You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Pep's system seems to be sinking in to the players, looking at that pic shows you how intelligent Pep and the players are
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:00 pm

What was really interesting in this match, from my point of view, was the mutual understanding that has grown between some of our players... especially Mueller and Goetze seemed to be able to find each other very well... This bodes well for our future... :D

By contrast, Shaq's situation is not up to my satisfaction... He doesn't seem to fit into our playing style yet... Maybe it's his position... maybe something else... whatever it is, he seems to be just playing for himself, not with the team...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Pep's system seems to be sinking in to the players, looking at that pic shows you how intelligent Pep and the players are

It does. It also shows why Pep might feel that Martinez is ready for this position yet, why he likes to play Thiago there, and why he'd rather move Lahm there than keep him at RB than play a less competent players in that position.

I have always felt that the CM position is the most important, but it seems that it is more crucial than ever in Pep's system.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Pep's system seems to be sinking in to the players, looking at that pic shows you how intelligent Pep and the players are

It does. It also shows why Pep might feel that Martinez is ready for this position yet, why he likes to play Thiago there, and why he'd rather move Lahm there than keep him at RB than play a less competent players in that position.

I have always felt that the CM position is the most important, but it seems that it is more crucial than ever in Pep's system.

I agree that pic shows why Martinez is finding it hard to adjust. He might be a defensive beast but he also needs to be the focal point of attack or else the system doesnt work as it should. Even Schweinstiger did not perform as well as Lahm in that role, but im hoping after his injury he can play as the single pivot

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Haruko Arsenal wrote:oh right. So when fit, whats your best 11?

(When everybody is fit)

I asked this question last year and I was left shocked that nobody picked Robben.. then he had a crazy CL, and even won it for you!

Id go with:

I think Gotze has shown he deserves to start even in the big games. Martinez is yet to find his role on the squad so i will go with Schweinstiger when he is fit and in my opinion LvG was right "Muller must always play" :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Badger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

(When everybody is fit)

I asked this question last year and I was left shocked that nobody picked Robben.. then he had a crazy CL, and even won it for you!

Id go with:

I think Gotze has shown he deserves to start even in the big games. Martinez is yet to find his role on the squad so i will go with Schweinstiger when he is fit and in my opinion LvG was right "Muller must always play" :P

See - we can even do it with only 10 men... ;-)
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby walter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:25 pm

hahaha, I was about to write something similar.

I like Muller as our false 9 more than anyone else. Gotze should be our supersub because of his versatility; he's able to play anywhere in attack. I would have Thiago in the starting lineup instead.

Now, because of injuries, and Pep's tactical flexibility and adaptability, it really doesn't make much sense to think in terms of our strongest 11 anymore.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm

Badger wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

(When everybody is fit)

Id go with:

Hahaha my bad how could i leave out :dante:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Badger wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

(When everybody is fit)

Id go with:

Taking false 9 to a whole new level with only 9 outfield players :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Something that I had a long time in my mind but I didn't have a nice argument,a strong display from the team but just some random 15'-25' min at some games against an already defeated team.

The game against Eintracht showed that for a 4-1-4-1 formation two playmakers doesn't stack.Of course I'm reffering to Thiago & Kroos partnership which is very nice and in some games they worked good but overall it doesn't despite they are totally different styles of playing their job is similar.
In many games which Kroos played alone for some minutes he performed even better,so does Thiago when Kroos isn't involved like tonight.Both pressing very good and they have a spectacular vision,passes and technique to perform good at closer areas too but it seems that when they are both on the pitch they want to command the game's flow,that's the way it seems to me.
I'm clearly in favor for Gotze & Thiago or Kroos,you need someone who can penetrate,dribble,shoot and being smart with the ball possesion such as Gotze in last games and one who can distribute the ball smoothly(playmaking) and vertical such as Thiago or Kroos,not both of them.Moreover Mandzukic will play at last as a striker and he will have his support from the centre midfielders and do their thing(like this game vs Eintracht) and not just from the wings.This false 9 with Gotze is good for "hey surprise" moments and not being a starter.

The best case scenario for me is to have back Schweini(or Javi) who I suppose he is the best solution of the lone DMF and at last Lahm will be back for RB role,not because he isn't doing a good job as a DM but especially because Rafinha at offense isn't so sharp as Lahm(nor defensively but no one is)

If Schweinsteiger is ready I'd like to see something like this if not,then switch him with Lahm and Rafinha as RB who is doing a good job.

Last edited by Achilles on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 pm

I agree with your lineup, with Mandzukic rotating with Muller.

Surprisingly, I think Schweinsteiger will find it hard to regain his place and his best option is as the "1" in midfield. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd rather have Martinez
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Achilles wrote:Something that I had a long time in my mind but I didn't have a nice argument,a strong display from the team but just some random 15'-25' min at some games against an already defeated team.

The game against Eintracht showed that for a 4-1-4-1 formation two playmakers doesn't stack.Of course I'm reffering to Thiago & Kroos partnership which is very nice and in some games they worked good but overall it doesn't despite they are totally different styles of playing their job is similar.
In many games which Kroos played alone for some minutes he performed even better,so does Thiago when Kroos isn't involved like tonight.Both pressing very good and they have a spectacular vision,passes and technique to perform good at closer areas too but it seems that when they are both on the pitch they want to command the game's flow,that's the way it seems to me.
I'm clearly in favor for Gotze & Thiago or Kroos,you need someone who can penetrate,dribble,shoot and being smart with the ball possesion such as Gotze in last games and one who can distribute the ball smoothly(playmaking) and vertical such as Thiago or Kroos,not both of them.Moreover Mandzukic will play at last as a striker and he will have his support from the centre midfielders and do their thing(like this game vs Eintracht) and not just from the wings.This false 9 with Gotze is good for "hey surprise" moments and not being a starter.

The best case scenario for me is to have back Schweini(or Javi) who I suppose he is the best solution of the lone DMF and at last Lahm will be back for RB role,not because he isn't doing a good job as a DM but especially because Rafinha at offense isn't so sharp as Lahm(nor defensively but no one is)

If Schweinsteiger is ready I'd like to see something like this if not,then switch him with Lahm and Rafinha as RB who is doing a good job.

Mandzukic???
my ideal formation is ...

Muller / Mandzu
Robben / Goetze
Kroos / Thiago
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Im not to sure that Schweinstiger will play as the single DM again since even when he was healthy Lahm played over him in that position a couple times. I fully agree that Gotze should play centrally imo he excels whenever he plays their and is able to take on defenders which opens up spaces for the attackers. I still prefer Kroos to Thiago but its gonna be a hard choice for Pep to make cause when both play with each other they kind of step on each others toes figuratively speaking.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 pm

@ramsej
I made a mistake,a just copied the formation and then I fullfilled it because mine had a problem and I forget to change Muller-Mandzukic.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:11 pm

4-4-2. Give me that quick muscle football back! 8)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion