You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

AllensRoten wrote:(obviously Rode will play in the midfield)

I'd much rather have him than Alaba as a CB tbh, at least until either proves otherwise.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:10 am

Don't forget Benatia people...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 am

nm462272 wrote:Don't forget Benatia people...

He was not supposed to be ready yet, but I guess he will have to... But even in that case, Dante was supposed not to be relied on this season... Now we'll have to hope he can shake off his poor form... or go back to a 4-man defense. Now that Badstu is out that's what I'd like to see.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby krkla » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:or go back to a 4-man defense. Now that Badstu is out that's what I'd like to see.

Anything else seems unlikely at this point. We simply haven't got the depth at the current time, due to injuries, to do much else.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby nm462272 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:37 am

krkla wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:or go back to a 4-man defense. Now that Badstu is out that's what I'd like to see.

Anything else seems unlikely at this point. We simply haven't got the depth at the current time, due to injuries, to do much else.

Agreed... playing a three-man with Boateng, Benatia, and Dante will be risky, especially if another one goes down injured. I think there's no other choice than to go back to the four-man defense.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AllensRoten » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:43 am

Imagine we start playing a 4231 with gotze as cam, and suddenly he awakens as the super german talent we expected and he starts being all dortmund gotze again.... aaaaand I just woke up from my dream. Either way, he'd need to lose some weight
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 am

A three-man defense with Alonso in the middle. Mark this post.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Abc456 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 pm

I think we should call Kirchoff back from loan he can be very useful in the league and the DFB-Pokal.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Yeah, to add another injured player to the squad.. He was subbed out against Bayern due to injury..
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 pm

quaazi wrote:A three-man defense with Alonso in the middle. Mark this post.

I'd say this but with Rode as Javi-like sweeper instead, especially because Alonso seems to be favoured above him in midfield.

A 3-man defence with Boateng, Benatia, Dante also seems realistic, and it's a good idea if Dante regains his form.

I'm a bit torn on the issue mostly because Badstuber will probably be back by the time the most important games of the season will be played. I'd love to see the 5B (Badass Badstuber Benatia Boateng Backline :P ) eventually but in order for us to do so we need our other players to settle in a 3-man defence. For this reason I welcome the idea to try this out:

vs City we will most likely see a back 4 though. Not the time to experiment.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm

The way Bayern play, Xabi will probably tend to be the deepest midfielder. Being deeper will let him read the game and direct our play, and on defense he won't have to chase so much. Other than Lahm and Basti, I think he has the best understanding of how to play the game and commit a defensive foul.

We will see if Rode continues to get good game time. Maybe he won't, but I think he has great potential and I don't think Bayern were patient enough to get him here just to stop Eintracht Frankfurt from challenging us in the league :). He's young though, so I think unlike Xabi he will be better upfront where he can press. Rode said himself his strength was the transition game and he can contribute offensively. Xabi from deep can play long penetrating passes forward, but I can't see him making that assist for Lewa like Rode did. Maybe when Rode has learned more or established himself more he can take Xabi's role.

I agree that without Badstuber, 3-4-3 is much riskier against Manchester City. I think Dante could handle it, even if he's maybe not his 2013 dependable rock self. But no Badstuber, Benatia being new... Then again it is Guardiola :D

:pep:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:42 am

Pep moving Alaba from left center back to Lahm's partner in attacking midfield at the 30 minute mark was a masterstroke. Absorbed City's early pressure with some compact defense, then completely changed the formation and injected creativity in the attack. Completely baffled Pellegrini's number 2.

It's an outstanding resource that we can completely change shape like that in the middle of the game. No other person other than Alaba can play centerback and then move to be so commanding in attacking midfield.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:18 am

Can someone tell me what shape Bayern played. It looked more like a 343 than the 433 that was shown by the tv networks in my opinion.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby pyrasur » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:02 am

First thirty minutes we had a backline of Benatia - Boateng - Alaba with Alonso and Lahm in center midfield. Afterwards Benatia and Boateng were the centerbacks, Alonso was the pivote, and Alaba and Lahm played just in front of him. At least from what I could tell.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:09 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Can someone tell me what shape Bayern played. It looked more like a 343 than the 433 that was shown by the tv networks in my opinion.

Trying to pin a shape to today's team seems futile. Alaba was at times a part of the back-three, at times a second wingback and at times an attacking midfielder. Alonso was at times a midfielder and at times a part of the 3-men defense. Lewy seemed more a playmaker than a striker. Lahm also drifted to the right a lot and played with Rafinha.

I guess Pep is going for Total Football with this.

I'd like to see something like:

-------------Lewy---------
--Ribbery--------Robben
-----------Thiago--------
Alaba----Schweini--Lahm
---Boa-----Alonso----Benatia
------------Neuer-------------

(Either as a 3-4-3, a 3-3-3-1 or a 4-3-3, depending on the interpretation, but I think positions are making less sense as a means to describe Guardiola's second-term Bayern)
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion