You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Tedesco » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

I don't think Pep agrees on the taking more shots. It means losing possession every time a shot is missed and eventually opening up for a counter.

In the match against Arsenal he was very smart in this regard: try to go forward, but go safe.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 am

Tedesco wrote:I don't think Pep agrees on the taking more shots. It means losing possession every time a shot is missed and eventually opening up for a counter.

In the match against Arsenal he was very smart in this regard: try to go forward, but go safe.

But Pep is an extremist with possession. He's obsessed. He probably hates it when Bayern score because it means that the opponents have to kick off from the middle of the pitch to resume the game. :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:04 pm

MUTU wrote:But Pep is an extremist with possession. He's obsessed. He probably hates it when Bayern score because it means that the opponents have to kick off from the middle of the pitch to resume the game.

So that's why he sometimes doesn't celebrates!

:pep: : "We're already winning 3-0 but only have 78% possession. Why the hell did you score again!?"
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Pep's been busted. Remember, you heard it here first.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Mattrocks wrote:I dont think he is going to stay past this season

What!? There is absolutely no way he gets fired before next summer.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 pm

He's doing great so far, get over it.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby MatZam » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Mattrocks wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

the season ends in summer

Any reasons at all why you think this?
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:01 pm

Mattrocks wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

the season ends in summer

And it'll be a successful season. Even if he wins just the league he will not be fired, as it is Bayern's target.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:20 am

Mattrocks wrote:The team appears to be broken, we never had such issues as the ones we are dealing with Kroos, Mandzukic, Sammer, etc. Some could argue that has nothing to do with him, but his playing game seems ineffective outside the Bundesliga, the board doesn´t seem to be happy with him, the players are beginning to dive, thing they never done before.

Not so long ago we had crriticised how fake the Barcelona players were, such as Busquets, Puyol, Alves, etc... we can not go that way, we hated Barcelona style and now we are a Barcelona in red, and that is unacceptable.

Broken? Where were you when Robben punched Muller and when Ribery and Robben couldnt stand each other. Kroos and Mandzukic are facing contract issues so of course there will be a lot of talk but i would hardly call the team broken.

Pep has been able to succeed just as much in the UCL. The 1-3 match vs Man C was probably Bayern's best performance. Also Robben has been diving for years now and hardly aby other player has dived.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 am

In Europe we have won 6 games, lost 1, and drawn 1 (and another draw which ended in a win on penalties vs Chelsea). The two games we didn't win in the CL where arguably the ones we could afford most not to win, and at the end of the day had absolutely no effect on Bayern's tournament. Had the games vs Man City been in the knockout stages and not the group stage, Bayern would have qualified with those results. As for Arsenal, I was disappointed with the draw but a 3-1 aggregate win is much better than last year's 3-3.

Fact is, we had the best group stage in the history of the club. We won the European super cup for the first time. And we haven't had easy opponents. Of the 8 CL games we played, 6 were against CSKA Moscow, Manchester City, and Arsenal. And there are no easy games left, bar Olympiakos or Manchester United. If we do manage to go all the way to the final again, I think this will be the hardest CL Bayern has ever played. And looking at just results no one will believe that.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Mattrocks wrote:The team appears to be broken, we never had such issues as the ones we are dealing with Kroos, Mandzukic, Sammer, etc. Some could argue that has nothing to do with him, but his playing game seems ineffective outside the Bundesliga, the board doesn´t seem to be happy with him, the players are beginning to dive, thing they never done before.

Not so long ago we had crriticised how fake the Barcelona players were, such as Busquets, Puyol, Alves, etc... we can not go that way, we hated Barcelona style and now we are a Barcelona in red, and that is unacceptable.

Erm... our nickname is FC Hollywood. The stuff going on now is mild compared to some incidents in the past (and remember, due to our current position media focus is always going to be more on us and blow things even more out of proportion. The media wouldn't be so much on the Kroos case if we hadn't won the Treble last season).

Like FCBayernMunchen has pointed out, our record in the CL this season is nothing to be ashamed of. At the same point last season it was worse (5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses). I don't know why the board wouldn't be happy with him.

About the diving, I'll admit I was P***** off too against Arsenal. I thought Robben had gotten over it, or at least gotten over doing it so blatantly and repeatedly. Martinez went down I think more of the slap to the face, although he certainly exaggerated (but most players do that). But IMO we'll have to see in the next few games. If it continues than yes we have a problem.
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Seriously nit-picking? :lol:

Dunno about you guys but I rewatch most of our games in HD. Coz my streaming sucks. And I'm awed at the passes and combos we play. The fluidity in the movement and positioning of the players is astonishing to watch. Sure we don't attack directly but that's coz we don't have to. Most direct attacking teams have one or two central points in attack. We have so many to chose from and the number of goals shows that.

You can't please everybody. :roll:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:59 am

Some comments on here are just laughable.

We are dominating our opponents which leaves us with less space as they park the bus and than we cant have that fast tempo attack. We will never be as under LVG...stop saying that. We have much better players now and a coach that likes to attack. But that does not mean we should go all out to attack and lose the ball and get hit on the counter.

If scoring 74 goals and conceding just 12 in 25 matches is boring than something is wrong with some of you.
We are firing on all cylinders. We are attacking through middle, flanks, long shots, through balls, flicks etc...even trying some new set-piece tactics.

Our players are moving around like they are nuts. We have Robben, Ribery, Gotze, muller etc...switching positions all the time. Under LVG our players had to stick to their positions and that is why we were so static.

Pep is the best coach in the world. That is not an opinion...that is a FACT! He is a visionary.

Dont know about for how long some of you are following Bayern...so it strikes me to read about we are not playing good. Download some matches from 2000s..I hope you manage not to cry.

About the diving...Robben was always a diver, it has nothing to do with Pep.

I hope you are not some troll?

The team appears to be broken? We never had issues with contract extensions like we have with Kroos?
Mandzukic is playing great and is a hot-headed guy but he is loving it here. Sammer is Sammer and he works his ass off for this club. i dont see any problem here.

THE BOARD DOESNT SEEM TO BE HAPPY WITH PEP?

Let's see...

In 2012 Dortmund set a record for points won in 1 season. they managed to get 81 points. They broke the record that year. Klopp said the greatest thing about it is that when he gets older he would still laugh when he remembers he still has a record over Bayern, as we will never break that record. Well Jupp broke it last season by 10 points. We got 91 points in 34 games. That is a once in a lifetime achievement.
But it looks like Pep is going to break that record again in his first season at the club. That is just insane. We are undefeated and not in 1 game this season we looked like we are going to lose.

About the CL...we are great. You just cant win every game! Barcelona 2008-2012...in their best years lost to Bate borisov and some other lesser clubs but ended up winning the CL. That team was one of the best in the history of football...and they lost quite a few games against opponents like Getafe etc...

Some of you are expecting us to win every game out there. You should be happy to be a Bayern fan living a dream...because this dream wont last long. This is as good as it gets. We will still probably be around the top in few years but I doubt we will be as feared by others as we are now. Never in history were we as good as we are now...I hope it continues for at least 2-3 years...but everyone knows that great teams come in cycles and once Ribery, Robben, Schweini, Lahm get older...we will not be as strong as we are now.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

#-o
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:55 pm

I think my arguments for replacing Robbery were superior to Mattrocks arguments for replacing Pep. At least I hope so; if not I apologize for being a complete idiot.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion