You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 am

From the article Firefox shared shedding some light to Kroos, we also got this tidbit.
In London, there were whispers that Guardiola’s long-term goal is playing Boateng, Martinez and Dante in a three-at-the-back defence. Apparently, the manager feels they’re not quite ready for that yet. [source]

Although we are already seeing this in-game, to make this our starting formation what do you guys think?

Robbery playing would be in a 3-4-3.

We can often see Thiago and Gotze exchange places. The CAM position would be the most mobile. If he moves in the wings, Mandzu and Muller would move to form a 3 up front while if he drops to the center, the wingback can move forward adding width without losing coverage. We're basically trapping the opposition in their own half for more ball domination. And if anything will slips though behind the midfield, there are three men that can sweep for it. Also, in this case, more of our opponents would be forced to play on the wings and start from there. Even if they can slip a ball past the midfield, they'll be forced to move to the wings than attack in the center giving time for the others to get back.

Just my two cents. :D
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 pm

to be honest we pretty much do that already with a dm hanging back and the outside fullbacks going forward
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:22 pm

DerKaiser wrote:to be honest we pretty much do that already with a dm hanging back and the outside fullbacks going forward

Yes but a miniscule different. When we defend, Lahm doesn't move in line with the CBs. He shields them in front. So far, Lahm, Kroos, and Thiago are like a rotating triangle where everything is created. If Martinez is really converted to be the 3rd man in the back, there is no more need for a single pivot which so far only Lahm was able to master. With that, our midfield rotation won't be as shaky.

:D
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MatZam » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:45 am

MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JimmyGuitarist » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Strange how everyone has always said Pep's using a 4-1-4-1 with Bayern. The only reason I can think why is to make it sound more original even though there's no difference between it & the 4-3-3 he used with Barca.

If you watched almost every game of Barca under Pep, you'd know what 3-4-3 formation he'll eventually experiment with.
JimmyGuitarist
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I agree that the 4-1-4-1 isnt as original as most people make it out to be but in my opinion i dont see him line up a 343 that way. I think it would look more like this:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 pm

I can understand those who say that you can't call it a 4-1-4-1, because a lot of the time it's not like that. But I don't think you can call it a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3 either. To me, while it does not do justice to what actually happens on the pitch, 4-1-4-1 is the closest

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Why do we even try to understand Pep's formation. It's the-formation-which-must-not-be-named. :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby michel » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:35 am

Now that Bayern's return to a 4-2-3-1 formation is formal and complete, it is time to examine why it is so successful and how Pep Guardiola added triangles of death to it. Something that fans should relish as the team launches a fresh treble charge. More: How Guardiola’s triangles of death change Bayern’s 4-2-3-1
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Let's discuss the Penalties a little because it's annoying me a lot. Mueller and Alaba in my opinion are not the right 2 to take them, even though a big part of the whole thing depends on luck. I suggest if we give it to Bastian as a 1st option, and his absence let Goetze take it, and if both of them don't play, maybe Lahm or Kroos. What do you think?
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:19 am

Muller and Alaba are very good penalty kick takers. They've missed very few so far. It seems that the whole team is doing a fiasco in penalties and a penalty awarded is no longer a probable goal for Bayern. Missing is a very real possibility.

In my opinion the solution is not to shuffle penalty kick takers, but to actually spend some time practicing shootouts. The league is already won now. The CL and the Pokal can end in a penalty shootout in each of the remaining stages. We need to be ready.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:38 am

Rotating PK takers isnt the solution, the people designated to take them just have to commit to practicing them in my opinion...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:54 am

Mattrocks wrote:Franz is totally right, our team is no longer fun to watch; last season we were like a straight bullet to the other teams, no matter if they were 1860 or Barcelona, we would just destroy them. Today we keep on passing the ball and getting nowhere, we are even talking about traingles of death (dafuq is that shit).

We can pass the ball all we want in the Bundesliga or the Pokal, but if we want to challenge for the treble again we must go back to that pressing but precise monster we were with Heynckes, stop messing around with Lahm as DM, bring Martinez back where he belongs (besides BS31), remind Robben that we are not cheaters and we do not need to go to the ground in order to win a match.

What are we?? Sheep or Lions??

Hold your horses..errr, your sheeps and lions.
We do pass a lot but we're not Barca yet and hopefully we'll never be. We are not as direct as last year but we're certainly not 'unwatchable'.
Kaiser voiced his opinion keeping the Arsenal game in mind. I believe last year's game too was pretty 'unwatchable'. :)
Maybe 'unbearable' would be better description for both games.

I'll admit however that I did like last year style's more. 4-2-3-1 is probably the most versatile thing out there. I think this as base transits to other formations very easily, keeping in mind the the player's set out there.
But I guess it's better that we add the Barca style in our 'arsenal' of tactics too. We're probably the most versatile team out there.

So keep watching. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

I find our style to be far from boring. Sure, we pass around a lot, but it's usually not backpasses and the sort. For me a cleverly executed pass is just as much of a joy to watch as a player dribbling past two defenders. We're scoring lots of goals often, it's not all 1-0s and 2-0s (like the Spanish NT usually does). And the pressing is still there.

Beckenbauer mentioned taking more shots. I too would like to see our midfielders shooting more often, but it doesn't mean that the football is boring because they shoot from outside the box and that it will become beautiful if they start shooting more. We took a lot of long shots during LVG's two seasons and that was pretty much the only enjoyable aspect of our game. There were many, many Bundesliga games which bored me much more than the dominant Heynckes and Guardiola Bayerns.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:47 am

Plus, I recall many times last season when Jupp was blamed for not killing off the game and playing risky with a small lead in mind. People need to understand that we cannot play the same as last year. If we do, and mark my words on it, we will never win another treble. Evolution is part of the game, or else we'll end up being another Man United or Inter or Milan etc... :|
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion