You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Postby Achilles » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:49 am

Play more vertically, more direct. That's what Carlo has told us [source]

THANK YOU

in the future Carlo will probably need me in midfield

I'm going to ask for a day off, that interview made my Bayern day :D

Read the interview, Javi says some very interesting things about Carlo,game play and himself
It's an interview that simply gives a Bayern fan some goosebumps!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: 2016/17 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

=D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :cheers: \:D/ :thumbup:

Javi Martinez: Ancelotti wants Bayern playing more direct football now

The Spaniard has revealed his new manager has asked the Bavarians to change their style from the Pep Guardiola era and admits that winning the Champions League is a primary aim

Javi Martinez has revealed that Carlo Ancelotti has asked Bayern Munich to play a more direct game following his appointment as manager.

The Bavarians achieved huge success under Pep Guardiola playing a short passing game, with the Spaniard winning three league titles on the trot, while also steering the club to a trio of Champions League semi-final appearances in the process.

But Ancelotti, who has won Europe's premier club competition with both AC Milan and Real Madrid as a manager, wants a quicker transition from back to front, with Martinez having been impressed with his new boss following his arrival in the summer.

He told Goal: "We want to play more vertically, more direct. That's what Carlo has told us.

"I met him for the first time here at Bayern. He's left a very good first impression and the contact with him has been close since the first day.

"Guardiola was also very close to us. They're very similar in that way. The training sessions and exercises are the fundamental difference. Pep's and Carlo's approaches are different, in terms of work and mentality.

"Carlo asked me what I think about my role [in the team]. I said, 'I only want to play and help the team'. To be honest I don't care where I play. I feel very comfortable in both positions [central defence and midfield] so I'll play wherever Carlo wants me to play. The coach decides.

"In the test games I played as a centre-back - that's also because we don't have everyone back in training yet. In the future Carlo will probably need me in midfield and I can play there. I'm ready for everything."

Many have tipped Ancelotti to be the man to succeed where Guardiola failed and steer Bayern to their first Champions League success since 2013 and Martinez believes the Italian is certainly capable.

"Of course there is new hope [to win the competition] with Carlo,” he said. “The goal is to win the Champions League, the Bundesliga and the German Cup. We are one of the best teams in the world. The first two years we didn't deserve to play in the final, because Real Madrid and Barca were better than us.

"Last year it was different because we were stronger than Atletico. But that's football. Of course we want to reach the final again. My first year here at Bayern was amazing when we won the treble.”

Martinez also discussed his plans for the future and said that he is not thinking about leaving Bayern, while he believes Mario Gotze's departure back to Borussia Dortmund was the best outcome for him.
He added: "I heard about the rumours in the newspapers but I didn't receive any requests or offers. I've never thought about leaving Bayern and I've never talked to another club.

"He [Gotze] told me some days before the transfer that he could leave so I wasn't surprised. I don't know if he had more offers but he knows the club [Dortmund] so it's a good solution for him." [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:28 am

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby icewizard » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:06 am

MUTU wrote:=D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :clap: =D> :cheers: \:D/ :thumbup:

Javi Martinez: Ancelotti wants Bayern playing more direct football now

The Spaniard has revealed his new manager has asked the Bavarians to change their style from the Pep Guardiola era and admits that winning the Champions League is a primary aim

Javi Martinez has revealed that Carlo Ancelotti has asked Bayern Munich to play a more direct game following his appointment as manager.

The Bavarians achieved huge success under Pep Guardiola playing a short passing game, with the Spaniard winning three league titles on the trot, while also steering the club to a trio of Champions League semi-final appearances in the process.

But Ancelotti, who has won Europe's premier club competition with both AC Milan and Real Madrid as a manager, wants a quicker transition from back to front, with Martinez having been impressed with his new boss following his arrival in the summer.

He told Goal: "We want to play more vertically, more direct. That's what Carlo has told us.

"I met him for the first time here at Bayern. He's left a very good first impression and the contact with him has been close since the first day.

"Guardiola was also very close to us. They're very similar in that way. The training sessions and exercises are the fundamental difference. Pep's and Carlo's approaches are different, in terms of work and mentality.

"Carlo asked me what I think about my role [in the team]. I said, 'I only want to play and help the team'. To be honest I don't care where I play. I feel very comfortable in both positions [central defence and midfield] so I'll play wherever Carlo wants me to play. The coach decides.

"In the test games I played as a centre-back - that's also because we don't have everyone back in training yet. In the future Carlo will probably need me in midfield and I can play there. I'm ready for everything."

Many have tipped Ancelotti to be the man to succeed where Guardiola failed and steer Bayern to their first Champions League success since 2013 and Martinez believes the Italian is certainly capable.

"Of course there is new hope [to win the competition] with Carlo,” he said. “The goal is to win the Champions League, the Bundesliga and the German Cup. We are one of the best teams in the world. The first two years we didn't deserve to play in the final, because Real Madrid and Barca were better than us.

"Last year it was different because we were stronger than Atletico. But that's football. Of course we want to reach the final again. My first year here at Bayern was amazing when we won the treble.”

Martinez also discussed his plans for the future and said that he is not thinking about leaving Bayern, while he believes Mario Gotze's departure back to Borussia Dortmund was the best outcome for him.
He added: "I heard about the rumours in the newspapers but I didn't receive any requests or offers. I've never thought about leaving Bayern and I've never talked to another club.

"He [Gotze] told me some days before the transfer that he could leave so I wasn't surprised. I don't know if he had more offers but he knows the club [Dortmund] so it's a good solution for him." [source]

This is what i was expecting from Master Carlo. Pep had to impose his ideas, even try to revolutionize football, but at the expense of the club's interest. While Carlo's working for the Club Supremacy... And i guess here is where Arturo Vidal, Renato Sanches will give their best... Even Mats Hummels and Jerome Boateng long balls will be much more helpful. But i admit i would love to have Toni Kroos with us, and Basti as well (even as cover!)
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Well... *Not* being more vertical than Pep would have been pretty much impossible lol.

Kroos slows play too much IMO, he's more suited for a Pep team than a Ancelotti team. The guys we have in midfield are ideal for Carlo.

This will be an exciting season, I already want to see what Carlo will do :D So excited!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:52 am

ramsej84 wrote:We should play with a formation without wingers...

So we have Robben, Ribery, Costa and Coman among others and one of the best #9 in the last 5 years and you want us to play without wingers ???????????????
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:01 am

And I think that Vidal---Martinez---Sanches trio is probably too defensive minded to work well. Not even with the MSN upfront.

We could get to that point if we want to close the game, or if we need a more defensive approach in an away game or a CL draw... but I just can't see us fielding that trio on a regular basis.
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Achilles » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:19 am

YlonenXabi wrote:And I think that Vidal---Martinez---Sanches trio is probably too defensive minded to work well. Not even with the MSN upfront.

We could get to that point if we want to close the game, or if we need a more defensive approach in an away game or a CL draw... but I just can't see us fielding that trio on a regular basis.

Add Thiago there we can rotate and be flexible with this quartet. Don't forget that Martinez can deliver the ball pretty well, I can easily see in him a Schweini style under Heynckes, his tactical awareness and vision are pretty good and he is not sloppy with passes, he can master the position easily I think. Renato's ball distribution is raw at the moment but he is one of his main attributes recovering and passing the ball upfront vertical. Moreover he has better technique than Vidal. Against low table teams this trio can create chances definetely.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:52 am

YlonenXabi wrote:And I think that Vidal---Martinez---Sanches trio is probably too defensive minded to work well. Not even with the MSN upfront.

I don't think it's too defensive to work well as Vidal and Sanches can both contribute offensively (not to mention Boateng and Hummels), it's just unnecessary to play that trio most of the time when we can use Thiago instead.

ramsej's formation looks good on paper but as I said before and as you pointed out, it doesn't make the best use out of our available players. I think it's an exciting option if we have an injury crisis considering we don't seem to be signing another backup winger.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:37 am

I adore Ribsy but I am afraid :-# that he can' t guarantee us a full season on the level we were accustomed to see him play.
As for Robben I'd better not comment
For 99% of the BuLi matches we can play with Coman Costa Ribery etc...
But if we want to have a serious challenge for the big eared Cup ... that midfield or close to it is a must.
We can win all our matches 1-0 for all I care 8)
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:54 pm

@YlonenXabi:

Nooo, please no more of these weird away-game-approaches!
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:54 am

Even the MSN/BBC nned a Rakitic/Modric kind of player. Martinez and Vidal can help in offensive duties, but a player like Thiago is a must
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:24 pm

JANCKER

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:23 pm

So pretty similar to what we have seen already with Muller playing of Lewa....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Not a big fan of it... I prefer a three men mdf... With two CM it means that both Renato & Javi will be benched.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion