You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2015/16 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby AllensRoten » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 am

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Hope to see Coman soon :D

Well, with Robben's injury it'S very likely your wish will be fulfilled against Augsburg already... If he's really the one Guardiola wanted -I think he might even consider starting him - depending on his first few training impressions...

Even with Robben injured he still has to compete with Götze, Thiago, Bernat, and maybe one or two more for a place in the starting lineup
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:30 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:50 pm

do you think this is possible... Unfortunately such formation might exclude Lahm...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Everything is possible... Don't think it's gonna happen though... Also: don't lift Rode up to the heavens yet - after one great performance... Take out Rode, fill in Coman (we need wingers for one on one situations, Müller is wasted out there... Then take out MArtinez and fill in Lahm and I think that'S what he'll play if everybody is available... Albeit maybe in another formation... (and Ribéry and Robben for Costa/Coman maybe)
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Honestly, I think the problem is LAHM.

Lahm has this mindset that he is a midfielder now, instead of a fullback. I also think Lahm knew he was declining, which is why he dropped from the NT as early as he did...

When all is healthy, I hope Pep goes with

Lahm-Boateng-Benatia/martinez-alaba

Thiago-Vidal

Robben-Muller-Ribery

Lewda

Main subs being costa, gotze and alonso.

Pep needs to figure out with gotze what he's going to do because he always seem out of place on this team of superstars...
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Lahm was always heavily involved in the buildup play for both Bayern and Germany. He was never the traditioanl fb to rely heavily on pure athleticism and stretch the field while dropping crosses in. To us he was always more important than that and served as a type of sweeper, that happened to play on the right rather than the middle.

Declining or not, he is the immensily superior option for the RB position, but having now transitioned to a post-Basti, post-Ribery era and having something of a post-Robben option as well, it might be time to think heavily for the post-Lahm era as well.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby albanian7 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:02 pm

endrity wrote:Lahm was always heavily involved in the buildup play for both Bayern and Germany. He was never the traditioanl fb to rely heavily on pure athleticism and stretch the field while dropping crosses in. To us he was always more important than that and served as a type of sweeper, that happened to play on the right rather than the middle.

Declining or not, he is the immensily superior option for the RB position, but having now transitioned to a post-Basti, post-Ribery era and having something of a post-Robben option as well, it might be time to think heavily for the post-Lahm era as well.

Used to play as a sweeper. That's the key word. Not anymore. Can anyone help us with the number of touches or something? He used to be second-third in the team under both Jupp and Pep. Now I think there's a possibility he's second-last. He's not a central part of the buildup, he's usually doing backward passes or joining the midfield and getting into the box. Now I don't see the benefit of having the worst finisher in the box and the whole right flank exposed - but that's just me
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ottackon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:06 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby endrity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm

albanian7 wrote:
endrity wrote:Lahm was always heavily involved in the buildup play for both Bayern and Germany. He was never the traditioanl fb to rely heavily on pure athleticism and stretch the field while dropping crosses in. To us he was always more important than that and served as a type of sweeper, that happened to play on the right rather than the middle.

Used to play as a sweeper. That's the key word. Not anymore. Can anyone help us with the number of touches or something? He used to be second-third in the team under both Jupp and Pep. Now I think there's a possibility he's second-last. He's not a central part of the buildup, he's usually doing backward passes or joining the midfield and getting into the box. Now I don't see the benefit of having the worst finisher in the box and the whole right flank exposed - but that's just me

Yeah I'd like to see some stats on this, number of touches and heat maps. I am not entirely convinced that Lahm has suddenly forgot to play play right back.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ottackon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Goals from set pieces since august 2014 in the top 5 european leagues

Goals from all set pieces (UCL and national leagues)
Spoiler: show

Goals from corner kicks

Goals from direct free kicks

Goals from indirect free kicks

Goals from penalties

Goals from throw-ins
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Well, we new we suckes at corners and free-kicks before that... Surprised though, that we're actually not too bad in direct free kicks... Must be Alaba's fault... :P :D
Penalties? Well, with the stupid ass excuses for a penalty RM gets no wonder they have the most...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Atl Madrid masters of set pieces... it's like their only thing. :P
Simeone had perfect headers as a player...
JANCKER

Re: Robert Lewandowski

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Yes, there's an article by Honigstein on ESPN in which Lewy says his recent output is down to Costa being tailor made for him and Müller. The orthodox winger thing is clearly doing wonders for his and Tommy's stats, no doubt.

@jancker we haven't really played false nines for any sort of extended period since Pep arrived... He tried it these season, but that was clearly done to: 1. afford a few minutes to Götze + Müller on their natural position (Pep regards Götze as a false nine/SS) 2. To develop a plan C en case Lewy is injured, tired or out of form. He also tried Ribery on S01 but abandoned that pretty quickly.

Also, we are not using overlapping wings ATM, just regular orthodox wingers dribbling and crossing by themselves. Whoever thinks our current form is due to a return to overlapping wings is just trying to force the Jupp-golden-age-thinking again.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yes, there's an article by Honigstein on ESPN in which Lewy says his recent output is down to Costa being tailor made for him and Müller. The orthodox winger thing is clearly doing wonders for his and Tommy's stats, no doubt.

@jancker we haven't really played false nines for any sort of extended period since Pep arrived... He tried it these season, but that was clearly done to: 1. afford a few minutes to Götze + Müller on their natural position (Pep regards Götze as a false nine/SS) 2. To develop a plan C en case Lewy is injured, tired or out of form. He also tried Ribery on S01 but abandoned that pretty quickly.

Also, we are not using overlapping wings ATM, just regular orthodox wingers dribbling and crossing by themselves. Whoever thinks our current form is due to a return to overlapping wings is just trying to force the Jupp-golden-age-thinking again.

Agree, we are playing very standard tactics, whether in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, even tiki-taka is pretty much gone. We are just executing it perfectly, no fooling around. As I have said in other threads, long may it continue.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Badger » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:33 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Yes, there's an article by Honigstein on ESPN in which Lewy says his recent output is down to Costa being tailor made for him and Müller. The orthodox winger thing is clearly doing wonders for his and Tommy's stats, no doubt.

Great post.

The whole wingers concept is very interesting to watch at the moment. I think it is a misconception to regard it as something new that Guardiola has now decided to try out. It is more a case that he’s never had such an unselfish pair of dedicated wingers, as Costa and Coman, for any length of time in his previous seasons. (Indeed, in the Zagreb game, I’d have liked Coman to be more selfish and take a few more first time shots himself, rather than attempt to pass the ball.) Ribery and Robben have been unavailable for long periods, and Robben in particular is not nearly as inclined to spray good crosses into the box. The overlapping backs generally provided more crosses than the wingers. Now we’re seeing less overlapping from the wing backs. In a sense it is not needed; Costa and Coman are creating enough space for themselves and getting enough crosses in. Any more crossing starts to become predictable, and it has been shown in the past that overuse of a target man can be defended against. We’ll see the false nine used again at times. The modern game needs to be unpredictable to succeed at the highest level, and Guardiola is a huge believer in that and a master at executing it.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion