You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 am

If you want to play a fullback as a winger, the obvious choice is Kimmich. He's not the fastest around and not the greatest dribbler, but boy can he cross the ball?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am

Anything which does not start both Ribery and Robben together is fine by me
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby draconaut » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:31 am

I haven't been following bayern lately, just curious who are the keyplayers now?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:39 am

draconaut wrote:I haven't been following bayern lately, just curious who are the keyplayers now?

Hummels and Kimmich in defense. Neuer (when fit) in goal.

Thomas, Robert and Robben/Ribery in attack.

James, Thiago and Martinez in midfield.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 am

We need to promote a central defender following Boateng's injury.

I wonder if we will go for the U19 captain Mai or whether we'll go for FC Bayern II's Goetze.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 am

draconaut wrote:I haven't been following bayern lately, just curious who are the keyplayers now?

Hummels is our best defender. Kimmich is a very good right back.

Martinez has been rocking the midfield again. James Rodriguez is our fantastic creative player.

Up front, big names but nothing to write home about. Still the same old Robbery, Müller, Lewandowski.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Martinez has been rocking the midfield again. James Rodriguez is our fantastic creative player.

Up front, big names but nothing to write home about. Still the same old Robbery, Müller, Lewandowski.

Not trying to start a lengthy James discussion yet again but not exactly like he tore out trees yesterday...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Fair enough but he was involved in the goal, wasn't he?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

Not trying to start a lengthy James discussion yet again but not exactly like he tore out trees yesterday...

#12 Player Ratings (since he's German, it's 1 to 6, 6 being the worst):

Ulreich 5
Rafinha 6
Hummels 5
Boateng 5
Kimmich 4
Martinez 5
Thiago 5
James 4
Ribery 4
Mueller 6
Lewandowski 6

Navas 3
Marcelo 1
Ramos 1
Varane 2
Carvajal 3
Casemiro 3
Isco 3
Kroos 3
Modric 2
Vazquez 1
Ronaldo 3

Close? :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Robéry was a 3 or 3,5, Boa went out too soon, think he looked solid up to that point...

The problem you top team yellers don’t get: the RM ones would not look much better... But they GOT THE JOB DONE... IN ONE LEG... AWAY... AGAIN!!!
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Fair enough but he was involved in the goal, wasn't he?

So was Müller...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

#12 wrote:Robéry was a 3 or 3,5, Boa went out too soon, think he looked solid up to that point...

The problem you top team yellers don’t get: the RM ones would not look much better... But they GOT THE JOB DONE... IN ONE LEG... AWAY... AGAIN!!!

Thing is, had the roles been reversed, i.e. we played an away match and won 2-1 against the run of play, you'd still have brought your doom and gloom and talked about how lucky we were etc.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm

#12 wrote:Robéry was a 3 or 3,5, Boa went out too soon, think he looked solid up to that point...

It's far from over in one leg but I hope they think so too.

That's just the point. We seem to expect each round to be concluded in the first leg. Had we won we'd still have a lot of work to do next week and now that lost it's not over yet. Judging by yesterday 2-1 or 3-1 or even 2-0 is not that unrealistic.

Mind you, there's a very good chance we won't turn it around. Real were favourites before yesterday and they're even bigger favourites now. Doesn't mean the game was already over after 1 game, it would just mean they finished the job they started.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:20 pm

MUTU wrote:

Thing is, had the roles been reversed, i.e. we played an away match and won 2-1 against the run of play, you'd still have brought your doom and gloom and talked about how lucky we were etc.

Well, there’s been a bunch of people here saying we were the better team last year and Kassai ruined it - by that logic, Real were the far better team yesterday...
From a technical point of view we were the better team - that IS what’s so infuriating!! Cause we always always always make tge same mistakes... Look it up: it was still 1-0 for quite a while when I posted it was always the same yesterday and that we would soon concede... This time, we didn’t even make it to half time - which led to us being able to get our heads together and up, go out and fire it up again, and at least score one more to take a still bad result to Madrid... Instead we **** up AGAIN and are now taking an impossible result... AGAIN...

If this was the first leg AT MADRID and we would take a fugly win at 2-1 I would POINT OUT to you overoptimistic dreamers that it was lucky, yes... But I wouldn’t be criticizing (that) much...
You’re talking about inferior teams cause there is no way you could know... Wanna know why? Cause we never beat a good team away ever since you've known me!
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

It's far from over in one leg but I hope they think so too.

That's just the point. We seem to expect each round to be concluded in the first leg. Had we won we'd still have a lot of work to do next week and now that lost it's not over yet. Judging by yesterday 2-1 or 3-1 or even 2-0 is not that unrealistic.

Mind you, there's a very good chance we won't turn it around. Real were favourites before yesterday and they're even bigger favourites now. Doesn't mean the game was already over after 1 game, it would just mean they finished the job they started.

With that squad? It’s over!

Had we won 2-1 there (like that would ever happen...) we would still have to be cautious, but anything but participation in the final would be a HUGE upset, blow, embarrassment and even surprise...
We never turn these games around, let alone away, at the Bernabeu, so all there is are rallying calls yet again...

Well yeah it’s not de facto over - but there’s about as much hope - and nothing but hope! - left as there is of me winning the lottery - and I don’t play the lottery...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion