You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:29 pm

I guess the age of Lewamisski is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Well, every new player has to prove that he's worth benching or selling one of our players... that's called loyalty. He's doing what was expected from the start, to be an improvement over Mandzo and the good news is that he is... I don't follow the trends.
JANCKER

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes, Badger... But seeing that he had every wish fulfilled - except Neymar - the question is why it seems to be just now, that his work is finally paying off? We get a lot of excuses about the injured players - well then letÄ's also not forget that the guy didn'T want any more players, and also, on top sent Shaqiri away in the Winterpause...
What I think is simply that he took the next step... I rambled during halftime of the VW game... And rightfully so, because it seeemed to be the same damn game ince again... Then I wasn't sure, because Lewandowski had that most special 10 minutes of his professional career... But a few more games in now, I think overall, he seems less stubborn - or more flexible if you will - and more adaptable to certain demands...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:49 pm

If God forbid Pep decides to call it a day I have a feeling that many here will call it away as well
:shock:
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:If God forbid Pep decides to call it a day I have a feeling that many here will call it away as well
:shock:
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

As far as I am concerned personally (and as a big supporter of Pep as well), it depends only on his replacement. My main point for Pep is that I think his possession football, variations of tactics which all basically come as 4-3-3 with one pivot midfielder in the big picture, is the right kind of football. I just simply love it, maybe even to irrational extent. Problem is at the moment he is probably the only manager who can impose that style. If his replacement can cook the same dish, by all means I'd feel nothing about Pep leaving.
Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Well, we have to be fair... We also hadn't won Bundesliga after a World Cup in more than a decade until last season... That has to be taken into account as well as his having a part in the injuries(regarding squad depth)... There was no horribly bad season with Guardiola - but it's also not like his work so far is unprecedented...
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:As far as I am concerned personally (and as a big supporter of Pep as well), it depends only on his replacement. My main point for Pep is that I think his possession football, variations of tactics which all basically come as 4-3-3 with one pivot midfielder in the big picture, is the right kind of football. I just simply love it, maybe even to irrational extent. Problem is at the moment he is probably the only manager who can impose that style. If his replacement can cook the same dish, by all means I'd feel nothing about Pep leaving.

Well, I hope you wouldn't think about quitting being a Bayern fan!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:11 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:As far as I am concerned personally (and as a big supporter of Pep as well), it depends only on his replacement. My main point for Pep is that I think his possession football, variations of tactics which all basically come as 4-3-3 with one pivot midfielder in the big picture, is the right kind of football. I just simply love it, maybe even to irrational extent. Problem is at the moment he is probably the only manager who can impose that style. If his replacement can cook the same dish, by all means I'd feel nothing about Pep leaving.

Well, I hope you wouldn't think about quitting being a Bayern fan!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I kind of expected this response :P

1. I love Bayern to death.

2. I love the style Pep is imposing.

The two above don't have to go hand in hand. If they do, even better for me.

I have my reasons for supporting Bayern. It started with watching Olli Kahn in the 2002 final and I was like "wow who this guy?" and got to Bayern (and ironically now I wouldn't even care about Germany if Bayern hadn't been a big part of the mannschaft). I then learned about Mia San Mia and what that means to the club's culture. Our unrivalled management puts the cherry on the cake. So my love for the club comes from the style, except for the actual style of play on the pitch. That's probably why I'm more of an optimisstic supporter, because I don't prefer certain ways for the squad being managed and played. Until LvG came and as far as I don't like his person, I realised we have to play to dominate, whatever the method. Jupp made that crystal clear, and Pep showed the right way to do it.
Dumbledore7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 pm

You didn't know Olli Kahn before 2002? Shame on you! :P :D
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

#12 wrote:You didn't know Olli Kahn before 2002? Shame on you! :P :D

Yeah well, couldn't have helped it :oops: I'm pretty young and my birth country is very much third world. Hardly any means to be exposed to football back then. Of course that means I don't know much about '99, Kahn's performance against Valencia in '01 and Effenberg's and Elber's best years.
Dumbledore7

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Fizz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Yes Oliver Kahn's a god damn legend of the sport. He was such a great goalkeeper for Germany and Munich as well. At the time I was supporting Tottenham cos my stepdad was supporting them. I remember a lot about his legend status.
Fizz
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
England

Postby Badger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:00 pm

#12 wrote:Yes, Badger... But seeing that he had every wish fulfilled - except Neymar - the question is why it seems to be just now, that his work is finally paying off? We get a lot of excuses about the injured players - well then letÄ's also not forget that the guy didn'T want any more players, and also, on top sent Shaqiri away in the Winterpause...
What I think is simply that he took the next step... I rambled during halftime of the VW game... And rightfully so, because it seeemed to be the same damn game ince again... Then I wasn't sure, because Lewandowski had that most special 10 minutes of his professional career... But a few more games in now, I think overall, he seems less stubborn - or more flexible if you will - and more adaptable to certain demands...

I fear that you have a perspective on Guardiola that I'll probably never see or appreciate. All he does is measured by the yardstick of your own understanding of football tactics - a sort of he-can't-be-better-than-I-think-he-is.

Got all he wished for? The signings since he arrived have been very modest - virtually no star players except, arguably, Vidal. Alonso was old, Thiago was virtually unknown, and Bernat, Costa, Coman were viewed with considerable scepticism.

At a time when other managers with big names, big clubs and big budgets are struggling, and Guardiola is breaking what were thought to be unbreakable records, such bedrudging of credit for his achievements cannot be regarded as competent analysis of the situation.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm not begrudging... Also, what you say about the signings is true... And we don't know exactly, how big his influence on them really was... But I would argue Lewandowski is an absolute killer signing ;) Also, Götze was not actually a stranger as well... And he had a few players that had won one or two games before as well ;)
Bayern has never bought THE top players in the world... Only in Bundesliga maybe... So why would they change now? It's true, the current transition seems to go incredibly smoothly, and does so with a bunch of "no-names"... But again, that's what happens right now, and not in the last two years ;)
Seems we've had great transfers...
But what remains is that he didn't take over some hobby kickers that get together once a month after gulping down a few beers in the local bar ;) - that was the best team in Europe at that time... 3 finals in 4 years - has any club ever done that before? Not in CL IIRC... And while what he did then was far from horrible... It wasn't nearly as outstanding as people are trying to establish retrospectively...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fizz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Why do Munich need to buy the top players in the world when they've proven that they can gather a good team behind them with the squad they have now? Just asking why they need to because I consider Bayern Munich the best team in the world.
Fizz
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
England

Postby Badger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:42 pm

#12 wrote:I'm not begrudging... Also, what you say about the signings is true... And we don't know exactly, how big his influence on them really was... But I would argue Lewandowski is an absolute killer signing ;) Also, Götze was not actually a stranger as well... And he had a few players that had won one or two games before as well ;)
Bayern has never bought THE top players in the world... Only in Bundesliga maybe... So why would they change now? It's true, the current transition seems to go incredibly smoothly, and does so with a bunch of "no-names"... But again, that's what happens right now, and not in the last two years ;)
Seems we've had great transfers...
But what remains is that he didn't take over some hobby kickers that get together once a month after gulping down a few beers in the local bar ;) - that was the best team in Europe at that time... 3 finals in 4 years - has any club ever done that before? Not in CL IIRC... And while what he did then was far from horrible... It wasn't nearly as outstanding as people are trying to establish retrospectively...

In the last decade or so, few teams have been able to stay at the top in Europe for any length of time. Bayern probably would never have gone into meltdown, but winning more trophies in the post-Heynckes era was always going to be a big challenge - not the automatic continuation many claim it would have been. I believe that the coach who kept Barcelona up there for three years, kept Bayern at a higher level than most other coaches could have. Only for the players foolishly squandering a German Cup semi-final against Dortmund, Bayern might comfortably have had two domestic doubles in Guardiola's first two seasons, in spite of new systems and injuries.

A classic example of post-success meltdown is Chelsea. After building up to a domestic EPL win, and not bringing in new players, coach or tactics, it would now seem that other teams have worked out how to beat them. Poor José - it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap. :D
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion