You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 am

Netherland´s formation was obviously very counter-attack oriented (which we all know Guardiola is not going to adopt), but there are a couple of points which I believe could enrich his system quite a bit:

- 3 men at the back + 4 (including two Wing-backs) proved to be very fluent and adaptable. I was really surprised at how easily the formation switched from a 5-2-3 to a 3-4-3 depending on what the game required at any given moment.

- The Dutch played a very compact game: there was very rarely much of distance between the most advanced players and the deeper players, which helped the Netherlands to nullify the Spanish midfield dominance. Their tactical discipline in this sense was really outstanding.

P.D.: Robben is aging like wine, he gets classier and better by the season! :D
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:49 am

The formation looks pretty solid on field. With ball possession, it might turn out to be the cure against all-defensive opponents. A lot of options on the attack with the wing-backs supporting the three front men. But, I would also like to see the diagonal long balls as perfectly executed by Blind (what a guy!) last night. If we can sometimes be more direct upon taking possession and play those into space for Robben and Lewandowski to exploit, it would be lethal.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:02 am

It needs to be somewhat of a mix I suppose. We've used it successfully against a counterattacking team. Holland used it successfully against a possession team. It seems that executed well it can be the solution against all kinds of football, but it'll take time to get there I think.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:33 pm

As I said, 3-atb has huge potential if you have the right players and right tactics.
Alaba + Cuadrado as wing backs with Martínez as a central figure in defence sounds great.

Götze Lewandowski Robben
Thiago
Alaba Lahm Cuadrado
Dante Martínez Boateng
Neuer
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:06 am

bastos80 wrote:As I said, 3-atb has huge potential if you have the right players and right tactics.
Alaba + Cuadrado as wing backs with Martínez as a central figure in defence sounds great.

Götze Lewandowski Robben
Thiago
Alaba Lahm Cuadrado
Dante Martínez Boateng
Neuer

I didn´t think Cuadrado was that great in colombia´s game. I´d much rather have Lahm as the wingback and Schweinsteiger/Kroos/Hojbjerg in the middle. Heck, if Lahm is gonna play in the middle, then I´d give the wingback to Müller or Hojbjerg. I don´t actually think the two midfielders in the outside of the middle four need to be fullbacks, their defensive contribution can happen up in the field, not necessarily in the back.
PunkCapitalist

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 am

I differ on Cuardado not being great in Colombia's game, but I fully agree with you on the rest. It should be either Lahm as wing-back or Muller who can run back and forth as hell.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:58 am

How many people think 343 will be our standard formation next year ?
I think we'll still play 433. Not like it makes a huge difference in game anyways :P

What I think we lack is a worldclass box-to-box player. Schweinsteiger can fill that role, altough I think he lacks certain aspects for that. Höjbjerg could become one on day.
I would love to have Ramsey if Kroos leaves, Thiago will fill the Kroos role as the director in midfield, just a bit more dynamic, Ramsey could add more explositivity.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:53 pm

bastos80 wrote:How many people think 343 will be our standard formation next year ?
I think we'll still play 433. Not like it makes a huge difference in game anyways :P

What I think we lack is a worldclass box-to-box player. Schweinsteiger can fill that role, altough I think he lacks certain aspects for that. Höjbjerg could become one on day.
I would love to have Ramsey if Kroos leaves, Thiago will fill the Kroos role as the director in midfield, just a bit more dynamic, Ramsey could add more explositivity.

What does Schweinstiger lack? In my opinion he has all the tools of a box to box midfielder but the only obvious draw back is his age and injuries. Especially in the first leg of the Man U game he showed why he is one of the best box to box CMs in the world. Its still to early to say much about Hojbjerg but I dont see Ramsey as a likely option seeing he signed a new contract.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:How many people think 343 will be our standard formation next year ?

What does Schweinstiger lack? In my opinion he has all the tools of a box to box midfielder but the only obvious draw back is his age and injuries. Especially in the first leg of the Man U game he showed why he is one of the best box to box CMs in the world. Its still to early to say much about Hojbjerg but I dont see Ramsey as a likely option seeing he signed a new contract.

Quickness, physically and mentaly. He's better as a director, just like Kroos.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:42 pm

That formation could morph pretty quickly in game to where Martinez or whoever is in DM drops back and the fullbacks push into midfield. However I can see Guardiola continuing to use Lahm centrally. For our "pizza" games I don't see formation making much of a difference because we see so much of the ball almost everyone is forward anyway. Formation and especially personnel selection for the different positions will be more critical in our tougher matches or in the CL. I'd like to see Martinez played a bit more because I am curious if he could succeed as a lone DM. I want him to be a great midfielder but I'd trust Lahm to be a better distributor of the ball, and Lahm has such a good reading of the game that he doesn't have to act like a midfield destroyer because he diffuses most situations before it requires heroism. Maybe the fact that I always remember the photo shoot where Müller laughs at Javi for his blank stare doesn't help my opinion of his tactical intelligence :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Javi is a very inteligent player. I also don't really want to see a midfielder sacrificed for Rafinha who would obviously play if Lahm was moved to midfield when we play a 433. As you said, Lahm and Alaba would act as midfielders most of the time anyways, and I don't think Lahm is really needed as a distributor. Kroos is our best player at doing that. His confidence on the ball and his passing is just stunning.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 am

bastos80 wrote:Javi is a very inteligent player. I also don't really want to see a midfielder sacrificed for Rafinha who would obviously play if Lahm was moved to midfield when we play a 433. As you said, Lahm and Alaba would act as midfielders most of the time anyways, and I don't think Lahm is really needed as a distributor. Kroos is our best player at doing that. His confidence on the ball and his passing is just stunning.

Didn't Rummenigge said the board (or Guardiola) sees Rode as our next right-back?
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Yeah, but I still don't want the best CDM in the world to play in defence and the best RB in the world to play in midfield.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:56 pm

The netherland matches showed that 3-atb doesn't work against every opponent. Works perfectly against teams that play a posession game, but it's not really effective against teams like Australia.
Considering our game against BVB, it seems to work against teams that are purely based on counter attacking too, therefore I think we will be very flexible next season and 343 won't be our main formation.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm certain its been said already but i think we'll attack with a 343 and defend with a 532/541. *In case of emergency, break glass to release 4231*
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion