You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby runaway » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 pm

There's a reason why we bought Bernat and rumored for Cuadrado. That formation will work but not with Robbery but with true wingbacks.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1009 times

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm

bastos80 wrote:This would probably give Pep a tactical boner :

Image

Triangles everywhere.

In fact it gives a slight resemblance to an upside-down stick figure with a huge dong.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 45550
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8366 times
Been thanked: 13210 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:45 pm

MUTU wrote:In fact it gives a slight resemblance to an upside-down stick figure with a huge dong.


Well spotted ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4507
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 3047 times
Been thanked: 2022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby AllensRoten » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 pm

bastos80 wrote:This would probably give Pep a tactical boner :

Image

Triangles everywhere.

I.... I actually love this formation. Every player is accommodated and it just makes sense. Tried it in fifa 14, it's very very very good :pep:
User avatar
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 am

AllensRoten wrote:
bastos80 wrote:This would probably give Pep a tactical boner :

Image

Triangles everywhere.

I.... I actually love this formation. Every player is accommodated and it just makes sense. Tried it in fifa 14, it's very very very good :pep:


Sometimes i think Pep is getting his tactics from a video game :lol:
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Kevinx67 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 am

No matter how Pep lines them up i wish he would play 4 in the back. Using 3 in the back works against most of the Bundesliga just like last year but using 3 in the back in the CL don't work. 4-2-3-1- or 4-3-3 should be the only formations Pep should be allowed to use.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 35 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby runaway » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:11 am

Kevinx67 wrote:No matter how Pep lines them up i wish he would play 4 in the back. Using 3 in the back works against most of the Bundesliga just like last year but using 3 in the back in the CL don't work. 4-2-3-1- or 4-3-3 should be the only formations Pep should be allowed to use.

That's just misguided. A 3 at the back transforms 5 in defense. Is that not enough? Should we copy Chelsea and do a 802? Last season, our defense sucked in CL because none of our defenders had any decent run of form. We only had Dante and Boateng to rely on. Lahm was shuffled too much to get a rhythm. There's a reason utility players are usually supporting roles and doesn't shine. Playing different roles interrupts form. Then there's also the issue of our attack last season.

Who knows what will happen next season with Martinez, Badstuber, and Alaba for CB spots. As I said in another thread, it's a high gamble. Buying a proper CB would be the easy fix. But since when did Pep took the easy road?

3 at the back is better than 2. We are committing more players in midfield because most of teams that play against us sits deep. It's the new trend. Only BVB plays against us face to face.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
User avatar
runaway
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:21 am
National Flag:
Philippines
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 1009 times

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 am

runaway wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:No matter how Pep lines them up i wish he would play 4 in the back. Using 3 in the back works against most of the Bundesliga just like last year but using 3 in the back in the CL don't work. 4-2-3-1- or 4-3-3 should be the only formations Pep should be allowed to use.

That's just misguided. A 3 at the back transforms 5 in defense. Is that not enough? Should we copy Chelsea and do a 802? Last season, our defense sucked in CL because none of our defenders had any decent run of form. We only had Dante and Boateng to rely on. Lahm was shuffled too much to get a rhythm. There's a reason utility players are usually supporting roles and doesn't shine. Playing different roles interrupts form. Then there's also the issue of our attack last season.

Who knows what will happen next season with Martinez, Badstuber, and Alaba for CB spots. As I said in another thread, it's a high gamble. Buying a proper CB would be the easy fix. But since when did Pep took the easy road?

3 at the back is better than 2. We are committing more players in midfield because most of teams that play against us sits deep. It's the new trend. Only BVB plays against us face to face.


You're right!(in a loco way :pep: )

btw 3 in the back is german style.

Spoiler: show
Image
Last edited by JANCKER on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

 

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Dgro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:55 am

Why is everyone excluding Dante from their fantasy first XI lineups? Am I missing something? Two years ago he was our hands-down best CB and many here lauded him as one of the very best CBs in Europe. Last hear he wasn't as good but he was still arguably better than Boateng and undeniably better than Martinez as a CB. As it is he's shown more class at the position than anyone on our roster

I'm not offended that some think he won't be a starter but I am very surprised to see that this thought is held nearly unanimously on this forum. Where exactly is this coming from?
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:29 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 79 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:22 am

Dgro wrote:Why is everyone excluding Dante from their fantasy first XI lineups? Am I missing something? Two years ago he was our hands-down best CB and many here lauded him as one of the very best CBs in Europe. Last hear he wasn't as good but he was still arguably better than Boateng and undeniably better than Martinez as a CB. As it is he's shown more class at the position than anyone on our roster

I'm not offended that some think he won't be a starter but I am very surprised to see that this thought is held nearly unanimously on this forum. Where exactly is this coming from?


He was better than Boateng but not anymore, Boateng has improved(even if he looks a bit fat). And blame him for letting Coentrao go past him easily without a fight. I'm talking about the Boa we've seen in the WC, he was good, our best CB.
I'm not excluding Dante, but if Goodstuber returns to his form, he will have less playing time, and there must be a reason that they are trying to that position Alaba. Maybe Dante is not the right man in a defense with 3.
Martinez fits between the LCB, RCB: LCB-Martinez-RCB. That's my opinion.
JANCKER

 

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 am

it must be because we are anticipating a slump in his form. After the semi final trauma who wouldn't have one!?jokes apart I am too of that impression. I Hope he will shut our big mouths...
And I have a question too...
what is this non sense? Alaba LCB...? God forbid it.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 46609
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 31253 times
Been thanked: 6726 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:No matter how Pep lines them up i wish he would play 4 in the back. Using 3 in the back works against most of the Bundesliga just like last year but using 3 in the back in the CL don't work. 4-2-3-1- or 4-3-3 should be the only formations Pep should be allowed to use.

If it can work against Dortmund it can work against any CL team, though I admit one game is not enough to judge.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 39567
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13216 times
Been thanked: 10426 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Calibayernfan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 pm

I think a 4-3-3 is incoming this season as Pep has realized he got the team balance wrong with too many players forward without the speed needed to stop the counter. We are going to solidify our mid with alaba while maintaining a pressing possesion game with the mid covering for our fullbacks when they push up.

Robben -Lewa- Muller
Alaba-Martinez-Schwienstieger
Bernat-Badstuber-Boateng-Lahm

When attacking its a 353. I think this is Alaba's year.
Last edited by Calibayernfan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calibayernfan
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Calibayernfan wrote:When attacking its a 353. I think this is Alaba's year.


Well Neuer will probably push up in attack, so I can see us having 11 outfielders ;)
Don't see Martinez in midfield playing if guardiola selects three other center defenders.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4507
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 3047 times
Been thanked: 2022 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2014/15 Tactics & Formations Thread

Postby Calibayernfan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

He was part of the back 3 for the long ball, glad you caught that. Sweeper keeper ftw. Yeah I goofed with Benetia I had his name stuck in my head when typing Bernat.
Calibayernfan
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests