You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby runaway » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Bernat was able to track back better in the MLS game. The problem are his crosses, they have been in great positions in the box but doesn't meet anyone. Lewa tends to drift too much out of his position and no one takes the center when he leaves it. Maybe if Mueller is there his crosses will be more effective.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby runaway » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:10 pm

With Rafinha's and Thiago's long-term injuries, Lahm will still most likely be deployed in the center and either Rode and Hojbjerg to rotate in RB. A not crazy manager would just put Lahm in midfield and let Hojbjerg and Rode rotate with Schweinstiger but Pep doesn't know Vernünftigkeit. Chances of Gaudino to debut though just got higher.
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Verres » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

bastos80 wrote:Imagine this team.

*heavy breathing*

Yes, but with wich coach? I really doubt Pep will place Lahm on the right back position and Martinez in midfield. It happened last year, but very seldom indeed, almost as a last resort when other plans didnt work. Except Benatia (lets put in Badstuber instead) we have all of the above players but I just dont see it happening. The coach has his own perception which I dont think is suited to the most of the team he inherited. Like last year the team was full of world stars but we ended playing with Rafinha most of the big matches because of that. And I dont consider him world class player. I agree with Punk Capitalist who already mentioned that this is not a proper use of resources or a waste of talent, if you like, with the domino effect that comes with it. This year, with Lahm in midfield, it means Rafinha will be playing a lot on the fullback position again. Other candidates are also Hojbjerg and Rode, and I wouldnt mind if they get advantage in the pecking order before Rafinha (just because I think they have more potential, although they are mf by trade). Its curious to me that Rode hasnt been used as a fb yet (but I havent watched all the games, so please correct me if I am wrong), so it will be interesting to see what coach plans with him beacause I was impressed with him.

Last year the coach first choice for midfield trio was Lahm, Kroos and Thiago. I believe this are his kind of players he preffers there as opposed to Martinez and Schweinsteiger who are too direct in their work as midfielders. He likes fast distributors not box to box who like to muscle out with the opponents. Kroos is now gone and it will be interesting to see who takes his place. Maybe first choice midfield will be Lahm, Thiago and Gotze. I think Rode stands a good chance too, eventhough he was brought in the team as a full back as KHR himself said.
Alaba is currently used as a left center back which I think is a waste of his movement with the ball as a left fullback. However I have a feeling that this is more than a temporary solution and we might see Bernat playing a lot on the left wing back this season, although he did not impress me and is not up to Alabas standards in my opinion.
Schweinsteiger to me doesnt look indispensable in the midfield with this coach although he should be as he still is world class player. But I hope he will be first choice player ahead of Thiago and Lahm in midfield. The coach did adapt his game a little after the bigest loss on Alianz Arena in cl. He already changed his game in the dfb cup to a more direct one and with Kroos gone, I hope the passing the opponent to the very death is now gone and we show some muscles in the midfield, not just soft touch hipster football which I am still not that thrilled with it yet.

On a side note: some of you really act like a six weeks old puppy who just lost his mom when someone decides to criticise the coach. Some people dont like his style of gameplay and tactics, not a big deal, just deal with it. Use the power of argument and not the argument of power (like calling people retards) to prove your point. Good argumentation is why I like this forum a lot.
And its not like Pep is infallible, he himself said after dfb win that tactics against Real were wrong. And I really dont know how you can argue with him :lol:
This year he again has a really strong team, no weak links dare I say, well except on the right back position :wink: , with a new striker that suits his gameplay a lot better I think than Mandžukić did, all in all a better striker, a lot better in my opinion. But he lost Kroos which I think was his type of midfielder that thrives in his system. Last year In my opinion, we had the team with the most quality players, this year Real looks really strong, just as Bayern did last year. It might even happen that this year Real first 11 might look stronger, but just because the coach wont use all the players you mentioned above. And I must emphasise that that is my point of view, namely that other than Lahm we dont have consistent world class righ back. And again, I might really soon be proven wrong if Rode and Hojbjerg step up. Hojbjerg already in my opinion had world class performance there in dfb cup final against a strong oponent.
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 am

Hey Verres,

I really have no problem when someone has the opinion that Pep's tactics aren't always the right ones in our eyes ( i even agree on that one ;) ) but if you win 4 cups in a single season, in a country and a languague that are completely new for you, same goes for the team and players and people say Pep should get axed and stuff, they clearly have no idea what soccer is all about. Then you should go on and support 1860 Munich, they will probably listen if you want the coach axed.

Anyway, with Heynckes it took also a year before we played the stars from heaven so to say. First season with him we lost everything.. Second season with him we were unbeatable and were even placed a top Barca with the playstyle etc. Those people that want Pep gone, should wait for this season, then you can make a proper judgement, but not after one season. It takes time to implement a new system and that is what people seem to forget.

And i want to add one thing, if the last season with Guardiola was so unbearing, why are you even still a Bayern fan at all? I remember Bayern playstyle's under Klinsman, Magath etc that were even worse and boring to look at.
Ottomeister13

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

We're likely play with 3 at the back this season, and as long as we don't see Alaba at LCB (We could be proven wrong though), all players will be used to their strengths. Lahm is losing his pace and if he really is the smartest player Pep has coached, he shall play in midfield. He looked brilliant there last season for Bayern, especially in the 30 minutes in the cup final, where we played a 361, and I won't have a problem if Pep decides to bench Schweini for Rafinha or Höjbjerg, as long as we're winning. At the end of the day the system stands above everything.

As for Martínez, the position he's likely to take in probably suits him the best. He can switch between defence and midfield and just destroy everyone.

Alaba might work there, like Abidal did when Pep won the treble with Barca. He can interchange with one of the midfielders during the game.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Rafinha might not be Lahm's level but criticisms to him is unfair. He stepped up when needed and done his job as a right back. Compared to Lahm, any RB in the world will fall short. He's not world-class why? Because he's not called up to Brazil NT?

Isn't it a bit early to pass judgement? Our WC players are not yet fully integrated. The main focal point of our last year's tactic is gone. Let's wait, relax and lower the astronomical expectations: Win every game. Win every trophy. Win with beautiful style. Win with preferred XI.

:coffee:

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Javi found his place in the team and tears his ACL...Typical.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:However, one thing remains very important to me. As much as I would like to see a 3-4-3 succeed, experimenting season must end as soon as pre-season ends. If we are destroyed in the Super Cup and if we struggle in the early Bundesliga games it must be ditched immediately (and perhaps taken up again in January). We cannot compromise a season just to try to make it work.

I feel we have to consider this again. It hasn't exactly been a good preseason.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Preseason hasn't exactly been a good one, maybe because part of it were almost B-side players. But we're having too many injuries with Martinez now added to the list, I wouldn't mind if we signed a WC midfielder, Khedira is available(seen him last night, seemed to me unhappy with the bench role). Cause I think we can't afford to gamble with youngsters, not this year, from what we've seen today.
JANCKER

Postby JJJ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:42 pm

JANCKER wrote:Preseason hasn't exactly been a good one, maybe because part of it were almost B-side players. But we're having too many injuries with Martinez now added to the list, I wouldn't mind if we signed a WC midfielder, Khedira is available(seen him last night, seemed to me unhappy with the bench role). Cause I think we can't afford to gamble with youngsters, not this year, from what we've seen today.

A CB is needed. Lets sign Khedira and hope he'll go to defense? Or let Alaba stay there?
Früchtl
Hummels, Badstuber, Alaba
Müller, Fein, Kroos, Can, Schöpf
Wagner, Zirkzee

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 pm

bastos80 wrote:Javi found his place in the team and tears his ACL...Typical.

Javi has found no place in Pep's team yet. He's a horrible CB and always has been, going back to his Bilbao days. It's only the stupidity of a man that insists on having defenders whose main task should be to play the ball, which puts him there.

I really think the board needs to take a deep look at what Pep is doing. I find his idea beyond ridiculous. I think he won too much too soon at Barca and is convinced that he can and should reinvent the wheel. How else can you explain a decision to play 3 at the back when most teams do it only when they don't have enough good players for the wings?

But if the board believes that Pep's ideas are indeed correct than they should rebuild the team. They should go out and buy true CBs to play 3 at the back. They should go and find proper wing-backs, muscular, athletic types that can cover the whole wing by themselves such as Alaba can. And they need to sell Javi, Schweini, Muller, Rode. These players most likely are not what Pep thinks of when he designs a midfield.

If the board believes, as I do, that such moves are utter craziness than really what is the point of insisting with Pep at this point? For all I care he can go somewhere else to continue his life-long search for "perfect football" or whatever he dreams of. Give me Klopp and his "simple football is best" philosophy any day.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 pm

JJJ wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Preseason hasn't exactly been a good one, maybe because part of it were almost B-side players. But we're having too many injuries with Martinez now added to the list, I wouldn't mind if we signed a WC midfielder, Khedira is available(seen him last night, seemed to me unhappy with the bench role). Cause I think we can't afford to gamble with youngsters, not this year, from what we've seen today.

A CB is needed. Lets sign Khedira and hope he'll go to defense? Or let Alaba stay there?

Our midfield today went invisible, our defense had nothing to do. Centrally they broke us, no one could hold up the game. If anything happens to Schweini we're fcuked, we wouldn't have more experienced midfielders.
JANCKER

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Sign a CB and a RB imo.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

JANCKER wrote:
JJJ wrote:

Our midfield today went invisible, our defense had nothing to do. Centrally they broke us, no one could hold up the game. If anything happens to Schweini we're fcuked, we wouldn't have more experienced midfielders.

Well we sold Kroos because ..... yeah, I still don't know why. And we insist on playing Lahm as CM, while Hojbjerg and Rode play on the wings. I mean it makes total sense doesn't it.....?
endrity
I post all the time

Postby bastos80 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 pm

endrity wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Javi found his place in the team and tears his ACL...Typical.

Javi has found no place in Pep's team yet. He's a horrible CB and always has been, going back to his Bilbao days. It's only the stupidity of a man that insists on having defenders whose main task should be to play the ball, which puts him there.

I really think the board needs to take a deep look at what Pep is doing. I find his idea beyond ridiculous. I think he won too much too soon at Barca and is convinced that he can and should reinvent the wheel. How else can you explain a decision to play 3 at the back when most teams do it only when they don't have enough good players for the wings?

But if the board believes that Pep's ideas are indeed correct than they should rebuild the team. They should go out and buy true CBs to play 3 at the back. They should go and find proper wing-backs, muscular, athletic types that can cover the whole wing by themselves such as Alaba can. And they need to sell Javi, Schweini, Muller, Rode. These players most likely are not what Pep thinks of when he designs a midfield.

If the board believes, as I do, that such moves are utter craziness than really what is the point of insisting with Pep at this point? For all I care he can go somewhere else to continue his life-long search for "perfect football" or whatever he dreams of. Give me Klopp and his "simple football is best" philosophy any day.

Stopped reading there. Sorry man, this is bollocks.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion