You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:21 am

bastos80 wrote:Full of understanding for your homegrown player love but I don't see a spot for Badstuber in our strongest defence.

Either Alaba - Javi - Boateng or Boateng - Javi - Benatia

Badstuber would get destroyed against teams like Real I'm afraid.

Boateng is a much better distributor of the ball than Martinez is, so having him as the Center CB makes sense. Besides, Badstubers performances have been encouraging. Either way I would be happy anyways.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:22 am

Javi Martinez has still to prove he can be a reliable CB.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:37 am

bastos80 wrote:Full of understanding for your homegrown player love but I don't see a spot for Badstuber in our strongest defence.

His passing skills will give him a place in the Guardiola starting line-up.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:01 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Either Alaba - Javi - Boateng or Boateng - Javi - Benatia

Badstuber would get destroyed against teams like Real I'm afraid.

Boateng is a much better distributor of the ball than Martinez is, so having him as the Center CB makes sense. Besides, Badstubers performances have been encouraging. Either way I would be happy anyways.

What is your basis for this?

I'd say Martinez is far superior in ball distribution. Boateng is rarely put under sufficient pressure at CB when the ball is at his feet. Martinez on the other hand is under constant pressure when he plays being in midfield.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:24 am

Before his injury set in I rated him above Hummels for sure.

still do, by the way :oops:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby bastos80 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 am

Yeah, and I'm sure Martìnez superiour athletisism, speed and agility will make him a better wide CB than Boateng....[irony off]

He has proven that he can play this role brilliantly in the cup final and then he got injured. But whatever, I know this forum has the general belief that Martínez is a poor CB and it won't change I guess.

Also Dante has great passing abilities, yet he is disliked by most of the people on this forum. Wonder whats the reason for that....
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 am

Bayerncentral had 3 articles about which formation Bayern should use for CL. Everybody's favorite 4231. 4141. 343.

Personally, I prefer the formation with 3 at the back. In whatever iteration it is, our best games under Guardiola had come from using 3 at the back. Even the game against RM, the first leg with 3 at the back was better compared to the 2nd leg where we went conservative. The key is choosing who is going to play in which position and this is where the problem can lie for us: Too little choices when a lot of the players suffered injuries and too many choices when everyone is fit.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Deutche » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:24 pm

I agree with 4-1-4-1 from Bayern central i would be OK with 4-2-3-1 too. In the end 4 at the back in my opinion should be standard. Make sure that defense is solid and with the 4 we have at the back, Neuer, and a Martinez or Alonso up front it doesn't get any better than that. I really don't like like gambling with 3 at the back. In any case when healthy this would be my lineup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deutche
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:28 am

Regardless the formations, players role still the same. Some of the problem here is not the formation, its the players. We have low performance from Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lewandowski, Dante, Gotze and now Alonso. 5 of this 6 players almost play and they are not at their best.

Pep could change the formation, but their role still almost the same. The only one who completely change its role in the team are Alaba and Lahm, and they fulfill their functions.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Regardless the formations, players role still the same. Some of the problem here is not the formation, its the players. We have low performance from Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lewandowski, Dante, Gotze and now Alonso. 5 of this 6 players almost play and they are not at their best.

Pep could change the formation, but their role still almost the same. The only one who completely change its role in the team are Alaba and Lahm, and they fulfill their functions.

So why he just keep on insisting with out of form players? Rode, Pizza and Mueller (what he needs confidence and minutes) even Weiser can give us what we want... I hope that vs Hannover Pep rests some players so they will be more on fire next Wed... I'd say both Robbery must be rested at all costs... even
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:11 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:Regardless the formations, players role still the same. Some of the problem here is not the formation, its the players. We have low performance from Schweinsteiger, Muller, Lewandowski, Dante, Gotze and now Alonso. 5 of this 6 players almost play and they are not at their best.

So why he just keep on insisting with out of form players? Rode, Pizza and Mueller (what he needs confidence and minutes) even Weiser can give us what we want... I hope that vs Hannover Pep rests some players so they will be more on fire next Wed... I'd say both Robbery must be rested at all costs... even

It should depends on players. Pep should ask them what do they prefer, if play or not for being at their best against Shakhtar.

But I think that if they want to reach at their top, playing and having minutes are the best cure, thats why Pep use their best players against a braunschweig, seems that they need minutes and do not a week to rest.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:19 pm

it can work both ways... I remember under Jupp we rarely rested the 1st XI and me and my friends at the club used to question his decision not to make turn-overs but then after June 1st we understood everything. It is a good idea but risky especially with some players...
For example I wouldn't change the defence but att midfielders and strikers I would...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Deutche wrote:I agree with 4-1-4-1 from Bayern central i would be OK with 4-2-3-1 too. In the end 4 at the back in my opinion should be standard. Make sure that defense is solid and with the 4 we have at the back, Neuer, and a Martinez or Alonso up front it doesn't get any better than that. I really don't like like gambling with 3 at the back. In any case when healthy this would be my lineup.

I like it but I really want to see muscle and mind in midfield...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:59 pm

so now that Lahm is back what formation do u think we'll see? I think we'll see a 352

I'd even like to see this in the CL final
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Hmm...I really would like to see Thiago back in there. The team plays a lot better through the middle with him on.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion