You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Lahmies » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 pm

It’s not as impossible as you make it sound. Real are not playing at their usual level, Juve had them beat at the bernabeu 3-0 before they were robbed (and no one can convince me they weren’t!). Juve did that without dybala and with higuain. Alas, RM didn’t have ramos... Still, not impossible, there are a lot of factors involved. Weirder things have happened in football. This year’s CL alone had a lot of surprising results from ties that seemed settled already. We still have our injuries and lack of squad depth to contend with, but who knows, Jupp might come up with a smart solution. I may be sounding overtly optimistic now, but I still recognize our chances of going through aren’t that good. They do exist, though.
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Lahmies wrote:It’s not as impossible as you make it sound. Real are not playing at their usual level, Juve had them beat at the bernabeu 3-0 before they were robbed (and no one can convince me they weren’t!). Juve did that without dybala and with higuain. Alas, RM didn’t have ramos... Still, not impossible, there are a lot of factors involved. Weirder things have happened in football. This year’s CL alone had a lot of surprising results from ties that seemed settled already. We still have our injuries and lack of squad depth to contend with, but who knows, Jupp might come up with a smart solution. I may be sounding overtly optimistic now, but I still recognize our chances of going through aren’t that good. They do exist, though.

If we play at the Bernabeu for 100 times, we would get the result needed to advance in one game and maybe an overtime result (1-2) in one or two more cases... So we maybe have a two per cent chance of turning this around - at best...

I've read the same shit last year - didn’t work then, won’t work now...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 01, 2018 10:50 pm

I love the way we play and now I'm even more convinced that playing with wings is the way to go. We just need to buy the right players in summer.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Paphlagonian » Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen I present you the FUTURE;

You can add Max as LB, Arp as future ST, Martial as Winger and Müller as RW or ST.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby aterford » Wed May 02, 2018 12:08 am

Paphlagonian wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen I present you the FUTURE;

You can add Max as LB, Arp as future ST, Martial as Winger and Müller as RW or ST.

Brother, I'd be 100% on board with this
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 02, 2018 5:34 am

Exciting looking attack, pretty happy with the way that midfield looks, and I think there is no question about the defence.

The question for me is how to provide adequate backup for that attack. I have serious doubt's about Müller's ability to offer anything in that system from the right wing. I don't know if Bayern can afford to purchase an TWO competitors for the wings to Coman/Gnabry AND get a new CF to replace Lewandowski, although after the Real Madrid tie we might be in the hitherto unforeseen circumstance of being stuck with Lewy. Maybe Brandt would be affordable enough even after the money you'd need to spend probably to get Werner and another viable alternative like Martial.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 8:30 am

The only reason Müller will play is that he's Bavarian. Came out from the youth academy and served very well till this last week. I don't rule him out. He is our boy unlike Lewandowski he's not bitching about money or cups. He works his ass off.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby MUTU » Wed May 02, 2018 10:43 am

If not for Lewandowski's bad pass (while being fouled) after some 24 seconds into the match, or Lewandowski stopping Mueller's goalbound tap-in on the line later on in the match, we'd have been calling Mueller a hero. But, because he was let down by Lewandowski, he's a zero. Nobody would be talking about his performance in a negative way if he had gotten those 2 goals in the 1st leg. Chances are, they'd have had to open up their defence even more and maybe he'd have bagged even more goals. These things are really fickle and it's a mistake to point fingers after one round, be it Mueller, Lewandowski, Rafinha or Ulreich. There's too many IFs that could have made them look like heroes, or else their performance might not have been seen in such a bad light. I guess it's human nature to seek out the scapegoat players after each elimination.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed May 02, 2018 11:01 am

MUTU wrote:If not for Lewandowski's bad pass (while being fouled) after some 24 seconds into the match, or Lewandowski stopping Mueller's goalbound tap-in on the line later on in the match, we'd have been calling Mueller a hero. But, because he was let down by Lewandowski, he's a zero. Nobody would be talking about his performance in a negative way if he had gotten those 2 goals in the 1st leg. Chances are, they'd have had to open up their defence even more and maybe he'd have bagged even more goals. These things are really fickle and it's a mistake to point fingers after one round, be it Mueller, Lewandowski, Rafinha or Ulreich. There's too many IFs that could have made them look like heroes, or else their performance might not have been seen in such a bad light. I guess it's human nature to seek out the scapegoat players after each elimination.

I disagree. Wouldn't you blame a doctor if he caused to cripple someone you love by the mistake that he shouldn't do in the first place? Would you call it human nature too? I wouldn't for sure. They are pros. They are earning tons of money for the job they are doing. We don't need to go too soft on them. Because it's their job not to fail this big on a stage also this big. We are very well eligible to criticize them over the mistakes (I still believe naming those utter fails as mistake is downplay) they made/make. The only reason Bayern is not in the final is Rafinha's and Ulreich's mistakes. Lewandowski's or Müller's unableness to score is something else. Clear as that. I'm not going to blame James/Hummels/Thiago/Süle/Ribery/Kimmich/Alaba or others just because of the mistakes of these two. They costed us the final. I'd be fine if they failed to defend or failed to score. But we "GIFTED" 2 goals to them. I will never accept this. If I was a team player I'd be kicking walls. Imagine you are James. Busting your ass all day to do something useful and scoring eye of a needle goal but then Ulreich gifts them that goal. You'd be ****' mad. BIG TIME!
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 pm

There are rumours about Leon's role with Bayern. Some of the people (i'm thinking in the same way) are saying that Kovac is going to use him as an DM, since his defensive abilities are very good.

Also, in this way both of them can play together on the pitch, which is going to be crucial for their chemistry.

I think that that the defensive contribution is one of his best abilities and i want to see him playing as a DM.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:05 am

Kovac discussing tactics for Bayern
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 15776?s=19

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/1 ... 10785?s=19

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: 2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:55 am

Underwhelmed by this:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 am

MUTU wrote:Underwhelmed by this:

It's not the full quote.

Both of them are world-class players, who have accomplished great things in their careers. Both have a high degree of quality, a fantastic personality — they are impulsive people. I know how both of them think and feel. And it’s obvious that players are disappointed when they’re not picked. I’ll definitely talk to them, but it won’t be mainly about that. I’m delighted that I can work with such capabilities. You can’t only always see what’s perhaps negative. There is much more that is positive.

Talking more what they can do to help younger teammates, while still contributing in lesser roles on the field.

Also, he talked about Robben a little bit more:

He’s now 34 years old and I think that his way of thinking can’t be changed at a moment’s notice. But I’ll try to explain a few things from my point of view and I hope he takes some of it on board.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:33 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
MUTU wrote:Underwhelmed by this:

It's not the full quote.

Both of them are world-class players, who have accomplished great things in their careers. Both have a high degree of quality, a fantastic personality — they are impulsive people. I know how both of them think and feel. And it’s obvious that players are disappointed when they’re not picked. I’ll definitely talk to them, but it won’t be mainly about that. I’m delighted that I can work with such capabilities. You can’t only always see what’s perhaps negative. There is much more that is positive.

Talking more what they can do to help younger teammates, while still contributing in lesser roles on the field.

Also, he talked about Robben a little bit more:

He’s now 34 years old and I think that his way of thinking can’t be changed at a moment’s notice. But I’ll try to explain a few things from my point of view and I hope he takes some of it on board.

Well, this is a completely different meaning. Thanks for that!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm

So many possibilities! Hopefully Kovac is more bold and flexible than his predecessors.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion