You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:37 am

I think that all that is said before a match about formation is useless at the moment.
We attack as a team and defend as a team, so its only about who will play and be marking whom!
They should just write future lineups in sentence form.
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 am

They should just mention that the outfield player allowed to go back to the technical area and handle the ball is Manuel Neuer ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah, we changed into three of four different shapes last night. 343, 523, 433 were just some of the formations we used. Alaba, specifically, played in at least three different positions (CB, CM, CAM, sometimes LB) :pep:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:33 am

To continue the discussion that's going on in the Champions League thread over here, I hope Rode and Hojbjerg get their chance. When our manager is forced to choose between making the wings or central midfield strong, Pep chooses central midfield. Alaba and Lahm are proven in big games, and they are capable in midfield, so in a sense I understand the decision. Not that Bernat and Rafinha are poor. On the contrary, they did the job against Manchester City and it's important that we have good options at fullback.

Still, I hope Guardiola uses these upcoming Buli games to blood our Rode and Hojbjerg so that it's no longer a choice about which part of the field to strengthen. At least until Thiago and Schweini come back.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MatZam » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

We have a comparatively easy set of matches in the next month up until the Roma match. I would like it if Pep used this time in order to experiment and find the best possible combination of players (I know we have long term injuries, but that can't really be helped). Playing Rode, Hojbjerg and/or Gaudino today would be a great way to start.

Once the team has got a clear game plan and there is a clear hierarchy for the positions, just stick to it. Roma (x2), Gladbach and Dortmund are no places to stay fannying around with team selection and formation. It was our biggest weakness last season IMO, the constant shifting of roles and formations, even Ribery complained about it. Some were forced by injury true, but there was no clear set formation with like-for-like replacements in the case of an injury. Especially with 4/5 new signings that look like they are going to be practically first-teamers until December, they need time to gel in. Not everyone is an Alonso.

With current injuries a 3-4-3 would be out of the question (unless we play other players such as Alaba as centrebacks), so perhaps a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 would be best until the winter break and we will (hopefully) have Badstuber back and Martinez soon fit. During the winter break Pep has a month to experiment further and re-introduce injured players and new formation ideas.

I am not saying that we should stick to a certain gameplan no matter the opponent, for example using Martinez in a certain role during last year's away game to Dortmund worked wonders. But such tactics should always be based on having a solid tried and tested formation to use of things go pear-shaped, with players easily able to understand their roles. IMO we didn't have that last season, hence our players looking completely lost at certain times during the latter part of the season. Basically, we should aim for the fancier stuff only when we've got the basics perfect.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 pm

^That's the thing with Guardiola, he believes in all this flexibility talk, but all it's doing is creating a system where most people don't know what exactly they are supposed to do. Lahm was a prime example yesterday, sometimes he was almost playing in line with the centerbacks and some other times he's pressing the oppositon centerbacks.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 pm

endrity wrote:^That's the thing with Guardiola, he believes in all this flexibility talk, but all it's doing is creating a system where most people don't know what exactly they are supposed to do. Lahm was a prime example yesterday, sometimes he was almost playing in line with the centerbacks and some other times he's pressing the oppositon centerbacks.

He won with Barca because he had great players and little to do. If our players are that great as we claim then I don't see why is Guardiola being that important here. Case closed!
I know you never said that or maybe you did, but stop this, you don't want to be in other fans shoes, others would be willing to sell their soul to the devil just to be for a year in the same position we are.
That incompetent Pep you're describing was target to all the biggest clubs in the world, that meant we're not anymore a team or a league that can't attract the best that is out there.
English media doesn't like Pep, because he chose Bundesliga over BPL, that's something hard to swallow. "You dirty Schwein".
I didn't see an unhappy Lahm, he had always something to say about coaches when unhappy, but seems he doesn't have anything against Pep methods. I didn't see yet an unhappy reaction from Lahm under Pep, according to all Pep's been doing to him, we should've seen some negative reactions from Lahm.
JANCKER

Postby SchwanMunich » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 am

In my opinion we have too many players playing out of position and these constant formation tinkerings aren't helping. I think it's tough on Pep because he had no real preseason to train his systems and ideas. I don't agree with a lot of what he is doing but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he knows something I don't.

Btw, Peps Barcelona style of play was way ahead of other teams for the time. At that time he was a tactical genius. I think we are all waiting for this to happen again here but it hasn't yet.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:00 am

endrity wrote:^That's the thing with Guardiola, he believes in all this flexibility talk, but all it's doing is creating a system where most people don't know what exactly they are supposed to do. Lahm was a prime example yesterday, sometimes he was almost playing in line with the centerbacks and some other times he's pressing the oppositon centerbacks.

You know, thats what holding midfielders usually do.

Schweini is the best example.

But I agree that some players don't seem to understand it YET.
Happy with our start to the season, could've been much worse with basically no pre-season and that many injuries.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:10 am

If everyone was 100% fit and in form and an important match is coming up, who would you play?

My formation, sticking to the 3-man defence:

But this leaves out Martinez, Alonso, Thiago and Goetze, amongst others.

In fact we can make a second XI out of the players I left out:

And even then there's still Starke, Weiser, Højbjerg, Gaudino, Kurt and Weihrauch left.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:42 am

if everyone is fit I'd go for a 4-3-3

subs

and Starke, Gaudino, Dante, Kurt, Scholl, Weirauch,Weisser,
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:38 pm

MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bastos80 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:10 pm

If everyone was fit ?
Hard to say which players are in good form when the big games come. I wouldn't really mind if Götze, Müller or Ribery played.

Anyways, based on talent I'd say :

Or something like that. Bus as I said, hard to say and if we'll ever have 0 injured players I'll eat a broomstick.
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Burko » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:20 pm

I think Pep will pick Dante instead Medhi.
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby bastos80 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 pm

No reason why he should.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion