You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby runaway » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:19 pm

I've seen shorter players score headers from corners. Marseille is the best example I've seen recently. Thauvin is a midget yet has scored a handful of headers now. It's the delivery and positioning I reckon.

I've mentioned it in the French thread before. That's one difference between Pep's and Bielsa's teams I observed. One can't convert free kicks and corners often, the other can.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

runaway wrote:t's the delivery and positioning I reckon.

This.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Wow, I thought Lewandowski was taller :shock:
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sws » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Wow, I thought Lewandowski was taller :shock:

Pretty sure he's 6 feet.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:25 am

sws wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Wow, I thought Lewandowski was taller :shock:

Pretty sure he's 6 feet.

He is, exactly 6 feet. He is tall, but not very tall. Very tall would be Daniel Mueller, our reserves' goalkeeper who is 21cm (8.3 inches) taller than Lewandowski :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:07 pm

So considering all the young talent we have , what do you think our starting lineup will look like in the future(5 to 10 years)? I'm thinking:

I know I'm missing Thiago, I just don't see him sticking to Bayern in the long run.

Spoiler: show
Neuer is immortal

sorry if this isn't the right thread since its 14/15. Mods move me where you'd like ;)
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 pm

AllensRoten wrote:So considering all the young talent we have , what do you think our starting lineup will look like in the future(5 to 10 years)? I'm thinking:

I know I'm missing Thiago, I just don't see him sticking to Bayern in the long run.

Neuer is immortal

sorry if this isn't the right thread since its 14/15. Mods move me where you'd like ;)

WOW =D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 pm

AllensRoten wrote:So considering all the young talent we have , what do you think our starting lineup will look like in the future(5 to 10 years)? I'm thinking:

Neuer is immortal

It'll probably look waaaay different.

For one thing, you're missing Reus.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:57 pm

What others expect Bayern to look like:

JANCKER

Postby sherpthederp » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:30 pm

JANCKER wrote:What others expect Bayern to look like:

I would mind Neuer playing a pivot role, its not too far from what he's doing now!
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I think what makes special Neuer is the element of surprise, apart from his skills... nobody is knows how to deal with an 'insane' goalie, he gives them little time to figure it out. Take that element of surprise out and I don't think he'd be that special as an outfield player. I'm not taking anything away from Neuer, because he knows like no one else to cope with it... that's just one of his secrets. He's unpredictable like a goalie... in midfield he'd be more predictable and a mortal.
JANCKER

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:12 pm

JANCKER wrote:I think what makes special Neuer is the element of surprise, apart from his skills... nobody is knows how to deal with an 'insane' goalie, he gives them little time to figure it out. Take that element of surprise out and I don't think he'd be that special as an outfield player. I'm not taking anything away from Neuer, because he knows like no one else to cope with it... that's just one of his secrets. He's unpredictable like a goalie... in midfield he'd be more predictable and a mortal.

I disagree. He allows Bayern high line of defense to work by protecting the empty space between his area and the center of the field.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:52 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
JANCKER wrote:I think what makes special Neuer is the element of surprise, apart from his skills... nobody is knows how to deal with an 'insane' goalie, he gives them little time to figure it out. Take that element of surprise out and I don't think he'd be that special as an outfield player. I'm not taking anything away from Neuer, because he knows like no one else to cope with it... that's just one of his secrets. He's unpredictable like a goalie... in midfield he'd be more predictable and a mortal.

I disagree. He allows Bayern high line of defense to work by protecting the empty space between his area and the center of the field.

Did I say he doesn't?
A nightmare for strikers, just when they think that they escaped the offside trap there comes a 'crazy' goalie that takes the ball in front of their eyes. Are they used to face something like that? Is there element of surprise? I bet that is really frustrating for strikers...
I always played as a GK(no, I'm not fat), and when I used to go for the ball outside my box, sometimes my opponent wouldn't even notice me coming, he would turn and say to me 'you really scared me'. I was more successful when doing that than when I waited... All the credits go to the GK anyway for everything.
I think it's always better to disturb somehow opponent's composure than to wait in the goal line, in other words it's better than to wait for the striker's best shot.
JANCKER

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:15 pm

I don't entirely agree. When it comes to winning the ball, you're right, but Neuer has occasionally shown good skills when he's already won the ball, and he'd be able to show that more as an outfield player.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I guess for some reason we'll never see Neuer play as an outfield player more than he is already playing...
JANCKER

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion