You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby kod2600 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:20 pm

I just don't feel comfortable with a formation that starts with the number "3"
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby The Bavarian Oak » Wed May 21, 2014 12:36 am

ramsej84 wrote:We might use that 3 men defense only vs teams like BVB fast dangerous attacking teams ; otherwise we'll play a 4-3-3 or the 4-1-4-1

What makes you think that?

The 3-4-3 also has advantages against defensive teams which firefox and I discussed.
Jupp Heynckes, Legend
The Bavarian Oak
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 28, 2014 3:07 am

Do you think it's likely Guardiola will continue experimenting with unconventional players for the number 9 spot? Lewa is clearly first choice for the role, but beyond that I think players like Götze, Müller, and Robben are going to have to make more of a difference as our alternative choices for the spot if Guardiola wants to change up the tactical scenario from the start of the game. With Mandzukic likely leaving and Pizza's extension, it seems that Bayern is doubling down on their bet last season that an unconventional player can positively change the dynamic of the team in case our first-choice conventional striker isn't the right fit for the start (or god forbid gets injured). Otherwise I really have no idea how we fit so many attackers in.

Still super glad Pizza's around for one more season! Hopefully a guy like him will make a difference at Bayern long after his playing career is done. If only he had come back home sooner!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 am

Yeah that seems to be the plan...
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm still not really confident in Götze and Müller as a false 9. Robben seems a lot more dangerous there than those 2. I'm just praying Lewandowski doesn't pick a long term injury. He could be the key.
I see Götze the strongest behind the stringer and Müller the strongest on the wing.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby The Bavarian Oak » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 am

bastos80 wrote:I'm still not really confident in Götze and Müller as a false 9. Robben seems a lot more dangerous there than those 2. I'm just praying Lewandowski doesn't pick a long term injury. He could be the key.
I see Götze the strongest behind the stringer and Müller the strongest on the wing.

There is no more "wing" if the 3-4-3 is to be implemented. Don't think 4-2-3-1 static positions. 3-4-3 attackers are more fluid, dynamic, always changing positions.

Two withdrawn attackers and a centrally positioned attacker, who can all switch positions with each other.
Jupp Heynckes, Legend
The Bavarian Oak
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Kevinx67 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:43 am

The Bavarian Oak wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I'm still not really confident in Götze and Müller as a false 9. Robben seems a lot more dangerous there than those 2. I'm just praying Lewandowski doesn't pick a long term injury. He could be the key.

There is no more "wing" if the 3-4-3 is to be implemented. Don't think 4-2-3-1 static positions. 3-4-3 attackers are more fluid, dynamic, always changing positions.

Two withdrawn attackers and a centrally positioned attacker, who can all switch positions with each other.

Are you saying you want Bayern to play the Barca way. Their kit for next year already looks like Barca's. To me If Bayern are to go foward Pep needs to go. His tactics are old and played out. Everyone know how to defeat it. Madrid seemed to ram his style right down his throat. Bayern need to play 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 or alteast 4-4-2. Just hope 3-4-3 isn't it. 3 in the back is just too weak.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:30 am

Kevinx67 wrote:
The Bavarian Oak wrote:

Are you saying you want Bayern to play the Barca way. Their kit for next year already looks like Barca's. To me If Bayern are to go foward Pep needs to go. His tactics are old and played out. Everyone know how to defeat it. Madrid seemed to ram his style right down his throat. Bayern need to play 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 or alteast 4-4-2. Just hope 3-4-3 isn't it. 3 in the back is just too weak.

3-4-3 is more defensive formation than a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1. The fullbacks in any of the latter formations (as applied by modern teams), tend to spend a lot of time in the adversaries' side, thus a 4-2-3-1 can easily look more like 2-2-5-1 when defending a counter-attack. 3-4-3, instead always keeps 3 players in the back, plus adds strength to the midfield, resulting in (theoretical) better defense against counter-attacks, etc. Plus, the side-midfielders can still aid in defense.

I think 3-4-3 could be the way to go. It will not only strengthen our capacity to defend counters, it will also allow Lahm and Alaba to play in the midfield, which both patently fancy. Plus, it kinda allows us to use Hojbejrg, Kroos, Schweinsteiger as backups to our fullbacks, the way Hojbjerg filled in for Lahm vs Dortmund (thus not requiring for us to adquire any Contento replacement or Rafinha upgrade).
PunkCapitalist

Postby Badger » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:3-4-3 is more defensive formation than a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-4-1. The fullbacks in any of the latter formations (as applied by modern teams), tend to spend a lot of time in the adversaries' side, thus a 4-2-3-1 can easily look more like 2-2-5-1 when defending a counter-attack. 3-4-3, instead always keeps 3 players in the back, plus adds strength to the midfield, resulting in (theoretical) better defense against counter-attacks, etc. Plus, the side-midfielders can still aid in defense.

I think 3-4-3 could be the way to go. It will not only strengthen our capacity to defend counters, it will also allow Lahm and Alaba to play in the midfield, which both patently fancy. Plus, it kinda allows us to use Hojbejrg, Kroos, Schweinsteiger as backups to our fullbacks, the way Hojbjerg filled in for Lahm vs Dortmund (thus not requiring for us to adquire any Contento replacement or Rafinha upgrade).

I'm delighted to see someone speak up for 3-4-3 and give a few good supporting reasons for adopting it. I am in favour of Bayern's trying it too. I think it likely that Guardiola will experiment with it in August, and I anticipate that we'll be chatting about it here many times in the new season...
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:30 pm

According to Kicker, Pep Guardiola has opted for a line of 3 CBs next season, but with the good performance of J.Martinez in the DFB pokal final, nothing has been decided yet on the recruiting of a new CB. Bayern will wait for the end of the world cup to take a decision.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:30 pm

I am all for a 3-4-3, but I think Martinez's performance is being way overblown. He did play very well, and it could very well be that he fits a 3-4-3 well, but the fact is that he has mostly been terrible at CB, even if he was playing in a two man defence. I don't see how the world cup can change anything. He probably won't play in defence, and if he does it won't be a 3-man defence.

Not going for a CB this summer would be a big mistake. Perhaps we should even go for two (one for quality and one very young/very old for depth) if we plan on using 3 CBs.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 pm

T-Online, admittedly not a very reliable source of information, has claimed today that Guardiola now regards Martinez as the new axis/anchor (literally: “fixed point”) in the Bayern team.

“Für Guardiola ist Martinez der neue Fixpunkt”
http://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/id_69732806/pep-guardiola-sieht-in-javi-martinez-fixpunkt-beim-fc-bayern.html
I think that a calculated guess might come to this conclusion. Guardiola considered 3-4-3 in January and had to abandon it after the Salzburg defeat. But the idea was there.

4-1-4-1 doesn’t seem to work with the Bayern players (which is not the same as saying that it doesn’t work at all). And a return to 4-2-3-1 produced most of the season’s worst results. So what’s next?

3-4-3 looked solid defensively against Dortmund in the German cup final, even without the wing backs tracking back; it would be even more solid if they did track back too. Every duo of Bayern central defenders looked vulnerable many times this season, when exposed. As a trio, in the cup final – which was a very good test against a top counterattacking team – the same players looked very different. There seemed to be a safety-in-numbers effect. That is not to say the performance was perfect, but it did give fresh hope in those players and in a solution being found. And if it utilises Martinez effectively, that’s a huge bonus – almost as good as a new signing of a top central defender. There will be a lot of work to do, and I’d expect to see Bayern’s summer training camp devoted to it. I have great hopes that, if Bayern can start scoring against big European teams again, 3-4-3 will complete the tactics Bayern need to challenge again for European dominance.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:54 pm

I think if we're going to go with the 3-4-3, signing a new CD is a most. As of today, next season we will have Dante, Badstuber, Boa and Martinez as CDs, four guys for three positions, out of which one hasn't played for more than a year...
PunkCapitalist

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:54 pm

I think Schweinsteiger can easily be considered as the secondary 'fixed-point' or anchor in a 3-4-3 assuming we have injury problems. But still it would be silly to not sign a CB, we need to get one if we are playing 3-4-3 or our depth would be lackluster.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:06 pm

If someone is surfing around internet about Bayern tactics and all these issues or gives a glance at bayernforum.com he will get the idea that Bayern will play 3-4-3 formation or any 3-man defense formation next year,I've expressed already my favor for this system but is actually in Pep's mind(?) or we're speculating? Badger provide some infos,DFB-final is there,some (failed)expirements at friendlies were shown with 3-man defense but really,how much do you think that this formation is realistic?
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion