You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby JANCKER » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 pm

International breaks are back soon so...
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:04 pm

JANCKER wrote:International breaks are back soon so...

Yes in fact when I was watching the match I remembered about it...
If I am not mistaken... last weekend of March

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:You wanna bench Lahm in his last season for us and while he is back to playing in top form? :O

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Don't know why I forgot him. Edited. #-o
Coman
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 am

JANCKER wrote:Now that the squad is fully fit... Oh boy... we'll have some unhappy faces. Lahm talked something about it... shit just got real.

This is why Pep was better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 am

This is the best in my opinion. Just should see more of Kimmich, Sanches, Coman, and Boa than we currently do

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:03 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I just don't feel happy with our defense so far. Us not conceding goals seems more luck (today!) than good defensive work. Adding a pure DM might solve it. I don't know if Carlo will or won't do it, but I think it's the right choice for the hardest matches.

If today's defense were facing Neymar, Suarez and Messi, I'd be shutting my pants frankly...

If I remember correctly, the current defence was already statistically better when Boateng was fit. He should get his chances and I hope he'll be back to last season's form, but I'm not sure he'll manage to bench Javi this season especially with a conservative coach.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:I just don't feel happy with our defense so far. Us not conceding goals seems more luck (today!) than good defensive work. Adding a pure DM might solve it. I don't know if Carlo will or won't do it, but I think it's the right choice for the hardest matches.

If today's defense were facing Neymar, Suarez and Messi, I'd be shutting my pants frankly...

If I remember correctly, the current defence was already statistically better when Boateng was fit. He should get his chances and I hope he'll be back to last season's form, but I'm not sure he'll manage to bench Javi this season especially with a conservative coach.

I remember it otherwise... we conceded less with Hummels-Javi.
JANCKER

Postby Coman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:59 pm

I love Javi, he is a beat as pure defense, pressure on opponents and takles.
I love Hummels, he is a beast in build-up, positionning and anticipation.

But Boateng is a beast in build-up, a beast for longue range ball and a beast in cover with his pace and just his presence make the eleven opponents pushing 10 meters deeper than usual.

Boateng probably has to be starter with one of the 2 others for the best complementarity.
Coman

National Flag:
France

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:22 pm

JANCKER wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I remember it otherwise... we conceded less with Hummels-Javi.

That's what I meant :)

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Misread it... :oops:
JANCKER

Postby Bentonomo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 pm

It will be hard for boateng to play this season with such a strong parternship.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby aterford » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:05 pm

I love Boateng but can't help but think that he is 3rd choice now.....He is a great player but with the form Javi and Hummels are in right now I'd have a VERY hard time benching either one of them with no guarantee that Boateng will perform better than either of those two. IMO with Boateng just getting back from injury and realistically only 2ish months left this season (with I think....17 matches tops? might be wrong on that count) I think Boateng will have to accept this season for him will mostly be a wash, with so few games left I would consider Javi and Hummels the starters for any key games...Give Boateng some matches when we rotate in BL and get him ready to compete for next season. But I wouldn't trust him in any high importance matches this year still. He needs to focus on getting a good run of fitness back again, his injuries have been worrying...getting more frequent and more severe it seems. With Süle coming next season staying healthy will be imperative for Boateng....Any more injuries and he could potentially find himself 4th choice CB.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:16 pm

aterford wrote:I love Boateng but can't help but think that he is 3rd choice now.....He is a great player but with the form Javi and Hummels are in right now I'd have a VERY hard time benching either one of them with no guarantee that Boateng will perform better than either of those two. IMO with Boateng just getting back from injury and realistically only 2ish months left this season (with I think....17 matches tops? might be wrong on that count) I think Boateng will have to accept this season for him will mostly be a wash, with so few games left I would consider Javi and Hummels the starters for any key games...Give Boateng some matches when we rotate in BL and get him ready to compete for next season. But I wouldn't trust him in any high importance matches this year still. He needs to focus on getting a good run of fitness back again, his injuries have been worrying...getting more frequent and more severe it seems. With Süle coming next season staying healthy will be imperative for Boateng....Any more injuries and he could potentially find himself 4th choice CB.

I tend to agree with this, important games require a solid understanding between a centerback pairing, exactly what Hummels and Javi have right now. Give Boateng all the minutes he needs to regain fitness, but this late in the season is not the time to tinker. Next season will be VERY interesting with 4 extremely solid CB options to pick from.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Coman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm watching Bayern training today and I saw this. Interesting. 8)
Coman

National Flag:
France

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Coman wrote:Image

I'm watching Bayern training today and I saw this. Interesting. 8)

What? Hummels and Boateng? What's special about that, don't get it? Or do you mean that both and Javi are on the same side? But Xabi is also there...

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion