (only a 40% chance). Heck, I lost faith in him so much I'd have been happy if we swapped him with Karius.

Player of the season my ass. At best he was better than Bernat.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:18 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

Not have a brain fart.
From a keeper who was never expected to play... and who had that nice surprise ready for him from Tolisso...

I was more angry for Rafinha (same match)
Or for Alonso and Thiago in the previous years... mistakes by the experts

"Nice surprise" :lol:
ramsej84, if it was you in goal that evening, we'd have fared better. I know this cos I did play football with you once. And maybe you'd have won the player of the season award instead, you'd probably be more deserving anyway.
The word 'brainfart' is way too mild. Probably a brain-nuclear-explosion would fit it better.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm

MUTU wrote:"Nice surprise" :lol:
ramsej84, if it was you in goal that evening, we'd have fared better. I know this cos I did play football with you once. And maybe you'd have won the player of the season award instead, you'd probably be more deserving anyway.
The word 'brainfart' is way too mild. Probably a brain-nuclear-explosion would fit it better.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 pm

You can’t have it both ways... You cannot say it was a successful season and how good our squad is, when we would have struggled in BuLi and DEFINITELY not have made the final without Ulreich, and then say he doesn’t deserve player of the season - which btw, as always, is a completely subjective award...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Damn, is it THAT ugly :shock: ?!

I'd really like to see us play something like this. It might work and it might not. I do think it'll work. Midfield is where our best plays are coming from this season. The attacking wings are basically dead for at least 60 minutes with Robbery on the field and Coman out injured. When those two leave the pitch, you can see constant improvement in our play. James and Gnabry won't be pure wingers in this formation, rather they can act as another two "Mullers" drifting in and out. We already have two attack-minded fullbacks anyway to fill the gaps on the touchlines.

Don't know why they don't like it. In my opinion it's the best formation as long as we keep wing play (very likely) and Coman is injured.

You serious? Look at the post I quoted since MoFattal's edited his original one :P

Got it. :P can't blame me for not reading a quote of a post I read ;)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Tolisso has at most 33% of the blame, because Ulreich is at least twice as much to blame. :P

But thanked because I fully agree with the rest of your post.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion