You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:40 pm

theundead wrote:I think he lost his form after the injury. It might be also because Pep is restricting his role on the pitch to conserve energy. Lahm stays back more often than Alaba while both are playing as fullbacks

Might be that. In any case, as someone pointed out, we only have two more years of Lahm and its time we begin to at least think of his replacement.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Lahm decides for how long he wants to play... and I won't ever suggest for a replacement. Have some respect for our legendary Der Kapitan... I want to see him play even when he 'sucks' if he wants to play... cause I'll know that he gave his all for this club anyway. :P
He could've left us for some other club when we 'sucked' some years ago...
JANCKER

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:56 pm

#12 wrote:IMHO his decline began when he started to believe that he was a midfielder... :P
He can still play RB but that made him lose some of his touch and edge... Still... We need to look for alternatives and replacements... He's leaving in 2 years anyway...

Wow. I was going to write the same thing yesterday.

I think most players excel under Pep. One guy I thought that didn't was Lahm. His mindset has completely changed thinking he is a mf now, rather than the fullback we saw marking ronaldo and crossing with ease..
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:57 pm

JANCKER wrote:Lahm decides for how long he wants to play... and I won't ever suggest for a replacement. Have some respect for our legendary Der Kapitan... I want to see him play even when he 'sucks' if he wants to play... cause I'll know that he gave his all for this club anyway. :P
He could've left us for some other club when we 'sucked' some years ago...

This is retarded for both lahm and munich.

Why would he be given the starting role because of his past achievements. I don't mind having lahm on the team, but finding a replacement within the 2 year span is very reasonable.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:00 pm

He didn't turn his back when you sucked and he was like one of the few bright sides of the team... so he earned it for me. Would've Alonso joined us some years ago? I don't think so... He came here for retirement. It's you get what you give for me... If there's space for Alonso, make space for Lahm, I don't give a damn.
JANCKER

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:10 pm

JANCKER wrote:He didn't turn his back when you sucked and he was like one of the few bright sides of the team... so he earned it for me. Would've Alonso joined us some years ago? I don't think so... He came here for retirement. It's you get what you give for me... If there's space for Alonso, make space for Lahm.

Alonso will get replaced.

Probably will have to accept a smaller role next season with a new midfielder being brought in. In addition, alonso's role is a DLP, not a fullback. Like Pirlo, you can be old and still play the role extremely well. However, fullback is a whole different thing. You want your fullbacks to be fast and in top form/shape.

Lahm has definitely declined in in recent seasons and as a midfielder is simply not needed since we have a handful of midfielders better than him.

Lahm, like alonso should accept a bench role in coming seasons with Muller as the future captain.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm

I heard like Alonso is willing to extend only if Pep does too... He never came for Munich, never would've... Prepare to see Alonso star in midfield for some more years if Pep extends. :P
He was the best RB in the world and another one was the best midfielder in the world before Alonso and someone else came, someone must fix that...
JANCKER

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:22 pm

JANCKER wrote:I heard like Alonso is willing to extend only if Pep does too... He never came for Munich, never would've... Prepare to see Alonso star in midfield for some more years if Pep extends. :P
He was the best RB in the world and another one was the best midfielder in the world before Alonso and someone else came, someone must fix that...

and bastian is doing nothing at Manchester right now. More or less underperforming imo.

Lahm is no where near what he use to be.

It happens, people get old and they decline. Father time has never lost. I was thinking when lahm retired from germany why would he leave when he was still good. Now, that I think about it, Lahm probably knew his time was coming as a top rate rb/player in the world, which is why he left the national team when he did.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

He said that he wants to dedicate the rest of his career to the club entirely... Some players like Totti did that years ago, younger in age than Lahm. And it's to be appreciated...
JANCKER

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:30 pm

Humans are not lemons...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:42 pm

JANCKER wrote:He said that he wants to dedicate the rest of his career to the club entirely... Some players like Totti did that years ago, younger in age than Lahm. And it's to be appreciated...

Roma during totti's time has won 1 league title and 2 domestic cups...

Bayern is not roma. Bayern is a top club in europe.

Roma and the italian league are cheap as f as well. We buy top players, they don't.
Last edited by Thiagoalcantara on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 pm

With all due respect those of you who doubt Lahm are eithter; i)recent converts.
ii)plastic fans
iii) do not know a s*** about football and FC Bayern
No complaints for Alonso but for Lahm yes... Amazing:evil:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:48 pm

When did he retire? After winning the WC... some players after achieving that decide to retire from NT duties and he gave his reasons why. Don't tell me what he won and don't tell me what Bayern is... I stood by Bayern when different shit was around and at times I will appreciate LvG's era more for some reason than this, despite not breaking records and that shit...
There's more in it than just results... we're not a plastic club or better said, we weren't at least.
JANCKER

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:55 pm

I think we should get Olli Kahn out of retirement so we could kick this Scheiss 04 supporter out of our squad! :roll:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:57 pm

JANCKER wrote:When did he retire? After winning the WC... some players after achieving that decide to retire from NT duties and he gave his reasons why. Don't tell me what he won and don't tell me what Bayern is... I stood by Bayern when different shit was around and at times I will appreciate LvG's time more for some reason than this, despite not breaking records and that shit...
There's more in it than just results... we're not a plastic club or better said, we weren't at least.

He retire because he knew he couldn't keep us playing both club and country.

“Over the course of last season, I made up my mind that I was going to end my international career after the World Cup,” he said. “I informed the Germany coach Joachim Löw of this decision on Monday at breakfast.

“I am happy and thankful that the end of my national team career coincided with winning the World Cup in Brazil. I have been on holiday for the past three days and have had the quiet and time to mentally come to terms with the end of my national team career. A heartfelt thank you for a wonderful time.”

He made the decision before germany won the world cup. Not, because he won and left on top.

Also, your exactly right. I don't only look at results, which is why I am not one of those people that proclaim pep's tenure with munich as a failure. However, with that being said, keeping lahm is one thing, however starting him until he retires is another thing. Manchester did the same with giggs and scholes, barcelona with puyol, madrid with raul, etc.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion