You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby SBash22 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:16 pm

right now, it's hard to imagine Pep counting on Martinez as a starter until he prove he can stay healthy

and without Badstuber, it's hard to see Pep playing a back 3 without enough bodies back there..... unless Pep decides to start playing Alaba/Rafinha regularly back there, which I'm not exactly rooting for
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:26 pm

SBash22 wrote:right now, it's hard to imagine Pep counting on Martinez as a starter until he prove he can stay healthy

and without Badstuber, it's hard to see Pep playing a back 3 without enough bodies back there..... unless Pep decides to start playing Alaba/Rafinha regularly back there, which I'm not exactly rooting for

Yeah. Maybe he'll settle with 433 like against Valencia and count on Alonso/Kimmich first.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SBash22 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 pm

bastos80 wrote:
SBash22 wrote:right now, it's hard to imagine Pep counting on Martinez as a starter until he prove he can stay healthy

Yeah. Maybe he'll settle with 433 like against Valencia and count on Alonso/Kimmich first.

even so, I'm worried about our depth at CB.... I think you can rely on Boateng and Benatia (despite having some injuries last year)..... but an injury to one of them and this team could be in some trouble..... I prefer to keep Dante as a 4th/5th choice.... and you cant rely on Javi/Badstuber at this point

I'd like to see them bring in another CB, even if its just a depth guy who would be a moderate upgrade over Dante
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Surprised that no one has mentioned this but Pep didn't start Rafinha against Inter. A single game is, of course, not enough to know, but think about this:

- Lahm plays in midfield but is a natural RB.
- Costa is RW/LW but has a lot of speed and defensive commitment.

What if Pep stops fielding a nominal RWB and instead lets Costa and Lahm share that responsibility in a fluid (total football) way? Müller could also do it.

Consider as an example:

Lewy-Müller-Costa
Bernat-Vidal-Thiago-Lahm
Alaba-Bena-Boa
Neuer

That would be an assimetrical formationWith Lahm in a free midfielder/RWB mixed role and Costa RW/RWB free role + Alaba CB/Midfield role, Bernat in a traditional LWB role, Lewy drifting to the left when needed and Müller doing so in the right. Crazy, I know... Sounds like Pep.

Another point from that game: when Boa and Bena were both on the pitch, Bena was playing left (or central) CB while Boa was on his natural right. I don't recall Pep doing that last season.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 pm

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 pm

note alonso always featuring... WTH.......???????????????? :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pittbay » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

note alonso always featuring... WTH.......???????????????? :evil:

I can't think of many legitimate reasons for Xabi to start regularly considering the rest of the options we have in midfield.

Let's think:
Experience? Nope, Vidal, Martinez, and Lahm have all performed at high levels in important matches.
Passing? Nope, I'd rather have the ball at Thiago's feet all day. Vidal, Alaba, and Lahm are also very good passers.
Defense? lol definitely not. Vidal, Javi, Rode, Højbjerg, and Alaba are all excellent or at least competent with defending.
Not to mention him frequently getting caught on the ball at the back.

I'm pretty sure Pep will have the sense to bench him.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:29 am

I think Xabi start his decline from one of the most important players to one of the "worst" in the team after the missing pass against City that cost us a goal and consequently a lost. After this, he was more a headache in champions league matches than a leader.

With our limit squad in the final part of the last season, it was normal to keep him in the starting lineup, but now with most of the players fit again, if Xabi continue playing as he finished last season, bench will be his position. Guardiola is not a masochist.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Fénix » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:33 am

It's time to push a poll in German media about Alonso's position because there are many spectators, analysts who talk about Alonso with near Thiago and Vidal, what makes me so mad. Bastian wasn't sold so Alonso may be able to play. [-X
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby albanian7 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:34 am

Fénix wrote:It's time to push a poll in German media about Alonso's position because there are many spectators, analysts who talk about Alonso with near Thiago and Vidal, what makes me so mad. Bastian wasn't sold so Alonso may be able to play. [-X

I have a bad feeling they may be right
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fénix » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:38 am

All indications speak for him and that's a problem. Nepotism in the act. [-X
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby tomthebodz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:57 am

Random question, where do people get that pitch template that they put their formation on?
tomthebodz
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
England

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am

Why 4-2-1-3 Should Be Guardiola's Go-to Formation for Bayern Munich in 2015/16 [source]
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby quaazi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:31 pm

I don't think so. Everything we've seen so far is pushing towards a 3-4-3 with two wide, aggresside centerbacks (Alaba and Boateng/Benatia). The two central midfield spots in front of that will be filled by Thiago and Vidal, yes, but fitting a third, deep sitting midfielder doesn't seem likely.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:00 pm

quaazi wrote:I don't think so. Everything we've seen so far is pushing towards a 3-4-3 with two wide, aggresside centerbacks (Alaba and Boateng/Benatia). The two central midfield spots in front of that will be filled by Thiago and Vidal, yes, but fitting a third, deep sitting midfielder doesn't seem likely.

To keep a player like Alaba so backward is a waste of his talent.
IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion