You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I think my arguments for replacing Robbery were superior to Mattrocks arguments for replacing Pep. At least I hope so; if not I apologize for being a complete idiot.

I don't know what you wrote but looking for a replacement for Robbery is a lot more logical than replacing Pep.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:I think my arguments for replacing Robbery were superior to Mattrocks arguments for replacing Pep. At least I hope so; if not I apologize for being a complete idiot.

Where's Krasic again? :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 pm

I just cant believe there are people that still have something to say after we are setting new record week in week out.

We probably have more shots on goal than any other team in Europe, more possession, more passes, corners, chances, crosses etc...
We conceded less goals than any other team in Europe. And people are still complaining.

Than on the other side you have Man Utd fans who still support David Moyes and cheer while losing 3:0 at home to their most hated rival. That is mental if you ask me...but not as mental as complaining about a best manager in the world who is setting new records every few days.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:21 pm

So do you think this change from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 is permanent now?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:48 pm

MUTU wrote:So do you think this change from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 is permanent now?

I am starting to wonder whether it's the reason we're not performing as well recently. Kroos and Gotze both seem to be playing worse than earlier this season.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Its quite ironic that Bayern have looked sloppy using the 4-2-3-1. I still think Pep is still trying to get the squad to adjust to his style though....

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 pm

We are suffering more on the offensive front, but the defense has been better with this "switch". I think that we need to put the defense on priority at this point of the season, as the ball will almost always find its way into the net.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Korky » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:So do you think this change from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 is permanent now?

I am starting to wonder whether it's the reason we're not performing as well recently. Kroos and Gotze both seem to be playing worse than earlier this season.

But...

4-1-4-1/4-3-3:

20 games 18 wins (90%)
1 no (Leverkusen) (5%)
1 defeat (City) (5%)
52 goals scored (2.6 goals/match)
12 goals conceded (0.6 goals/match)

4-2-3-1/4-5-1:

19 games 17 victories (89.5%)
2 zero (Freiburg, Arsenal) (10.5%)
0 defeat (0%)
58 goals scored (3.0 goals/match)
7 goals conceded (0.37 goals/match)

So statistically at least one is best in 4-2-3-1, either offensively or defensively. And yet I have not counted the two games of Super or it has evolved into a 4-1-4-1.
Korky
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Tedesco » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:46 pm

4-1-4-1 also lost against Dortmund
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Tedesco wrote:4-1-4-1 also lost against Dortmund

You mean in the first competitive match of the season? Big deal. It won against Dortmund when players got used to it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
Tedesco wrote:4-1-4-1 also lost against Dortmund

You mean in the first competitive match of the season? Big deal. It won against Dortmund when players got used to it.

I know. But should affect the stats
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 am

Kevinx67 wrote:Was a good game. Mainz parked the bus a little to early. Once they did that it was only a matter of time before Bayern was going to score. Nice to see lahm at right back. When is Pep Barcelona going to learn Martinez isn't a central defender. He's much better as a holding mid.

What is your opinion on the lackluster performances since Pep has switched to the 4-2-3-1? You still think Pep was wrong to introduce some new tactics?

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby endrity » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 am

Well it took the team a little while to get used to the 4-1-4-1 so it might be the same for the 4-2-3-1.

However somethings Guardiola should never do are:
- Play Lahm outside of RB in a key match coming up in the CL. Rafinha will get murdered by elite wingers.
- Never, ever, under any circumstance play Martinez as CB against elite competition. He gets beaten way too easily by elite, strong, powerful strikers who can hold their own physically against him. It's against midfielders where Martinez excels physically.

As for the rest, seems like Basti has gotten back to his best. Now the question is do we play with Kroos and Thiago, Kroos and Gotze, Javi and Kroos? And where does Muller fit in? I guess Pep has one month to find these answers cause that's when it will get real. Real, Barca, PSG will not allow mistakes to go unpunished.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:09 am

endrity wrote:- Never, ever, under any circumstance play Martinez as CB against elite competition. He gets beaten way too easily by elite, strong, powerful strikers who can hold their own physically against him. It's against midfielders where Martinez excels physically.

This. I wouldn't mind seeing Rafinha against top teams as much as seeing Martinez as CB, based on what they've both shown this season.

endrity wrote:As for the rest, seems like Basti has gotten back to his best. Now the question is do we play with Kroos and Thiago, Kroos and Gotze, Javi and Kroos? And where does Muller fit in? I guess Pep has one month to find these answers cause that's when it will get real. Real, Barca, PSG will not allow mistakes to go unpunished.

Thiago has to play. I suppose it will be Thiago and either Kroos or Gotze, depending on each's form. Muller will be an occasional starter and one to turn to for a goal. Of course it could also be that Robben is the one who ends up on the bench, with Thiago, Kroos, and Gotze all playing.

It doesn't really matter who the ones that don't start are, because as we've seen plenty of times this season, our subs are very, very important.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Grimnir » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Am not as enamoured with Thiago as some are in here. To me he hasn't consistently proved himself to be as vital as Kroos. Good player, but in big games I trust Kroos to perform much, much more. Same issue with Götze in big games, but more extreme. He isn't ready for them and far less effective than Müller, if we think back to Arsenal for example.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion