You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:23 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
bastos80 wrote:If it comes to this we'll have a hard time finding something better than this overall.
Don't worry about Lewandowski on the wing, it will be a fluid front 3 and Müller on the left just doesn't look right.

Leave Vidal at Juve, Goetze at Bayern, move Alaba to midfield and Bernat for the wing and it would be perfect

Alaba will be sure to play in midfield, at least occasionally. For me it's where he belongs ;) The transfer gives us world-class options to cover for injuries. Big ? for me if Martinez can stay fit for the season. I just wonder if the other midfielders will get the opportunity to develop.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 pm

bastos80 wrote:"Bernat won't be benched IMO."
And why is that ?

I also think there have been enough sources saying there won't be a Götze-Vidal swap and if Götze leaves it will be a seperate deal.
Alaba is worse than Vidal in midfield and Bernat is worse than Alaba.

Well.. Because he has been pretty great so far (Bernat)? Not perfect, of course, but pretty great. I wasnt implying either that Goetze-Vidal would be a swap, just that I'd rather not get Vidal if it means to lose Goetze. Vidal might be better than Alaba ATM, but he is almost 29 and there are serious doubts about his knee.

If both tranfers go through, I would guess:

or

Müller and Lewy not starting is unacceptable IMO.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:39 pm

So turning 28 2 months ago equals nearly 29 ? :P #
Well, might aswell add that Vidal is miles ahead of Bernat.

And Bernat has been solid, not great. I think a lot of opinions about him are influenced by his low fee....He was pretty horrible going forward.
He's still going to get his games.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:Alaba will be sure to play in midfield, at least occasionally. For me it's where he belongs ;) The transfer gives us world-class options to cover for injuries. Big ? for me if Martinez can stay fit for the season. I just wonder if the other midfielders will get the opportunity to develop.

:shock: Why?
Bayern had the best fullbacks in the world. What is it with this obsession of moving them from their natural AND PROLIFIC positions to the midfield? How much better do you think Alaba can get? Lahm's good, but not sensational there. And Alaba, in the matches he's played there last season, doesn't look like a world class midfielder. Yes, he could play there too, but why weaken two positions(both LB and CM) by moving him next to Thiago?

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Not his natural position IMHO. he's the best fullback because the best players are not generally utilized as fullbacks. The reason to play Alaba at fullback would be because you can fill his position in midfield with an equally good footballer, whereas fullback is something of a weakness on pretty much every team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Alaba definitely wants to play in the midfield like he does for Austria (he's said that many times). This is just speculation on my part, but I think that if Bayern doesn't play him there, they risk losing him eventually. Also, he's such a versatile player, I think it makes sense to play him where he has a little more freedom. Bernat is more than capable of taking over at LB (he's not as good as Alaba of course, but still top 5).
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:55 pm

pyrasur wrote:Not his natural position IMHO. he's the best fullback because the best players are not generally utilized as fullbacks. The reason to play Alaba at fullback would be because you can fill his position in midfield with an equally good footballer, whereas fullback is something of a weakness on pretty much every team.

Exactly. And he has proved that with him there we don't have that weakness. I don't quite care that he started his career in the midfield, for he has showed that he is better in the defense. I don't see the point in ruining that just for the sake of proving that he's scandalously versatile. He won't win any Ballon d'Or's as a LB, but he sure as hell will help the team more by being a LB than by being a CM.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
pyrasur wrote:Not his natural position IMHO. he's the best fullback because the best players are not generally utilized as fullbacks. The reason to play Alaba at fullback would be because you can fill his position in midfield with an equally good footballer, whereas fullback is something of a weakness on pretty much every team.

Exactly. And he has proved that with him there we don't have that weakness. I don't quite care that he started his career in the midfield, for he has showed that he is better in the defense. I don't see the point in ruining that just for the sake of proving that he's scandalously versatile. He won't win any Ballon d'Or's as a LB, but he sure as hell will help the team more by being a LB than by being a CM.

Alaba can be as or more world-class than Schweinsteiger ever was in midfield. He is a HUGE talent. Every time he has played in midfield for us it has been great. FB has much lesser requirements than midfield and it would be a waste to play him there. That is not the same case with Lahm, he truly shines in a way no one else does when playing FB.
PunkCapitalist

Postby MiaSanFCB » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 pm

MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Benatia not incl... Come on...
And alonsnail 1stvXI :lol:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm pretty sure at this stage Benatia won't be benched for either Javi or Alonso.

Also this is how Bayern COULD play and not how they're EXPECTED to play. Maybe that guy needs to learn some german words.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:03 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Alaba can be as or more world-class than Schweinsteiger ever was in midfield. He is a HUGE talent. Every time he has played in midfield for us it has been great. FB has much lesser requirements than midfield and it would be a waste to play him there. That is not the same case with Lahm, he truly shines in a way no one else does when playing FB.

I wouldn't think so. Let's not use the wrong adverbs here. Great is what Thiago did against Porto. I don't recall a match from last season in which Alaba achieved what Thiago did in one match as a CM. He was good, granted, but he still didn't shine as much as he did as a LB. Yes, he could develop, but I don't think risking two positions(LB and CM) to see if Alaba might turn into a world class CM as well is wise. His replacement on the left side has been decent, good actually, but far, far from Alaba's level, both on offense and on defense. And now that Vidal is coming, I don't see the point in having to bench him or Thiago just to give Alaba the time he needs to develop into that world class(better than Schweinsteiger) you say he is/will be.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:05 am

MiaSanFCB wrote:Alonso :roll: :|
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Who writes this stuff? Martinez will only be used as a center cb while at 3 atb or as a DM/pivot.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Birthday

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:59 am

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if alonso started.....
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Are we seriously expecting a fixed starting eleven next season? Y'all know Pep is our coach, right?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion