You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:39 am

AdepT wrote:I'd probably not ban him again. The guy loves this forum too much. That's something you have to appreciate.
He's here every time. MUTU, just let him be. :)
He'll be back again.

Duly noted, however the only reason I found it was README was that his negativity and annoyances made me almost sure it was him, so I checked and I was right. If he comes back again under a different username and acts normal, I'd probably never notice. In that case, he'd deserve to stay.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 am

MUTU wrote:
AdepT wrote:I'd probably not ban him again. The guy loves this forum too much. That's something you have to appreciate.
He's here every time. MUTU, just let him be. :)
He'll be back again.

Duly noted, however the only reason I found it was README was that his negativity and annoyances made me almost sure it was him, so I checked and I was right. If he comes back again under a different username and acts normal, I'd probably never notice. In that case, he'd deserve to stay.

"Keep you friends close, your critics closer"
He always finds a way to mention something negative about any game. Quite an eye, I say.
Maybe he's Sammer himself. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Sorry Pep but this is non-sense...
Maybe this explains Ribery's late performances. Alaba is nowhere to be found. Hopefully we'll get back to our usual plans.

To be fair it is a tactic which would take time to adapt to and it is to be expected that it struggles at first. I think what Pep is missing is that it might be more successful with a return to a 4-1-4-1. That way the 4 offensive midfielders make up for the fact that fullbacks go forward less often, and also the lone defensive midfielder is helped out by the fullbacks, reducing the defensive issues of the 4-1-4-1 formation.

The main weakness of this tactic, as we saw against United, is that the fullbacks have to continuously change positions, and this makes it easier for the opposing team's wingers to beat them. For this reason the midfielder needs to be strong defensively, enough to be able to win the ball on his own at times and good enough to be able to track back quickly and add another player to the defence (making it 3 players) while the fullbacks track back. Having a strong defensive presence in midfield allows the fullbacks to change between the positions less often. We have the perfect man for the role, if only Pep would realise it.

What I am proposing is this:

Lahm and Alaba playing the "false fullback" (or whatever you want to call it) role.
Badstuber or some other CB might take the place of either Boateng or Dante.
Lahm can act as Martinez's backup (with Rafinha taking his role as fullback), and possibly so can Rode.
Thiago, Gotze and Muller will get a lot of minutes and play in a rotating formation as they have been doing this season, when there are no injuries. Thiago instead of Kroos and Schweinsteiger, Gotze and Muller mostly instead of Robbery, but can also play centrally.
Mandzukic will of course rotate with Lewandowski.
I expect Shaqiri to leave.

Our bench would look something like this: Starke, Rafinha, Badstuber, Rode, Thiago, Gotze, Mandzukic
Other players: Raeder, Weiser, Contento, Hojbjerg, (4th CB), maybe Pizarro.

I think this could work out for next season, when the players have the time to adapt and master the formation and tactic. In my opinion Guardiola should NOT continue experimenting with it right now. It is a crucial point of the season and such a tactic is bound to take time to master. For now mistakes have to be expected, and at this point of the season mistakes are costly. Leave the experimenting for pre-season, when mistakes don't count. After all, if it succeeds it will make us play in a different manner next season, ensuring teams still find it hard to play against us.

My big regret about this is that I am almost sure that Guardiola will not play Martinez in that role and therefore benching 3 of Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gotze, Thiago, and Muller. And I am not even counting Rode.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

Mattrocks wrote:Heynckes would have thrown him into the second team.

Dude, I don't know how to say this, but if you still around, you should really try and not embarrass yourself.

Rummenigge wrote:We heard from Pep that Thiago wasn’t happy because Xavi and Iniesta play in his position, so he wanted to change club. At the end of the day we reached an agreement, brokered by Pep. But even two years ago, Jupp Heynckes said: ‘We’ll need to concern ourselves with this player.’"
tflags

Postby pyrasur » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 am

Having the fullbacks play inside was certainly interesting. In terms of personnel it seems to make some sense, as Alaba has experience as a central midfielder. I like the idea of using technical fullbacks to create strength in central midfield. However, our central defenders seemed to struggle in the Dortmund game to find an outlet to play out from the back.

The formation may need more tinkering to find the correct balance, and whether we have enough time in this season before some of the critical CL games is debatable. Perhaps having Martinez in the holding midfield role would allow him to drop in the middle and act almost as a third CB if Boateng and Dante need to move wide with the ball to create more width. Or perhaps too the defenders shouldn't hold so rigidly to a central role and mix it up a little, occasionally penetrating through the middle and at other times giving Robben and Ribery some help on the overlap.

It's clear that Pep is flexible with his tactics, but I hope we manage to find the right formula(s) and have our players comfortable with those tactics for our CL and Pokal games. Now that Dortmund is through Wolfsburg let's beat K'town so we can get some revenge in a game that actually counts :wink:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby AdepT » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:58 pm

From README to SEEME!
MUTU, I think our friend is back. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

SEEME :lol: :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Lol ill leave this one up to MUTU, i dont want to be banning anyone wheb I don't know if its actually README :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 am

this shall be our starting XI next yr:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 am

Hmm for me:

But it's hard to tell really. Muller, Gotze, and Kroos are all great, they will play a lot. Ribery might not play better than them, so they could replace him. Maybe Robben too but he's one of our best players so I'm not expecting that to change.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm

What's this, Football Manager 2015 or FIFA 15? Surely you can't possibly believe that your proposed A team is better than what we currently have (forget the tactics), despite bringing back Gomez.

As for the B team, Schmitz is leaving at the end of the season for Red Bull Salzburg while Kirchhoff still has a whole season left at Schalke.

EDIT: Also, while I did not comment on your choice of Contento over Alaba, I can't help not commenting on Raeder over Neuer. Come on, seriously?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Neuer-Lahm,New CB,Dante,Alaba-Martinez,Schweinsteiger-Robben,Thiago,Götze-Lewandowski

-Less Rotation from now on
-New CB means Luiz or Benatia

-Müller coming in as Super Sub or when false 9 is needed

-Mandzukic in Case of Double Strikers, when you nead aerial domination or when the opponents are too short and physically weak that Mandzukics head and bullying will tear them apart

-Ribery will be 32 and will be needed as part of Rotation and in moments of brilliance (especially when he is fresh against tired defenses), Ribery Peaked Last year and it is only going down and after 6 years it is time to be less dependant on Ribery now (Robben will have to face the same later on,maybe in 2016)

-Kroos starts/comes in when we need to hold the ball and pass around (his passing is accurate as ****) but nothing in entire Germany slows down an attack like Kroos ,i said this many times before .
After few years,he will take Schweinsteigers place though where we can need his skills as a director behind the scenes, but in the creativity department and feeding the strikers, Thiago or Goetze are much better suited

-Shaqiri wont get much playing time,maybe some minutes here and there , and as much as i like him , if the rumors about Shaqiri for Benatia are true, this should be done
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

You're all forgetting Hojbjerg. He'll have a role next season, I'm sure of it.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:29 pm

MUTU wrote:You're all forgetting Hojbjerg. He'll have a role next season, I'm sure of it.

Not more than what is called "Garbage Time" in basketball

10 minutes in place of A Starter to rest him when we are leading 3-0
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm

MUTU wrote:You're all forgetting Hojbjerg. He'll have a role next season, I'm sure of it.

I wish because I really believe in him, but I think he will go out on loan. The one that might surprise us and will surely feature at least as a rotation player is Rode. We must not overlook him.

It seems that everyone is agreed on Thiago over Kroos. If we end up in a situation where Mandzukic and Shaqiri both stay, and Ribery becoming a bench player, I can see him leaving.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion