You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:37 pm

A starting lineup without Robben seems pointless at the moment because:

- He was probably our best player last season
- He was in terryfic form in the WC
- Even though our tactics are clearly not the same, he delivered those world class performances in the WC in a 3 man defense formation

And I also think that Thiago will be given a starting spot once he's fit. What worries me is that the midfield looks a little bit weak with too many small and soft players. Long balls won't be easy to defend

What do you guys think of Schweini? I see him playing in midfield, but I think he could play that Javi Martinez role in the 3 man defense.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:He was in terryfic form in the WC

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:50 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:A starting lineup without Robben seems pointless at the moment because:

- He was probably our best player last season
- He was in terryfic form in the WC
- Even though our tactics are clearly not the same, he delivered those world class performances in the WC in a 3 man defense formation

And I also think that Thiago will be given a starting spot once he's fit. What worries me is that the midfield looks a little bit weak with too many small and soft players. Long balls won't be easy to defend

What do you guys think of Schweini? I see him playing in midfield, but I think he could play that Javi Martinez role in the 3 man defense.

I'd like this midfield:

Rode and Lahm can switch if Pep prefers so.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

draconaut wrote:Is Muller effective enough as CAM?I think I read that he is better as RW or CF/False 9.

You can always put Gotze there as well.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby akrivos » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:28 pm

akrivos
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:45 pm

akrivos wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2149827-assessing-the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-pep-guardiolas-3-4-3-system-at-bayern?

Whitney is usually clueless about Bayern, but I thought this article is pretty decent actually.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kevinx67 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 am

If Pep plays 3 in the back expect every team that play Bayern to sit back and counter with long balls over the top. Neuer will be busy playing sweeper til one of two things happen. 1 Pep realizes his tactics suck. 2 Pep gets fired. To me Pep will go down in flames before admitting he is wrong. I don't believe any managers job is secure.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:13 am

Or 3 he proves that he is a tactical mastermind once again. Just wait and see, the WC players aren't back yet, there is a reason he is playing like this.
Ottomeister13

Postby theundead » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52 am

if you come to think of it, the 3-4-3 is similar to 4-2-3-1 with martinez pushed back into defense and in pep' style I think Martinez in the center of 3 central defenders is the right choice. If Pep can motivate the players and adapt to the rival well, we have a realistic chance of getting the big one in Berlin.

The problem with it is that we have to leave out one dedicated attacker to make way for Martinez which doesn't sound right unless we can put Goetze or mueller as the RWB :D

I would like to see something like this: (but i am pretty sure Pep isnt going to use it)

Thiago can give way for Javi for an instant 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 if the need arises.

I am pretty sure that pep has something else in his mind.

EDIT: that formation is upside down :D. I like the idea of neuer as striker though :P
theundead
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Danada19 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Sorry new to the forums not exactly sure how to make the diagrams with the players on it! But I was thinking of maybe a sort of 3-2-4-1 lining up like this:

Boateng-Martinez/Badstuber-Alaba
Schweinsteiger-Lahm
Robben-Muller-Gotze/Thiago-Ribery
Lewandowki

Not sure how practical it is but it does make more room for the large amount of center mids we have.
Danada19
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 pm

line-up predictions for the game vs Dortmund ?
I think Lewandowski, Martínez and Alaba will definatly play. I'd love to see something like this :

@theundead I hate the idea of Martinez being a player that comes in "when needed".
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby akrivos » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 am

akrivos
Getting the hang of it

Postby The Black Cleaver » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 am

I think that Bernat will definitely play. He has been awesome in preseason matches and Pep has always used him in first eleven.
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 am

He has been pretty much invisible imo.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:27 pm

akrivos wrote:http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2014/8/5/5960443/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactics-3-4-3-formation-lineup

That is a very, very good article. Thanks for sharing it.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion