You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:37 pm

We miss something else from the 2012/13 season... Mandzukic's workrate > Lewy's workrate
Don't take it as bashing Lewy.
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:So according to the above post the first leg, the 0-1 loss on the away leg when Lewandowski only had one clear chance and our attack was sucking bad in general with Mueller not playing, was a better game than the 2-1 win at home, when both Lewandowski and Mueller were playing and we practically played 90% of the game in Atletico's penalty box, only going out of the tie due to dumb luck. Wow. Whole new level of low.

Not to mention that basically all of Pep's best games were when both of them were playing and supported by Costa, Thiago and sometimes Coman. Don't know where the one striker myth is coming from.

I don't read his posts but dropping Müller for the first leg was the correct call imo, and I don't think including him in the second leg improved our game so much as the team felt the pressure and the home environment to go for it.

The penalty miss still kills me.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:28 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:So according to the above post the first leg, the 0-1 loss on the away leg when Lewandowski only had one clear chance and our attack was sucking bad in general with Mueller not playing, was a better game than the 2-1 win at home, when both Lewandowski and Mueller were playing and we practically played 90% of the game in Atletico's penalty box, only going out of the tie due to dumb luck. Wow. Whole new level of low.

Not to mention that basically all of Pep's best games were when both of them were playing and supported by Costa, Thiago and sometimes Coman. Don't know where the one striker myth is coming from.

I don't read his posts but dropping Müller for the first leg was the correct call imo, and I don't think including him in the second leg improved our game so much as the team felt the pressure and the home environment to go for it.

The penalty miss still kills me.

If I were Pep, would I have made the same call? Yes. But it clearly didn't work, and pretending it did was what prompted my post.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:32 pm

It was the right decision just like subbing him out in the CL final in '12 or leaving him out against Juve last season... oh wait.
Everyone is saying that he has confidence problems and those problems started from that game.
Leaving out our best CL goalscorer was a stroke of a genius, you have to admit.
JANCKER

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 am

He was problematic for several games before he was dropped. When was the last time he scored in the Bundesliga?

I'm actually worried about him, but it's nice to see you defending something on the team for once instead of talking trash.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 am

I know to what you're referring... I trashed Pep throughout his 3rd year, not before, but that was prime trashing and made up for the other 2 that I didn't. :P I'm bad when I'm disappointed.
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:36 am

I'm just happy you support the team
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:19 am

At least I'm not happy that Mueller missed the penalty to say that Pep had made the right call. Sorry but if we're gonna play the game of who's bigger fan count me in.

It wasn't the first time he left Mueller out...
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:17 am

Woah amigo no need for that! I don't assume you are happy when other members of the team make mistakes. We are on the same team again :)
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:21 am

JANCKER wrote:We miss something else from the 2012/13 season... Mandzukic's workrate > Lewy's workrate
Don't take it as bashing Lewy.

We miss Olic even more imo. He'd be perfect next to Lewandowski
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:35 am

We miss Lizarazu, Beckenbauer and Gerd too.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 am

ottackon wrote:We miss Lizarazu, Beckenbauer and Gerd too.

I was expecting something like this :D
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:48 am

Really interesting build-up play from the team yesterday night, there was really just little few spaces to use for Mainz.

The fact we played with only 2 MF changed the way how we had to build-up our game. Most of the time, one of Alaba, Kimmich, Ribéry or Müller had to go deeper on the field to help Lahm and Thiago but on the others hand, most of the time, our team was compact and there was no space between the line, because of Müller who was free and using his intelligence to go where there had space.

The few problems we say against Mainz were more because of individual dysfunction, like Kimmich or Martinez.

About Lewandowski, he probably played so deep because he was alone against 3 CBs. But system did Müller/Robben could use the space where Lewandowski wasn't.

Well, on a tactical point of view it was way better but not perfect, specially how our full-back were helped in defense, even if Lahm and Thiago did a great job, it wasn't enough from Robben, Müller and Ribéry.

I guess Vidal can secure even more the midfield with his qualities, but instead who ? Lahm and Thiago were brillant overall. I guess the solution is to use Lahm as RB again, but as a RB who help the midfield to build-up our game more than a RB who attacks all the time.

Same with Boateng, if his true level come-back, who can help even more the team in build-up and cover Hummels/RB better than Martinez did for 2 games

Next step / test : Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Robben, Müller, Ribéry - Lewandowski ?
Coman

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

interesting. Makes it sound like the 4-2-3-1 formation will only be a plan B.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:08 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

interesting. Makes it sound like the 4-2-3-1 formation will only be a plan B.

WtF
Alonso should never play again...
It was evident that he is our problem

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion