You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 am

JANCKER wrote:False nines no more...

The only thing false in Pep's Bayern is the keeper.
tflags

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:44 am

Pep never used overlappers on the wings. The first season he placed the fullbacks inside so they will precisely not overlap Robbery. He feels any player overrunning your zone makes the team lose presence/options on attack. Just say'n.
tflags

Postby Badger » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 am

We need to realise that Bayern will not keep scoring in game after game with crosses to Lewandowski. It will eventually be defended against and defeated, if it becomes Bayern’s sole or overused tactic. Variety is needed.

Despising the concept of false nines/no dedicated striker shows a lack of understanding of its purpose. The idea is that defenders don’t have an obvious target man to watch; anyone could be the striker. That makes defending more complex, and places huge demands on the defenders’ concentration, leading to mistakes and conceding goals. I’ll happily agree that the experiments with Goetze as a false nine were just about OK. But the concept of disguising the striker, and not playing all the time to a dedicated target man, is likely to remain part of Guardiola’s tactics for as long as he’s at Bayern. It will be noticed in different ways: Lewandoski will drift out to the wings and hold back in midfield for periods, rather than hanging around near the box, and others will pop up to score; Lewandowski will draw defenders aside, and others will pop up to score; the whole attack will rotate and interchange places, and anyone could pop up anywhere to score; and much more.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 pm

*Just moved the last couple posts from the Lewa thread to the tactics thread to keep it on topic
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Badger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:51 pm

In various threads, there are little pockets of discussions going on, with the recurring theme that Pep has discovered his mistakes and is now adapting to the players and applying new tactics. That’s a load of nonsense. This is the progression that he intended.

Firstly, if we delve into Pep’s past as a player and listen to many who worked closely with him, we’ll find that there has rarely been such a lifelong student of tactics as Pep. His bag, so to speak, is virtually bottomless and full of different techniques. And he’s a master of variation. He’s not doing anything that wasn’t in his repertoire for ages. Just because some armchair fan thinks he/she hasn’t seen it before means nothing.

Secondly, Pep has only 3-4 of the players starting now that he inherited when he first joined – Neuer, Lahm, Alaba, Boating, Mueller, etc. His midfield and attack are virtually all new. Moreover, it lends itself to a high-tempo, varied, one touch attack, better than ever. If we look at what is called tika-taka, for example, Pep hated that as much as everyone else. The problem was, tika-taka set in when the players couldn’t master what he was really trying to get them to do.

No, it is not that he is perfect, or has done everything perfectly, but he’s on a level far beyond the simplistic adaptations that some armchair fans think that they’re identifying as his reactions to his mistakes.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Let's make a statue to Pep and worship him. :P
Bayern before Pep wasn't dominating BuLi, Bayern before Pep didn't reach semi-finals, Bayern before Pep never used long balls... What a shit of a team we were before Pep, treble-winners, ewww it disgusts me even to think about it.
I have an idea let's burn Pep's passport so he can't travel to England where he's heading. :P

Spoiler: show
Meet the God of 'long balls'
JANCKER

Postby nm462272 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

JANCKER wrote:Let's make a statue to Pep and worship him. :P
Bayern before Pep wasn't dominating BuLi, Bayern before Pep didn't reach semi-finals, Bayern before Pep never used long balls... What a shit of a team we were before Pep, treble-winners, ewww it disgusts me even to think about it.
I have an idea let's burn Pep's passport so he can't travel to England where he's heading. :P

Very well thought out and articulate response. You really showed Badger! Bravo. :roll:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:25 pm

It's not about Badger but people take it way too personally when it comes to Pep disregarding all our history as a club. Making fools of people who have to say something about Pep... Pep-nazis.
Why didn't our genius Pep field Lewa from the first minute against VfL? Hmmm can he bench him anymore? Where are the false nines? Oh yes, he has to give up on some ideas... Lewa is finally doing Gomez's job, oh yes, there were plenty of goals before Pep with a stronger competition.
How many times was he saved by those 'strikers' he doesn't like that much: Villa, Mandzo, Lewa now... Pep isn't impeccable.
When I registered to this forum, it was after the humiliating defeat against Meirdrid, my first post was fully supporting Pep... but he's not doing anything exceptional. That's all I have to say.
JANCKER

Postby nm462272 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:43 pm

JANCKER wrote:It's not about Badger but people take it way too personally when it comes to Pep disregarding all our history as a club. Making fools of people who have to say something about Pep... Pep-nazis.
Why didn't our genius Pep field Lewa from the first minute against VfL? Hmmm can he bench him anymore? Where are the false nines? Oh yes, he has to give up on some ideas... Lewa is finally doing Gomez's job, oh yes, there were plenty of goals before Pep with a stronger competition.
How many times was he saved by those 'strikers' he doesn't like that much: Villa, Mandzo, Lewa now... Pep isn't impeccable.
When I registered to this forum, it was after the humiliating defeat against Meirdrid, my first post was fully supporting Pep... but he's not doing anything exceptional. That's all I have to say.

You typed a bunch of words that don't mean anything.

If someone wants to criticize or compliment Pep with something legitimate, please feel free - everyone encourages that. When the compliments or criticisms are a garble of nonsense, that's different.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:47 pm

nm462272 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:It's not about Badger but people take it way too personally when it comes to Pep disregarding all our history as a club. Making fools of people who have to say something about Pep... Pep-nazis.

You typed a bunch of words that don't mean anything.

If someone wants to criticize or compliment Pep with something legitimate, please feel free - everyone encourages that. When the compliments or criticisms are a garble of nonsense, that's different.

This is what I was trying to say, thank you.
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Bro. A big reason some of us have taken such a knee jerk pro-Pep position is because those against him throw senseless arguments against him. For instance (no offense), the striker thing. In the 3 years he's been with us we have barely ever played without a striker. Lewy was on the bench because he was coming out of an injury! Mandzukic was a starter against Madrid despite performing terribly. At the time I thought Pizarro should be given his place despite his age, that's how bad Mandzukic was at that moment. So whenever you attack Pep using arguments which are clearly and transparently false, you're inviting the other side to overreact as well. Yes Bayern is a massive and old club, but give credit when it's due, Pep has kept the club at the top 3 in Europe despite injuries and squad shortcomings (Costa and Coman should have been brought one year earlier at least). There are teams which have spent much much more money recently and yet they remain second tier teams at best. Bayern remain an indisputable top 3 (let the magnitude of that sink in) and, at this moment, he's got the team performing as the absolute best in Europe.
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:51 pm

Lewa had only just reached fitness against Wolfsburg. He was left out of the game before for safety. Müller is not a false nine.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Mueller is the only option after Lewa. I don't care, he can stay another 100 years, I liked Pep's Barca but he's not doing anything exceptional as some are claiming. We're too strong for BuLi and any other league... there are 2 or maybe 3 teams in the world that we need to top only, that was even before Pep came, did we manage to do that? Will he manage to do that?
I'm afraid that your love for him is a one-sided love otherwise he'd have signed that goddamn contract extension so beware before you discredit our most loyal players, past and etc.
JANCKER

Postby pyrasur » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:24 pm

I'm just going to take that last bitter post as a sign that you are done pretending Lewa was on the bench without reason. (Was/wasn't? English double negative problems here. Oh well doesn't matter.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:27 pm

He could play the 2nd half pretty well from what I saw... as if he wanted to send a message. :P
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion