You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Bernat has been utilized a lot this preseason. I think Alaba might continue more in central midfield. Not that I want to compare him to Rafinha, but Bernat seems the type of guy I wouldn't expect to be first-choice who will end up being first-choice more often than not. When everyone is fit though I would expect Alaba to be the wingback. (Watch as I turn out to be completely wrong :D)

With your system the players are more or less in their 'proper' positions though. Perhaps Guardiola will give the players practice in their place in his system.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby bastos80 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 pm

I actually think Rafinha is just as good as Bernat, if not even better actually...
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 pm

bastos80 wrote:I actually think Rafinha is just as good as Bernat, if not even better actually...

How so?
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:41 pm

AllensRoten wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I actually think Rafinha is just as good as Bernat, if not even better actually...

How so?

Because....It is like that ?

Bernat is just a glorified Rafinha on the left. Rafinha is way underrated. I'd be as surprised of Bernat in the starting line-up as Rafinha in the starting line-up.
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AllensRoten » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 pm

bastos80 wrote:
AllensRoten wrote:

How so?

Because....It is like that ?

Bernat is just a glorified Rafinha on the left. Rafinha is way underrated. I'd be as surprised of Bernat in the starting line-up as Rafinha in the starting line-up.

Rather, what brought you to that conclusion? As far as I'm concerned Rafinha doesn't dribble past players nor he is a fast runner. So what about Rafinha makes you think he's better than Bernat?
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm

I think they are more or less on the same level. But Rafinha is the finished product while Bernat is still 21 y.o and has room for improvement.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 am

What YlonenXabi says.. Rafinha has proven himself in cold water, Bernat still has to do that.
Ottomeister13

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:49 am

Can somebody please, with video evidence or something like it, show me what exactly Rafinha has proven? Or if someone can explain to me what he offers to Bayern. I really just don't get it how some believe he's better than Bernat? Like what specifically makes him better?
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:27 am

Rafinha has proven useful offensively. He was one of our leading assist-makers last season. Defensively, not as solid as Lahm. But that's what you get for a decent rotation-player. Rafinha isn't our best player, but he comes in for way more flak then he deserves simply by unfair reputation.

It's still too early in the season to see where Bernat stands, or even to need to make definitive judgment. Let the English pass irrevocable judgment on their players.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby dambun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I think they are more or less on the same level. But Rafinha is the finished product while Bernat is still 21 y.o and has room for improvement.

Yeah... In other words, Bernat at 21 is as good as Rafinha at his best... So we can be really hopeful about his future... :D

Seriously, though... I have only been able to see Bernat play for Bayern against Wolfsburg, and his acceleration/speed has really caught my eye.... and he seem to have a great left foot for crosses... I have high hopes for his future...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby bastos80 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:28 am

Rafinha has played a great season, but most people don't want to accept that because they want Lahm at RB.
Bernats crossing is average, Rafinha's crossing is actually really good and he doesn't get overrun all the time. He's also a better defender than Bernat.

Maybe we will stop calling an unproven player better just because the other player is Rafinha.
I just don't understand how bad some people rate Rafinha, while a player that has played ONE decent game is already better.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 am

Bastos, you nailed it..
Ottomeister13

Postby Tedesco » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 am

Now if he could only control his temperament.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby idrisozet » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:36 am

I think Rafinha for is a better player than Bernat he has played in important matches an did a little bt better than your avarage, I think it doesn't really make any sense trying to put Rafinha down by stating Bernat at 21 is already as good as Rafinha, we must not forget that some years back when Rafinha was still playing for schalke 04 when he was a lot younger he was consider the best fullback in Bundesliga only 2nd to Lahm.

Anyway, we should be happy that we've two good backup fullback in Rafinha and Bernat, we have never had a squad as complete as this current Bayern side, however I'm still of the opinion the Bayern squad of 2012-13 is still thhe most powerful side we've had in ages, the only difference is that this current 2nd team consisting of Reina, Bernat, Dante\Badstuber, Rode, Xabi, Thiago, Gotze is a lot stronger than our 2012-13 2n team, however this current first team and tactic is not as strong as what we had back then.
..............Neuer
Lahm.Benatia.Boateng.Alaba
......Martinez.Schweini
.....Robben.Muller.Ribery
.........Lewandwosski

..............Reina
Rafinha.Dante.Badstuber.Bernat
.........Alonso..Rode
Shaqiri......Thiago.....Gotze
..............Pizarro
idrisozet
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby The Black Cleaver » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Bernat is awesome player. His last match in BL was incredible, he has something special. =D> I believe he will play a lot and also Pep trust him. :wink:
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion