You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Reus? I wouldn’t touch that dude with pincers...

I think your list up there is greatly overestimating...
Either way, Brandt is not even top20 in his position... Fine, hype him all you want, he will end up here anyway - but don’t vome crying to me, when our CL competing days are finally over...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11392
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 2787 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:12 pm

#12 wrote:Reus? I wouldn’t touch that dude with pincers...


Because you'll injure him for 6 months if you do?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 32744
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 9447 times
Been thanked: 7490 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 pm

#12 wrote:Reus? I wouldn’t touch that dude with pincers...

I think your list up there is greatly overestimating...
Either way, Brandt is not even top20 in his position... Fine, hype him all you want, he will end up here anyway - but don’t vome crying to me, when our CL competing days are finally over...
His list is not overestimating at all. We have a WC squad at least on paper, that's unarguable.

In attack, I would concede that we have a couple of holes in Coman (still green) and Müller (not being on form, yet). Lewy, James and Müller (when on form) are definitely WC though.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6097
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2608 times
Been thanked: 2315 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Reus? I wouldn’t touch that dude with pincers...

I think your list up there is greatly overestimating...
Either way, Brandt is not even top20 in his position... Fine, hype him all you want, he will end up here anyway - but don’t vome crying to me, when our CL competing days are finally over...
His list is not overestimating at all. We have a WC squad at least on paper, that's unarguable.

In attack, I would concede that we have a couple of holes in Coman (still green) and Müller (not being on form, yet). Lewy, James and Müller (when on form) are definitely WC though.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk


We do... Bit his individual rankings are definitely over the top, especially in current form...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11392
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 2787 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Aequitas1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:19 am

Since Jupp - we have won 15/16 games, beaten all 'top quality' opposition (PSG, Dortmund, Leipzig) that we have faced albeit not that convincingly and this was all done while still juggling quite a few injuries and without a full training camp with the squad. So, I don't know what it will take you to consider our guys having 'good' form or being in the top 3 in their positions.

I agree that our guys are not at their 'peak' form yet but its hard to argue that they are in 'poor form'. A couple of the guys might drop a position or two but still won't make them get out of the top3/top5/top10 in their respective categories and therefore still be considered 'WC'.

After this camp we will start seeing our guys hit peak and the form coming, at that point all the above rankings in my opinion will stick.
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Manchu » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 am

#12 wrote: Brandt as a starter will never see a CL trophy... Especially not in Munich...

You have said this several times before, yet it is such a strange argument to make. Individuals do not win titles, teams do. Moreover, luck can propel mediocre teams to greatness while denying far better ones what should rightfully be theirs. There is no way to tell what a player will win during his career. Ronaldo Fenomeno, Ballack, Buffon, Ibrahimovic, and Matthäus have won 0 Champions Leagues between them. Meanwhile, we didn't win the Champions League when we had Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose, Mario Gomez, or Robert Lewandowski as our starting striker, yet we did when we had Mario Mandzukic, who is probably inferior on an individual level to all of the aforementioned players,* as our starter.

Honestly, I think it's in rather poor taste to screech about how a 21 year old talent will never win the Champions League as if you could see the future. It tends to obfuscate any actual arguments about said players actual merits and drawbacks.

*That doesn't mean I think Mandzukic is bad player because he's not, but he started not because he was better but because he fit the system better.
User avatar
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:34 am
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 360 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm

Manchu wrote:
#12 wrote: Brandt as a starter will never see a CL trophy... Especially not in Munich...

You have said this several times before, yet it is such a strange argument to make. Individuals do not win titles, teams do. Moreover, luck can propel mediocre teams to greatness while denying far better ones what should rightfully be theirs. There is no way to tell what a player will win during his career. Ronaldo Fenomeno, Ballack, Buffon, Ibrahimovic, and Matthäus have won 0 Champions Leagues between them. Meanwhile, we didn't win the Champions League when we had Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose, Mario Gomez, or Robert Lewandowski as our starting striker, yet we did when we had Mario Mandzukic, who is probably inferior on an individual level to all of the aforementioned players,* as our starter.

Honestly, I think it's in rather poor taste to screech about how a 21 year old talent will never win the Champions League as if you could see the future. It tends to obfuscate any actual arguments about said players actual merits and drawbacks.

*That doesn't mean I think Mandzukic is bad player because he's not, but he started not because he was better but because he fit the system better.


They do... But they still need a certain amount of individual quality... I know Brandt has this great goalimpact score everyone loves, but seriously: we don’t need another Müller, we need a player with a different skill set...
IMHO there’s not much of an argument to destroy: you think he‘s superb, I think he’s mediocre... So I‘m willing to let you have your opinion while stating mine... You are well allowed to rub this in my face if he ever achieves something great... But IMHO, we need difference-makers, not tag-alongs...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
Extreme Pessimist
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11392
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 2787 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby DRvad14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 pm

User avatar
DRvad14
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 897 times
Been thanked: 841 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Paphlagonian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Heynckes revived 4-2-3-1 I love how other teams started to use after our success in CL in 2013. I wonder if Jupp had some thoughts from Benitez's Liverpool because they were playing with 4-2-3-1 a lot back then.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:Heynckes revived 4-2-3-1 I love how other teams started to use after our success in CL in 2013. I wonder if Jupp had some thoughts from Benitez's Liverpool because they were playing with 4-2-3-1 a lot back then.


He didn't revive the 4-2-3-1, Mourinho had been using it for ages as had a lot of other managers. Granted 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 (english teams) were slightly more popular.
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Paphlagonian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:Heynckes revived 4-2-3-1 I love how other teams started to use after our success in CL in 2013. I wonder if Jupp had some thoughts from Benitez's Liverpool because they were playing with 4-2-3-1 a lot back then.


He didn't revive the 4-2-3-1, Mourinho had been using it for ages as had a lot of other managers. Granted 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 (english teams) were slightly more popular.


Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 is nowhere near Heynckes' 4-2-3-1. Just because they use the same formation at start doesn't mean they have the same tactics. Mourinho before 2006 were like 4-4-1-1 with starting only with 4-2-3-1. By the way what I meant by reviving 4-2-3-1 is made it more viable especially against Barça's SS and False 9 which Mourinho had problems with his time in Real.
User avatar
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:33 am
Location: Paphlagonia
National Flag:
Turkey
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby America USA » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Robben and Ribéry should not start games together. Robben has been unimpressive in the last two games and had to be subbed off. Ribéry has been good in parts.

I think Jupp should avoid starting both of them. I still believe these two, Robben in particular, can do a job in the tough games but IMO starting both of them ahead of the likes of Thomas, James and Coman is not the right thing to do.
User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 489 times

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Robbery has been unimpressive for longer than 2 games. None were impressive during Ancelotti's season and a half. It's only through fans' nostalgic lenses that they appeared impressive during the last 2 years. Also, they barely played a role during Pep's last season.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6097
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2608 times
Been thanked: 2315 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Coman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Extend Robben. Not Ribéry.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng(Süle), Hummels(Süle), Alaba - Vidal(Martinez) - Robben(Müller), Müller(James), Thiago(Vidal), Ribéry(Coman) - Lewandowski
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 1232 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2017/18 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby America USA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 pm

The traditional 4231 that Bayern play should do okay against the 433 that Man City, Liverpool and PSG play.

Barcelona are a worry though. If they play with a 433 with Messi, Suarez and Dembele up front then I think our 4231 can take care of it. However, we need to have a backup formation to counter the 442 that Barcelona are playing with recently (Messi and Suarez up top).

I think Bayern must employ their own 442 to counter Barca’s formation. Need to start practicing a 442 from time to time in the BL with either Wagner or Thomas partnering Robert up front.

A few possible 442s that can be used.




User avatar
America USA
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 489 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest