You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2018/19 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:02 pm

Javi has looked good so far under Heynckes, but I'm a bit wary still. Of course playing CB and DM are different, but I remember watching Javi play vs Madrid last year and he was SO woefully off the pace he looked like he didn't even belong on the bench. Again, times are different now, but I'm still worried he'll have a hard time keeping up vs the top teams remaining.
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4392 times
Been thanked: 3684 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:15 pm

aterford wrote:Javi has looked good so far under Heynckes, but I'm a bit wary still. Of course playing CB and DM are different, but I remember watching Javi play vs Madrid last year and he was SO woefully off the pace he looked like he didn't even belong on the bench. Again, times are different now, but I'm still worried he'll have a hard time keeping up vs the top teams remaining.

His only passing option last night was Thiago, of course he gets overwhelmed. He didn't have much problem offensively when both James and Thiago were on the pitch.

Defensively, it was all Kimmich's fault that makes it impossible for Boateng, Javi and Hummels to structure themselves. We were left with:



When we should've had:

User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4590 times
Been thanked: 3969 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:27 am

Image

Image
Anyone else notice the pattern? Surprising that he would choose to give Wagner the more difficult(i.e. away) games but it has worked wonderfully so far.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 502 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Roonzil » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 am

Manchu wrote:Image

Image
Anyone else notice the pattern? Surprising that he would choose to give Wagner the more difficult(i.e. away) games but it has worked wonderfully so far.


And scoring in almost every game


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 1431 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Manchu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:49 am

I've heard an interesting idea to (temporally) solve our left-wing problem: start Rafinha as LB and Alaba as LW. I'm not sure if I'm really sold on it as I haven't been impressed by Alaba's play as a winger this season but he's probably still better than current Ribery.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 502 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 am

Manchu wrote:I've heard an interesting idea to (temporally) solve our left-wing problem: start Rafinha as LB and Alaba as LW. I'm not sure if I'm really sold on it as I haven't been impressed by Alaba's play as a winger this season but he's probably still better than current Ribery.
Not a bad idea.... not bad at all... especially vs Real Madrid....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46975
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31508 times
Been thanked: 6790 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Manchu wrote:I've heard an interesting idea to (temporally) solve our left-wing problem: start Rafinha as LB and Alaba as LW. I'm not sure if I'm really sold on it as I haven't been impressed by Alaba's play as a winger this season but he's probably still better than current Ribery.


I thought the same but with Alaba at LB and Bernat at LW....that is until Bernat lost his head over the past few weeks...
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4392 times
Been thanked: 3684 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Coman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Wait ... you're really saying Alaba as a winger is better than Ribéry ? LOL
User avatar
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5171
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 241 times
Been thanked: 1690 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Ribery as LW over Alaba any day of the week

Alaba can't beat defenders, can't cross at all... just because he scored a good goal doesn't mean he would be a good LW.
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 12311
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Guernsey
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 3757 times
Been thanked: 3852 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Hahahaha what the fuck
User avatar
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:02 pm
Location: London
National Flag:
Indonesia
Has thanked: 4590 times
Been thanked: 3969 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:46 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Ribery as LW over Alaba any day of the week

Alaba can't beat defenders, can't cross at all... just because he scored a good goal doesn't mean he would be a good LW.
Yeah. I mean, I've been very critical of Ribery. But Alaba or Bernat instead.of him against Madrid? No.

The best would be to switch to a 4312 formation, but if we're going to stick to wingplay, just play Ribery...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3492 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Manchu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
The best would be to switch to a 4312 formation, but if we're going to stick to wingplay, just play Ribery...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

What would be you're preferred 4312, especially considering Vidal's injury?
Like this:



or like this:


I would prefer the second one just because I have not been impressed by our play when both Lewandowski and Wagner play at the same time. They both want to occupy the same space.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 502 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Manchu wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
The best would be to switch to a 4312 formation, but if we're going to stick to wingplay, just play Ribery...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

What would be you're preferred 4312, especially considering Vidal's injury?
Like this:



or like this:


I would prefer the second one just because I have not been impressed by our play when both Lewandowski and Wagner play at the same time. They both want to occupy the same space.
I like better your second option, although my real preferred formation would actually be a 442 like:

---------Lewy-Müller
James-----------------Tolisso
-----------Thiago-Javi

Müller as a the right wide midfielder (in Tolisso's spot) and Wagner alongside Lewy might also be juicy, but I can see why you say it wouldn't work.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3492 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby aterford » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Ribery as LW over Alaba any day of the week

Alaba can't beat defenders, can't cross at all... just because he scored a good goal doesn't mean he would be a good LW.
Yeah. I mean, I've been very critical of Ribery. But Alaba or Bernat instead.of him against Madrid? No.

The best would be to switch to a 4312 formation, but if we're going to stick to wingplay, just play Ribery...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


I wouldn't do it against Madrid (TBH I'd probably want to see James - Müller - Robben) but in the League? Sure why not
#BigFlickEnergy
User avatar
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 4392 times
Been thanked: 3684 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:25 pm

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Ribery as LW over Alaba any day of the week

Alaba can't beat defenders, can't cross at all... just because he scored a good goal doesn't mean he would be a good LW.
Yeah. I mean, I've been very critical of Ribery. But Alaba or Bernat instead.of him against Madrid? No.

The best would be to switch to a 4312 formation, but if we're going to stick to wingplay, just play Ribery...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


I wouldn't do it against Madrid (TBH I'd probably want to see James - Müller - Robben) but in the League? Sure why not
At this point, bases on recent performances, I'd much rather have Ribery than Robben on the pitch against Madrid.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3492 times
Been thanked: 3087 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests