You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 pm

Except Kimmich will play...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bentonomo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 am

He is not nearly as stubborn as Pep.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

IMO the losers are Renato and Xabi. The winners Coman and Costa. Kimmich is very adaptable and will probably fit in at RB. On form Robbery has to play and Müller always plays.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 am

I don't think he's stubborn at all... just put too much trust in Alonso.
JANCKER

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 am

Robben on the system change for 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1:

I was pleased, because it was really fun. We have moved a lot lately, had many chances. One has seen that it works very well - both in the Bundesliga games against Mainz and Wolfsburg as well as in CL against Atletico. The system is well known to us, so we didn't play only under Pep, but also with Louis van Gaal and Jupp Heynckes. If we've a 2nd tip, a number ten on the court, this always works very well. This is not a topic for me, I'm a player, not a coach.

via Tapatalk
Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby bastos80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Why is everyone losing their shit because we switched back to 4-3-3 for one game?
Not sure if we even did, because Thiago clearly acted further advanced than Vidal and Alonso.
That set-up looked like a way to rotate. Darmstadt should be beaten even in a 4-3-3 with Alonso and without Robben or Ribéry. I'm sure we'll go back to 4-2-3-1 against Leipzig again.
Last edited by bastos80 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Ancelotti seems to absolutly want the team to play 4-3-3 but it's useless, it never worked without Robben and Ribéry. And in every case its not as good as 4-2-3-1.

He should try to get some 3-1-4-2 to the team.

via Tapatalk
Coman

National Flag:
France

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:48 pm

bastos80 wrote:Why is everyone losing their shit because we switched back to 4-3-3 for one game?
Not sure if we even did, because Thiago clearly acted further advanced than Vidal and Alonso.
That set-up looked like a way to rotate. Darmstadt should be beaten even in a 4-3-3 with Alonso and without Robben or Ribéry. I'm sure we'll go back to 4-2-3-1 against Darmstadt again.

You couldn't resist coming back, could you?

Welcome back man!

PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:15 pm

Coman wrote:Ancelotti seems to absolutly want the team to play 4-3-3 but it's useless, it never worked without Robben and Ribéry. And in every case its not as good as 4-2-3-1.

He should try to get some 3-1-4-2 to the team.

via Tapatalk

He himself said that the team prefers 4-2-3-1. I thought everyone agreed that he's different from Pep? Doesn't seem like it. Half a season in and you guys are already discontent with him, lol. Should've seen that coming.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:17 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Why is everyone losing their shit because we switched back to 4-3-3 for one game?
That set-up looked like a way to rotate. Darmstadt should be beaten even in a 4-3-3 with Alonso and without Robben or Ribéry. I'm sure we'll go back to 4-2-3-1 against Darmstadt again.

You couldn't resist coming back, could you?

Welcome back man!

Well, it seems not much has changed.

bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Abc456 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Leipzig?
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby bastos80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Abc456 wrote:

Leipzig?

yeah my bad
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:14 am

Alonso had 2 good games in a row which will make the 4-3-3 a nearly permanent thing... Loser: Mueller - things don't look good for him, at least in the important games. I think Carlo will keep to play him on the right because the 3 men midfield is his thing.
JANCKER

Postby Achilles » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:10 am

JANCKER wrote:Alonso had 2 good games in a row which will make the 4-3-3 a nearly permanent thing... Loser: Mueller - things don't look good for him, at least in the important games. I think Carlo will keep to play him on the right because the 3 men midfield is his thing.

As we speak Muller has more caps than Alonso but treated badly because Carlo plays him in the wrong position. Muller:22 Alonso:18

I don't think that 4-3-3 is our main formation anymore, yesterday in the most important game of the season Ancelotti picked 4-2-3-1 that most of us wanted with a couple of adjustments, Thiago instead of Muller which worked perfectly since Thiago played brilliantly and Alonso.
We can keep playing like that while switching Thiago back & forth when is needed. It's not a bid deal!
Since Mainz game we played only once the 4-3-3 and that was against the weakest team in Bundesliga before the game vs RB Leipzig. I don't think we should panic. If the team is fit we can only get better!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:10 am

Yep. It seems we plays in 4-2-3-1 with Thiago as #10.

Problem is Ancelotti is killing Müller and Kimmich/Sanches for an old Alonso who could quickly be a problem in big games with his bad pass (because he is tired) and his slowness and bad protection of our CB's.

And that's not normal.

via Tapatalk
Coman

National Flag:
France

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion