You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Element » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Mattrocks wrote:Thiago is not remotely as good as mentioned Juve stars, not even as good as Marchisio who is not having a good season. Thiago with a real coach would be playing no more than Kirchoff.

Thiago is probably the most underrated player in our Squad, and we currently miss him big time

In my opinion he is no less than Toni Kroos
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Mattrocks wrote:Thiago is not remotely as good as mentioned Juve stars, not even as good as Marchisio who is not having a good season. Thiago with a real coach would be playing no more than Kirchoff.

:shock: #-o
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Compare how we played in games when Thiago was benched to when he was playing. Specifically look at the games where he was benched and how we played after he was subbed in.
Compare how we were playing before his injury and after.

I expected Thiago to be a bench player and to play very little but he has turned out to be a very important piece of Bayern's puzzle. He was bad when he was put as a DM, but Guardiola quickly scrapped that idea and he started playing well. Football is not just about statistics.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 pm

I can understand this comment, though, Thiago still hasn't completely adapted to Bayern way of playing and the Bundesliga and he hasn't played a lot in professional football when he was a part of Barcelona. That's why Kroos is definitely in big advantage.
That must be highlighted, but the recommendation of Thiago was the last U-21 championship where he played brilliantly, scoring hat-trick in the final. That's gotta be something.

In future there you can expect better days and his performances on the level. Patience and just patience.

I'm don't like Thiago after he gave one disgraceful interview for Spanish press where he's right after Bayern move told that many Bayern players cannot compare to current Barca squad, but that doesnt mean I cannot be realistic when we question his abilities, skills and potential, underrate him, etc. He will be a good player, I'm sure of it. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:33 pm

If you think Thiago is worse than Marchisio I don't know what to say or think. Usually im chill with most opinion but this one I flat out disagree.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Mattrocks wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

If you think Thiago is worse than Marchisio I don't know what to say or think. Usually im chill with most opinion but this one I flat out disagree.

U have to be fair with yourself, for Marchisio we were ready to splash 34 MIO, Thiago is no more than a good prospect with no more quality than Shaqiri

Thiago has showed way more quality and has proved way more important to the team than Shaqiri this season. Also to say Thiago is "no more than a good prospect" is an insult to his achievements. Also who from the Bayern brass told you they were ready to splash 34m on Marchisio? I didnt know you had those connections? Unless you do I don't know how you can say something like that as if its fact. Marchisio is a great player but he has peaked at 28 years old, but ask most knowledgeable Juve fans they will tell you his time is coming to a close and Pogba is their future(if they can hold on to him). Thiago has proven on the pitch he deserves to don a Bayern jersey and play amongst some legendary players. Like anyone on the team he has had his bad games but Thiago is top quality through and through. For a coach of Pep's caliber to call you out so his team can purchase you speaks for itself and majority of people would consider you wrong. It was one thing when people called Thiago out before the season started but now its just wrong. Especially when you compares him to players(Marchisio and Shaqiri)who have underperformed this season.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:16 am

Mattrocks wrote:u mean an internet connection? http://www.goal.com/de/news/968/transfe ... chisio-und and btw what kind of achievments are u talking about??? does he even play for Spain? was he even a regular in Barca (he even had a 20 MIO release clause)? oh wait u are right!!! he won the Euro u-21( not even the World Cup). what you are saying is non-sense, Im sure Thiago will gorown into a fine player, but being honest the only reason he plays for us, is Guardiola and most of all Shaqiri, Alaba, Gotze whom happen not just to be better but younger are much more important to the team and their respective natios. GET OVER IT, FC BAYERN IS NOT FC BARCELONA

Heynckes would have thrown him into the second team.

Pep´s caliber??? u kidding me right?? the only blessing this guy has is that he has taken the already best teams in the world (Rikjard´s Barca and Heynckes Bayern) and to be honest he has destroyed the dressing rooms in both teams, just look at Yaya Toure and Ibrahimovic and now look at our team.

I thought i was pretty clear by what i meant as connections but after reading your post i know this argument goes nowhere. I dont want Bayern to be like Barca and i respect Pep's achievements, that is all i have to say on this :coffee:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:27 am

Do your research. I won't do it for you but I should remind you about a certain friendly we did pre-season a couple years back where Thiago absolutely hammered us. Guess what Heynckes said about him then?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 am

I can maybe understand the Guardiola hate-talk, but I certainly don't get the Thiago one. He makes us unpredictable, and that's a plus.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 am

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:14 am

Sorry Pep but this is non-sense...
Maybe this explains Ribery's late performances. Alaba is nowhere to be found. Hopefully we'll get back to our usual plans.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Black Cleaver » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:15 am

Thiago is a key player in midfield.
The Black Cleaver
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:34 am

At the beginning kroos-Thiago was a disaster

Then Pep separated them and made thiago the "head" of the left sidr and kroos the one of the right side and things started to work brilliantly
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
Mattrocks wrote:u mean an internet connection? http://www.goal.com/de/news/968/transfe ... chisio-und and btw what kind of achievments are u talking about??? does he even play for Spain? was he even a regular in Barca (he even had a 20 MIO release clause)? oh wait u are right!!! he won the Euro u-21( not even the World Cup). what you are saying is non-sense, Im sure Thiago will gorown into a fine player, but being honest the only reason he plays for us, is Guardiola and most of all Shaqiri, Alaba, Gotze whom happen not just to be better but younger are much more important to the team and their respective natios. GET OVER IT, FC BAYERN IS NOT FC BARCELONA

Pep´s caliber??? u kidding me right?? the only blessing this guy has is that he has taken the already best teams in the world (Rikjard´s Barca and Heynckes Bayern) and to be honest he has destroyed the dressing rooms in both teams, just look at Yaya Toure and Ibrahimovic and now look at our team.

I thought i was pretty clear by what i meant as connections but after reading your post i know this argument goes nowhere. I dont want Bayern to be like Barca and i respect Pep's achievements, that is all i have to say on this :coffee:

Don't worry about "Mattrocks" or should I say "README" who's been repeatedly banned from this forum. He's just way too easy to spot.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:36 am

I'd probably not ban him again. The guy loves this forum too much. That's something you have to appreciate.
He's here every time. MUTU, just let him be. :)
He'll be back again.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion