You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

You all need to think about Pep`s obsession in 3-4-3 formation...I think we will be playing it next season.

For that formation you need 2 CBs [Dante, Boateng], 2 players that can play in wide midfield [Lahm, Alaba, Shaqiri, Rafinha] and 2 midfielders who can offer something in attack [Kroos, Thiago, Gotze] and 3 attacking players that are fast and can shoot [Ribery, Robben, Gotze, Muller and CF].

So there can be your answer with getting rid of Rafinha and us having that much midfielders and attackers.

I dont know how I should feel about this formation but I guess it is only a matter of time before Guardiola starts forcing it. He has the players for it and that is why I think he will go for it.

It would look something like this.

................CF...............
LCF..........................RCF
LM........MC....MC..........RM
......CB........CB........CB....
...............GK..................

That middle CB is probably someone like Martinez, Schweini, Lahm who would drop back the same way DMC is doing it now...but when attacking he would push a little higher above 2 CBs.

It really isnt much different than the current 4-1-4-1...as almost all of our players have similar roles...like fullbacks pushing to the middle and DMC joining 2 CBs and offering help with build-up.

But Pep will probably adjust it a little bit once he finds the right balance.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Scholl makes a good point. Maybe thats why we have been attached to the likes of Thiago Silva.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:Scholl makes a good point. Maybe thats why we have been attached to the likes of Thiago Silva.

A 3-4-3 with Boateng, Dante and Thiago Silva is stuff i can only dream about
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:03 pm

I do not think we should switch to a 3-4-3, although I am a fan of the formation. As mentioned them 4-1-4-1 operates like a 3-4-3 often, but having the 3-4-3 as a base formation would require a slightly different lineup, I think.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I do not think we should switch to a 3-4-3, although I am a fan of the formation. As mentioned them 4-1-4-1 operates like a 3-4-3 often, but having the 3-4-3 as a base formation would require a slightly different lineup, I think.

I'd be strongly inclined to agree: 4-1-4-1 morphing into 3-4-3 is ok, but 3-4-3 as the base formation is somewhat different and not something I have seen convincingly played as yet.

The base-3-4-3 formation in the experiment against Salzburg was something of a disaster, but I'd like to see it tried again in other friendlies or in dead Bundesliga games, if Bayern win the title early.

The theory, as far as I can grasp it, is:
- it should morph into a 3-2-4-1, creating more players in midfielder
- it differs from 4-1-4-1 mainly at the back
- that, of the 5 defensive players, 3-2 is more robust than a 4-1, and doesn't overstretch or rely on the outstanding defensive midfielder that 4-1-4-1 needs
- it (when morphed into 3-2-4-1) doesn't need as high a defensive line as 4-1-4-1 does

And, it might utilize Bayern's current squad in a more balanced way.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:46 pm

I feel like it would take a while for the Bayern team to get used to it but the squad is flexible enough to make it work

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Evandro » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:15 pm

I think we will use the 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 depending of the case...
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Deutche » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Well as crazy as this formation would be I would love to see it. With that said don't see it happening.

Lahm - Boa - Alaba
Javi - Schweini
Mueller - Kroos - Thiago - Rib
Goetze
Deutche
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:17 pm

:confused: :crazy:

Deutche wrote:Well as crazy as this formation would be I would love to see it. With that said don't see it happening.

Lahm - Boa - Alaba
Javi - Schweini
Goetze
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Deutche wrote:Well as crazy as this formation would be I would love to see it. With that said don't see it happening.

Lahm - Boa - Alaba
Javi - Schweini
Goetze

Too much FIFA 14 ;)

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Sorry for being pessimistic but without Ribery we are not the same...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Is it just me or do a lot of teams play with 4141 after we've started using it? Their official line-up might say otherwise but if watch in-game their formation morph into a 4141. Chelsea, Madrid, are the notable teams I notice. Just curious. :-k
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby dambun » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:33 am

runaway wrote:Is it just me or do a lot of teams play with 4141 after we've started using it? Their official line-up might say otherwise but if watch in-game their formation morph into a 4141. Chelsea, Madrid, are the notable teams I notice. Just curious. :-k

Chelsea, for one, usually plays with 2-3 defensive midfielders... They play 4231 or 433... I've never seen a Mou team play 4141
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby runaway » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:33 am

dambun wrote:
runaway wrote:Is it just me or do a lot of teams play with 4141 after we've started using it? Their official line-up might say otherwise but if watch in-game their formation morph into a 4141. Chelsea, Madrid, are the notable teams I notice. Just curious. :-k

Chelsea, for one, usually plays with 2-3 defensive midfielders... They play 4231 or 433... I've never seen a Mou team play 4141

I see it in-game their positions just morph into one. Madrid against Villareal today was morphing to 4141 with Modric as the DM. I guess playing 433 does that.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Throughout the game it is normal for a formation to morph into others, but from the games I've seen of those teams, I don't think you can really say they're using a 4-1-4-1 as a base formation. Their tactical plan revolves around a different structure. On the other hand Bayern's tactics are specifically tailored for a 4-1-4-1.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion