You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:05 pm

The team won't do sh*t with thiago and alonso against strong pressing teams. Even renato with kimmich is a better option. The middfield is bayern's weakest point and the defensive line won't shine with such a middfield.
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:07 pm

we need both Vidal and Javi in our mdf be it with two or three men.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Our midfield hasn't looked good at all and that includes Thiago, Alonso, Kimmich, Vidal and Sanches.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 2016/17 Generic Transfer Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:34 pm

A couple of weeks ago I said about the possibility to play without wingers / or not to be dependent on them...
4-3-1-2

when everyone is fit

obviously the midfield trio can change, even for example Kimmich goes to RB and Renato replaces him in midfield.
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:A couple of weeks ago I said about the possibility to play without wingers / or not to be dependent on them...
4-3-1-2

when everyone is fit

obviously the midfield trio can change, even for example Kimmich goes to RB and Renato replaces him in midfield.

-------Lewy-Müller
-----------Thiago
Renato-----------Vidal
-----------Javi
Alaba-Hummels-Boa-Kimmich
------------Neuer

Or Thiago for Javi and Ribery for Thiago.

Pleaseeeeee... I dont know if it would work, but i want to at least give it a chance. If this formation works and does well, we should buy Özil for the CAM and put Thiago on the Regista role (unless that proves defensively weak, in which case I don't know).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:34 am

4 CMS that I would look into are:

Yaya, Cesc, Matudi and WItsel. Especially, the last 3.

WIth Matudi and Witsel, they would bring energy and physicality to the midfield with Vidal allowing Thiago a more free role and allowing Alonso to become a part time starter. So, a formation similar to 4-2-3-1 in

Thiago
Vidal-Matudi/Witsel

Out of the 2, I would probably prefer Witsel since he is a more technical player than Matudi is.

Than, you can go option b for Cesc or yaya. Cesc, when protected is a top class player, however, returning back to England with a subpar Chelsea side has really highlighted all his weakenesses. However, you get a guy that can control the game from the back and provide amazing service to the forwards and especially a fantastic goalscoring threat and maybe a better option as a n10 than Thiago would be.
Something like

Cesc
Vidal-Thiago

Big problem for Munich is that one of the Muller/Lewandowski should be dropped though
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 am

Bayern central tactical genius is suggesting 4-4-1-1 by pulling back the wingers and probably playing more long balls and relying on the beautiful art of counter attack.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 am

rthebest wrote:Bayern central tactical genius is suggesting 4-4-1-1 by pulling back the wingers and probably playing more long balls and relying on the beautiful art of counter attack.

How can we counter attack when every single one of our opponents bar perhaps Dortmund (and some possibilities in the CL) opt to sit back and defend?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:18 am

we can opt to sit back ourselves. We can hold the ball in our half and hit wide balls to our wingers (if we will have any)
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:23 am

ramsej84 wrote:we can opt to sit back ourselves. We can hold the ball in our half and hit wide balls to our wingers (if we will have any)

OK let's entertain the possibility of Bayern sitting back while the opponents are parking the bus.

When the opponents have the ball: Lewandowski as a lone striker playing piggy-in-the-middle with the rest of the opposing teams while the rest of the Bayern players sit down on the grass because they're tired standing up doing nothing.

When Bayern have the ball: we attack with 2-3 players rather than 6. Chances are therefore more difficult because our attackers would be triple-marked. They will get the ball, the result of which is in the paragraph above.

At the end of the match, it will end 0-0 with 0 shots for either team and an average of 100m run per Bayern player.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:we can opt to sit back ourselves. We can hold the ball in our half and hit wide balls to our wingers (if we will have any)

OK let's entertain the possibility of Bayern sitting back while the opponents are parking the bus.

When the opponents have the ball: Lewandowski as a lone striker playing piggy-in-the-middle with the rest of the opposing teams while the rest of the Bayern players sit down on the grass because they're tired standing up doing nothing.

When Bayern have the ball: we attack with 2-3 players rather than 6. Chances are therefore more difficult because our attackers would be triple-marked. They will get the ball, the result of which is in the paragraph above.

At the end of the match, it will end 0-0 with 0 shots for either team and an average of 100m run per Bayern player.

:lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
rthebest wrote:Bayern central tactical genius is suggesting 4-4-1-1 by pulling back the wingers and probably playing more long balls and relying on the beautiful art of counter attack.

How can we counter attack when every single one of our opponents bar perhaps Dortmund (and some possibilities in the CL) opt to sit back and defend?

That was a sarcasm. I am not big fan of that kind of counter attacking play. Best counter attack is when you win the ball up high the closer to the opponent goal the better.
rthebest
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Making use of counter attack does not mean you have to sit back and/or abandon initiative at all...
Also, we cannot really play without wingers, as they are our only true one on one players... And our wingplay was extremely successful for years... Open the wallet to get some replacement for Robbery already, and we're good...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bbenno » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:08 pm

#12 wrote:Making use of counter attack does not mean you have to sit back and/or abandon initiative at all...
Also, we cannot really play without wingers, as they are our only true one on one players... And our wingplay was extremely successful for years... Open the wallet to get some replacement for Robbery already, and we're good...

Exactly!!!

Bayern was most succesful under both Heynckes and Pep when we played with two wingers!

Am I the only starting to get a little frustrated over Ancelotti's 4-3-3 formation?

Everyone knows Müller is of no use as a winger, and yet he is played again and again up beside Lewi and then we can only use wingplay on one side with Robben or Coman.

If Ancelotti insists on playing 4-3-3 then he has to drop either Lewi or Müller in the lineup unless he wants to pull Müller back to the midfield and have him attack from there...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Roonzil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 pm

bbenno wrote:Am I the only starting to get a little frustrated over Ancelotti's 4-3-3 formation?

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion