You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ShawnJ13 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:46 pm

sherpthederp wrote:I would really love to see a diamond 3-4-3 with Benatia Boateng Badstuber in the rear
Lahm Schweini Müller and Alaba with Schweini building up Müller floating around and Robben Lewa and Ribs up front.
Martinez can rotate for the center CB spot and Thiago and Götze can rotate with Schweini and Müller

I quite like that idea. I also wouldn't mind a 4-2-3-1 with Javi partnered along Schweini and then Badstuber or Benatia at the back with Boa :D

ShawnJ13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:52 pm

While watching last few games I cant stop thinking about Schweini and that he is not made to be our playmaker. I think he is like the 4th best option behind Xabi, Lahm and Thiago. So when Thiago and Lahm come back...I really dont see how he could start for us.

for me ideal XI would be...if we are to play 3-4-3

..................Lewa...............
Ribery............................Robben
Alaba.....Thiago....Xabi........Lahm
...Badstuber...Martinez...Boateng...

Gotze and Muller are great and would probably rotate them alot with Ribery and Robben. Just like Schweini with Xabi...but wouldnt put him before any of those central midfielders. for that LCB position...i would give it to anyone who proves his worth...maybe Benatia and Dante could do that.
Martinez has shown that he is a monster as a central defender in that 3 man back line. He was just perfect before the injury.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:29 pm

I quite like that idea. I also wouldn't mind a 4-2-3-1 with Javi partnered along Schweini and then Badstuber or Benatia at the back with Boa :D

Image[/quote]
I play FIFA with this exact formation lol, occasionally rotating Martinez and Thiago
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:31 pm

4-2-3-1....Alaba and Lahm as fullbacks. Seems that many fans still keeping Heynckes mentality. =D>

Me too. :wink:
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby bastos80 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:48 pm

sherpthederp wrote:I quite like that idea. I also wouldn't mind a 4-2-3-1 with Javi partnered along Schweini and then Badstuber or Benatia at the back with Boa :D

I play FIFA with this exact formation lol, occasionally rotating Martinez and Thiago[/quote]

Not going to happen :lol:
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:36 pm

I've come to realize that as much as I want a back 4 with Alaba and Lahm as fullbacks again its not gonna happen, so I think at this point a back 3 suits us better.
Whenever a back 4 is played now it becomes a back 2 really quickly and we become susceptible to counters on the wings pulling our CBs out of place.

A 3-4-Whatever suits our defense better as we have a decent amount of quality CBs and 2 left and right fullbacks playing as mids that can lean towards playing as wingbacks and tracking back when needed.
Basically I'm just feeling that using Alaba and Lahm centrally in midfield will be a huge waste when the team is 100% since the midfield talent pool is already stacked and we could use the help on the wings.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:51 pm

sherpthederp wrote:I've come to realize that as much as I want a back 4 with Alaba and Lahm as fullbacks again its not gonna happen, so I think at this point a back 3 suits us better.
Whenever a back 4 is played now it becomes a back 2 really quickly and we become susceptible to counters on the wings pulling our CBs out of place.

A 3-4-Whatever suits our defense better as we have a decent amount of quality CBs and 2 left and right fullbacks playing as mids that can lean towards playing as wingbacks and tracking back when needed.
Basically I'm just feeling that using Alaba and Lahm centrally in midfield will be a huge waste when the team is 100% since the midfield talent pool is already stacked and we could use the help on the wings.

You make a good point about playing a back four but in my opinion you already unanswered your own question even though you would like playing Alaba and Lahm on the wings. We all should remember all two well how vulnerable our CBs were last season in a back 4, also a lot of a midfield talent is getting old so shifting Alaba and Lahm there does help compensate for that as well.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby bastos80 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:38 pm

bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:00 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Was gonna post a similar formation except

I see alot of potential overlapping, Schweinsteiger can play the single pivot and if that doesnt work Alaba can shift up and help.
Probably my top xi too.If we need more of an offensive approach, take out Götze for Müller and change to a 343 diamond. Ribery tired? Bring on Bernat. Basti tired? Bring on Javi.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
You make a good point about playing a back four but in my opinion you already unanswered your own question even though you would like playing Alaba and Lahm on the wings. We all should remember all two well how vulnerable our CBs were last season in a back 4, also a lot of a midfield talent is getting old so shifting Alaba and Lahm there does help compensate for that as well.

Pep bench Javi Martinez for Kroos, exposing our CBs in the counter and defensive tasks.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Personally I disagree with those of you wanting Lahm and Alaba back as fullbacks in a 4-2-3-1. I think they offer too much in midfield to be moved back but with everyone fit I would like to see them occupying the wings in a 3-4-3. This just looks too good to believe it will soon be possible:

The other two midfield positions will be similar to what we'd do with the 2 midfielders in a 4-2-3-1, so one goes to Schweinsteiger/Alosno (it's great that we have such luxury since they're both fantastic on their own) and the other goes to Thiago/Martinez, depending on whether we need to defend or attack. The final 3 positions, in my opinion, should belong to Lewandowski, Muller, and Robben, with Ribery and Gotze acting as our super subs. We'll also have two good backups for Lahm and Alaba in Rafinha and Bernat.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:58 pm

I'd rather have three centerbacks at the back... Be it Badstu-Boa-Bena or Badstu-Javi-Boa... Three proper CBs would probably solidify or defense
PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I'd rather have three centerbacks at the back... Be it Badstu-Boa-Bena or Badstu-Javi-Boa... Three proper CBs would probably solidify or defense

Besides we wouldn't be winning much by playing with at the back as that CB would likely be replaced by Gotze.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:27 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Personally I disagree with those of you wanting Lahm and Alaba back as fullbacks in a 4-2-3-1. I think they offer too much in midfield to be moved back but with everyone fit I would like to see them occupying the wings in a 3-4-3. This just looks too good to believe it will soon be possible:

This Is exactly what I want to see, strongest defense in Europe right there, only thing I would do is put Javi center and move Boateng to the right with Benatia subbing.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:58 pm

Full of understanding for your homegrown player love but I don't see a spot for Badstuber in our strongest defence.

Either Alaba - Javi - Boateng or Boateng - Javi - Benatia

Badstuber would get destroyed against teams like Real I'm afraid.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion