You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Fénix » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:40 pm






So, this is it. We need new no. 9 and a backup winger.


Signature: Jupp Heynckes' football style. There's no other way after this tonight and the first 45 minutes.

It's just our destiny.
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10716
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4612 times
Been thanked: 4347 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:07 am

Heat map vs Porto 1st half
[IMG]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/400/mcs/media/images/82473000/jpg/_82473595_bayern.jpg
[/IMG]

Pep has been using a lot of 442 with Robbery out and even in the second leg vs Shaktar
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18489
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5863 times
Been thanked: 4458 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:34 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Heat map vs Porto 1st half
[IMG]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/400/mcs/media/images/82473000/jpg/_82473595_bayern.jpg
[/IMG]

Pep has been using a lot of 442 with Robbery out and even in the second leg vs Shaktar

Well, it is the best way to use Müller and Lewy together...
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3447 times
Been thanked: 3039 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:35 am

4-2-3-1 formation in bayern born with Van Gaal, but of course Heynckes improve and made perfect the formation.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Panamá
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 485 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Achilles » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:56 am

It's a shame that Pep can't step back his ideas for a while.

Watching Thiago play even not at his 100% because of his long time absence,he could thrive at a trequartista role(Baggio style) or a classic No.10 with two DMF behind him watching his back(Basti-Javi) like Mourinho's Inter for example when he played Sneijder as a No.10 having Cambiasso-Stankovic behind him making the team more stable and solid at the back. I preffer Thiago as a #10 and not a hybrid of #8 & #10 he is too cocky sometimes.

When everyone will be back at full training(hopefully) Pep has to...let it go,play a mix of Jupp + Pep it's perfect,let it go with the 3 CB's with Lahm at midfield etc . Bernat-Ribery can be functional(not as much as Alaba) and Robben-Lahm will do what they do best,even Lewa will be better.
This team and this roster it's destined for the wings,we are nearly unstoppable,we are creating chances every 5 minutes sometimes we need only these 5 minutes to end a game,Pep has proven that he is a genius but at the moment his stubbornness is hurting Bayern,we're at the SF last year's tactic mistake by Pep doesn't have to happen again,as a coach you need to be a little flexible with your ideas for the team's good.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 , Lahm as a RB , look how many chances he created in just 45 minutes and Robben wasn't on the pitch...
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3836
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 1076 times
Been thanked: 2070 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby sws » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:08 am

Achilles wrote:It's a shame that Pep can't step back his ideas for a while.

Watching Thiago play even not at his 100% because of his long time absence,he could thrive at a trequartista role(Baggio style) or a classic No.10 with two DMF behind him watching his back(Basti-Javi) like Mourinho's Inter for example when he played Sneijder as a No.10 having Cambiasso-Stankovic behind him making the team more stable and solid at the back. I preffer Thiago as a #10 and not a hybrid of #8 & #10 he is too cocky sometimes.

When everyone will be back at full training(hopefully) Pep has to...let it go,play a mix of Jupp + Pep it's perfect,let it go with the 3 CB's with Lahm at midfield etc . Bernat-Ribery can be functional(not as much as Alaba) and Robben-Lahm will do what they do best,even Lewa will be better.
This team and this roster it's destined for the wings,we are nearly unstoppable,we are creating chances every 5 minutes sometimes we need only these 5 minutes to end a game,Pep has proven that he is a genius but at the moment his stubbornness is hurting Bayern,we're at the SF last year's tactic mistake by Pep doesn't have to happen again,as a coach you need to be a little flexible with your ideas for the team's good.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 , Lahm as a RB , look how many chances he created in just 45 minutes and Robben wasn't on the pitch...


Don't really understand this. Wasn't Pep's biggest mistake last season letting go of his ideals and playing the 4-2-4 instead of what he actually wanted?

Not only that but Lahm didn't play RB yesterday but in midfield and most likely Pep will continue with 3 at the back, with a full lineup which is what he ideally wants in the first place. That's why he'd been priming Javi for the middle CB role all of last year, no? I mean there's already a big difference from how Bayern played last season to this season already (at close to full squad).
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 83 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:35 am

Laughable to read of last night's performance being described as Heynckes's style. It had virtually no resemblance to anything that was Heynckes's style or unique to Heynckes.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
User avatar
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
National Flag:
Northern Ireland
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 654 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby sws » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:01 am

Badger wrote:Laughable to read of last night's performance being described as Heynckes's style. It had virtually no resemblance to anything that was Heynckes's style or unique to Heynckes.


Don't understand how people have this weird obsession with possession. Especially when the other team parks the bus. Are the players just supposed to play like Shaqiri and just kick the ball at goal when they have like 0 chance of getting it in? Like do people think that Pep doesn't want to score goals? He just parks the bus in the opponents half for shits and giggles?

I honestly get the impression from some people that they think that Pep just wants to pass the ball for no reason without scoring and that when the players score, it's them daring to "defy" Pep. Like "TAKE THAT PEP AND YOUR PASSING AND TIKI-TAKA BULL SHIT. THAT'LL SHOW HIM.". Or when we lose or draw "HEY LOL AT LEAST WE HAD XX% POSSESSION. PEP MUST BE SO HAPPY." Not like he averaged 3 goals a game in his last season at Barcelona? Or that when the team is up 5-0, he's still yelling at them to keep trying for more? Like you guys, this isn't Spain with Del Bosque or Jose Mourinho trying to win all games 1-0.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I mean we had 63% possession in the first half and 54% possession in the first half. We played much better in the first half. We can still counter-attack and have 72% possession like we did against Bremen. We can still score corners and free-kicks and headers and play direct.

Is it that some people have the impression that direct football and possession are inversely related? It's kind of weird.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 83 times
Gender: Female

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:14 am

sws wrote:
Badger wrote:Laughable to read of last night's performance being described as Heynckes's style. It had virtually no resemblance to anything that was Heynckes's style or unique to Heynckes.


Don't understand how people have this weird obsession with possession. Especially when the other team parks the bus. Are the players just supposed to play like Shaqiri and just kick the ball at goal when they have like 0 chance of getting it in? Like do people think that Pep doesn't want to score goals? He just parks the bus in the opponents half for shits and giggles?

I honestly get the impression from some people that they think that Pep just wants to pass the ball for no reason without scoring and that when the players score, it's them daring to "defy" Pep. Like "TAKE THAT PEP AND YOUR PASSING AND TIKI-TAKA BULL SHIT. THAT'LL SHOW HIM.". Or when we lose or draw "HEY LOL AT LEAST WE HAD XX% POSSESSION. PEP MUST BE SO HAPPY." Not like he averaged 3 goals a game in his last season at Barcelona? Or that when the team is up 5-0, he's still yelling at them to keep trying for more? Like you guys, this isn't Spain with Del Bosque or Jose Mourinho trying to win all games 1-0.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

I mean we had 63% possession in the first half and 54% possession in the first half. We played much better in the first half. We can still counter-attack and have 72% possession like we did against Bremen. We can still score corners and free-kicks and headers and play direct.

Is it that some people have the impression that direct football and possession are inversely related? It's kind of weird.

When you’ve watched nearly two seasons of Pep at Bayern, heard how the people closest to him – i.e. the Bayern players and Bayern board – are totally persuaded of his tactics and ability, then the number of possible answers to your question becomes very few. Possibly there are only 2-3 remaining answers:
(1) These fans know better than Pep, the players, the board, etc.
(2) These fans are simply very poor analysts.
(3) These fans are trolls.

My money would be on No2.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
User avatar
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
National Flag:
Northern Ireland
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 654 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:01 pm

I blame too much FM and FIFA Career mode
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18489
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5863 times
Been thanked: 4458 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Pittbay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:03 pm

I think this could be a world beater, but obviously Medhi, Javi and Arjen will need a few weeks to get back into top shape.

User avatar
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: USA
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 485 times
Been thanked: 339 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby runaway » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Updated creativity combination. Lewandowski has now surpassed Robben on shots taken from chances created. Rafinha has created chances for 16 teammates only Thiago, Pizzaro, and Weiser have not yet received a key pass from him. Thiago-d with 8 chances created, the most since the 'injury crisis'. And Müller-Lewa strike partnership keeps on growing!

Overall:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image


Since injury crisis:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1009 times

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby rthebest » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Badger wrote:
sws wrote:
Badger wrote:Laughable to read of last night's performance being described as Heynckes's style. It had virtually no resemblance to anything that was Heynckes's style or unique to Heynckes.


Don't understand how people have this weird obsession with possession. Especially when the other team parks the bus. Are the players just supposed to play like Shaqiri and just kick the ball at goal when they have like 0 chance of getting it in? Like do people think that Pep doesn't want to score goals? He just parks the bus in the opponents half for shits and giggles?

I honestly get the impression from some people that they think that Pep just wants to pass the ball for no reason without scoring and that when the players score, it's them daring to "defy" Pep. Like "TAKE THAT PEP AND YOUR PASSING AND TIKI-TAKA BULL SHIT. THAT'LL SHOW HIM.". Or when we lose or draw "HEY LOL AT LEAST WE HAD XX% POSSESSION. PEP MUST BE SO HAPPY." Not like he averaged 3 goals a game in his last season at Barcelona? Or that when the team is up 5-0, he's still yelling at them to keep trying for more? Like you guys, this isn't Spain with Del Bosque or Jose Mourinho trying to win all games 1-0.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
can't agree more.
I mean we had 63% possession in the first half and 54% possession in the first half. We played much better in the first half. We can still counter-attack and have 72% possession like we did against Bremen. We can still score corners and free-kicks and headers and play direct.

Is it that some people have the impression that direct football and possession are inversely related? It's kind of weird.

When you’ve watched nearly two seasons of Pep at Bayern, heard how the people closest to him – i.e. the Bayern players and Bayern board – are totally persuaded of his tactics and ability, then the number of possible answers to your question becomes very few. Possibly there are only 2-3 remaining answers:
(1) These fans know better than Pep, the players, the board, etc.
(2) These fans are simply very poor analysts.
(3) These fans are trolls.

My money would be on No2.
rthebest
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1407
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
Location: Canada
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Fénix » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Bayern under Guardiola almost never played fast tempo and direct football. How many goals did we score last night after cross balls? What kind of goals? Ohhh yes, headers... They ran as hell, something what I haven't seen in the last 4 months. As far as I know, Guardiola likes "more thinking, less running", but in the first half I've seen completely opposite thing "total run and way to less thinking". I don't find anything similar to Guardiola's philosophy when our wings and full-backs were main protagonists and the ball was focused near corner line.

I'm probably blind as bat when I "saw" good old German Bayern in the first 45 minutes and nothing close to that crap we played in the last 10 games or against Real Madrid last year. #-o But who cares... The most important is that people can fap on 67% of possession.
God forbid if it happens less than 50% and we outplay every strong and serious team with 4-5 goals one day. :roll:
User avatar
Fénix
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10716
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Croatia
National Flag:
Croatia
Has thanked: 4612 times
Been thanked: 4347 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Fénix wrote:Bayern under Guardiola almost never played fast tempo and direct football. How many goals did we score last night after cross balls? What kind of goals? Ohhh yes, headers... They ran as hell, something what I haven't seen in the last 4 months. As far as I know, Guardiola likes "more thinking, less running", but in the first half I've seen completely opposite thing "total run and way to less thinking". I don't find anything similar to Guardiola's philosophy when our wings and full-backs were main protagonists and the ball was focused near corner line.

I'm probably blind as bat when I "saw" good old German Bayern in the first 45 minutes and nothing close to that crap we played in the last 10 games or against Real Madrid last year. #-o But who cares... The most important is that people can fap on 67% of possession.
God forbid if it happens less than 50% and we outplay every strong and serious team with 4-5 goals one day. :roll:

I disagree. The first half had a lot of aggressive pressing (typical of Pep; think last seasons Manchester City game) on defense and a lot of quick 1-touch passing on attack (again, typical of Pep). Not much running was done on attack; it was the ball doing the running. I also disagree that we haven't seen direct fast football with pep before; arguably the first half of the season was great precisely because Pep had already found that sweet spot combining aggression and technicality. Overall, the third goal vs Porto is basically Pep's philosophy made reality in perfection; perfect fast one-touch passing.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7713
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 3447 times
Been thanked: 3039 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests