You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Grimnir wrote:Am not as enamoured with Thiago as some are in here. To me he hasn't consistently proved himself to be as vital as Kroos. Good player, but in big games I trust Kroos to perform much, much more. Same issue with Götze in big games, but more extreme. He isn't ready for them and far less effective than Müller, if we think back to Arsenal for example.

I wasn't either, but when he doesn't play I feel that his absence has become noticeable.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Thiago is the definite other option when Kroos isn't as felt in the midfield as he should be. Although Thiago performed better in a more advanced role than Kroos like a CAM. Surprised Gotze hasn't done well when we switched to 4231.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Badger » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Regarding substitutions of midfielders around the 60 min stage, I'm becoming more and more convinced that it doesn't really matter who started and who replaced him. 90% of the effect is simply new players coming on to do something a little different against tired opponents. The opponents can't adjust and no longer have the legs and concentration to monitor all the changes. And it works. I don't think this takes away from all that is being said about Pep's masterful substitutions. Really, it is all part of his system.

The victory at Mainz was in many ways one of the most typical Guardiola victories we've seen yet. Mainz had a plan, but it cost them too much energy and concentration to press against Bayern's 75+% posession. They tired after an hour, and Guardiola's substitutes gave Bayern the edge in the latter stages. The two goals in the last 10 minutes were, for many observers, a predictable outcome.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Badger wrote:Regarding substitutions of midfielders around the 60 min stage, I'm becoming more and more convinced that it doesn't really matter who started and who replaced him. 90% of the effect is simply new players coming on to do something a little different against tired opponents. The opponents can't adjust and no longer have the legs and concentration to monitor all the changes. And it works. I don't think this takes away from all that is being said about Pep's masterful substitutions. Really, it is all part of his system.

The victory at Mainz was in many ways one of the most typical Guardiola victories we've seen yet. Mainz had a plan, but it cost them too much energy and concentration to press against Bayern's 75+% posession. They tired after an hour, and Guardiola's substitutes gave Bayern the edge in the latter stages. The two goals in the last 10 minutes were, for many observers, a predictable outcome.

That sounded so cold and calculated :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Is it true that Pep will soon count on a constant starting XI for the rest of the CL and he will stop rotating as much as he does usually?
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 pm

kod2600 wrote:Is it true that Pep will soon count on a constant starting XI for the rest of the CL and he will stop rotating as much as he does usually?

Where did you hear that from?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Read that on multiple Facebook pages, but I know that's not a source, so I wanted to make sure here if any saw a reliable source about this.

Speaking of that, Would you guys like to see him do it anyway?
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MatZam » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:18 pm

kod2600 wrote:Is it true that Pep will soon count on a constant starting XI for the rest of the CL and he will stop rotating as much as he does usually?

Doubt it. The squad will scream blue murder if players are consistently kept out of the Champions League matches. Lets face it, those are the main games left this season anyways.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:14 am

kod2600 wrote:Speaking of that, Would you guys like to see him do it anyway?

With the amount of quality in the roster, it would be a crime to establish a permanent starting xi. Plus I imagine Pep made lots of promises about players starting in order to keep everyone calm. This can only be done through rotation, ooooor changing the rules to 15 players on the pitch :D
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:31 am

Probably whoever started that rumour is reasoning that the unhappy players can now play in the Bundesliga and the main 11 will play in the Champions League. They think that it's an advantage to have a constant starting lineup.

It is not and it won't happen. It is a step back, we have proved that this season and Pep will carry on as he has been doing. Definitely. With him, it isn't "never change a winning team", but "never change a winning approach".
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Thiago is out, Schweinsteiger is out for the next important game, Gotze is in bad form, Robben hasn't scored in a month, Kroos hasn't been so spectacular either...

I never thought it'd be the midfield which would worry me. I wonder... Shaqiri to save our CL season and his Bayern career?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby johndear » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:35 am

Mandz (Pizza)

Ribery Gotz (Shq) Muller(Robben)

Muller on the wings can create different area chances than Robben's one dimensional skill. Robben is more useful against attacking team like Real or Barca. he hardly score on part the bus team.
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 am

Mattrocks wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Tedesco wrote:4-1-4-1 also lost against Dortmund

You mean in the first competitive match of the season? Big deal. It won against Dortmund when players got used to it.

4-1-4-1 was even worse idea than evading taxes

I still think we played better football with it this season, but that may be due to other reasons rather than the formation.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:10 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I still think we played better football with it this season,

I agree on this point. We were having a better attacking force with this formation earlier this season. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in defense as well.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

MoFattal wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I still think we played better football with it this season,

I agree on this point. We were having a better attacking force with this formation earlier this season. I didn't see a whole lot of difference in defense as well.

Actually we've been conceding goals regularly now, although that didn't start immediately with the transition back to 4-2-3-1.

My opinion is that we should go back to a 4-1-4-1 but play a defensive midfielder: Lahm or, ideally, Martinez. Schweinsteiger should play further up, partnered with either Kroos or Gotze. Now that Thiago is injured, overcrowding that position is not a problem.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion