You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby paullepage » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Great videos for anyone who wishes to understand the tactics behind this ultimate team we call Bayern Munich =D>
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Direct video links:
Bayern Munich's Defensive Organisation Analysed

Bayern Munich in Possession Analysis

I really recommend to watch these if you can :thumbup:

Thanks for the videos. I really enjoyed both.... good stuff.
paullepage
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Badger » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:03 am

Apologies, for not taking time to translate some of this article. It is in German, and worth a read, or even a Google-translate, if you have a minute or two to spare.
http://www.goal.com/de/news/3642/editorial/2013/12/06/4455714/fc-bayern-pep-guardiolas-sechser-roulette

Basically, it is about the amazing success Guardiola is having, no matter what positions and roles he allocates to his key players. The main example focusses on the recent Augsburg game where most people expected Martinez at the “6” and Alcantara at the “8”, beside Kroos, but Martinez was played in front of Alcantara, the idea being that Alcantara would sweep up and distribute from deep and Martinez would break up the Augsburg attacks far up the pitch. With the game remaining at 1-0 in the second half, Guardiola swapped them to their more natural positions, to increase the attack and to add more stability to the defence.

I praised Heynckes many times last year for, amongst other things, (a) Bayern’s variation in attack and (b) Bayern’s intelligent midfield. I really believe that Guardiola has taken both of these things to another level.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AdepT » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:21 am

^ I forgot to point it out. I had noticed during the game itself. :)

Pep is a genius in the purest sense of the word.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 am

I did not notice that. Very interesting. :)

Pep keeps proving that he is a tactical genius. It is easy to dismiss his achievements at Barca and Bayern as merely having an amazing team, but it is obviously not the case.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:28 am

If we make two assumptions:
- all Bayern players except Badstuber will be available for the start of the second half of the season
- Guardiola will usually play 4-1-4-1
… then who do you expect to see in which positions in the second half of the seasons?

Here are my suggestions, listed in order of expected playing time.
==========
Goalkeeper: Neuer, Starke
==========
Right Back: Rafinha, Lahm, Weiser
Right Central Defender: Boateng, van Buyten
Left Central Defender: Dante, Martinez
Left Back: Alaba, Contento
==========
Defensive Midfielder: Lahm, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Alcantara, Hojbjerg
==========
Right Wing: Robben, Goetze, Mueller, Shaqiri
Right Central Midfielder: Alcantara, Goetze, Schweinsteiger
Left Central Midfielder: Kroos, Schweinsteiger
Left Wing: Ribery, Shaqiri, Mueller
==========
Striker: Mandzukic, Mueller, Goetze, Pizarro, Green
==========

I should emphasise that this is more what I think will happen, and not so much a representation of any personal preferences I might have.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 am

It is hard to know what's going on in the coach's mind, but like I said yesterday, I expect to see a number of changes after the winter break. The team has a month to fine tune and players can get accustomed to their expected roles.

I expect to see this:

Rotation will still be present of course. I expect Thiago to play often instead of Martinez, Schweinsteiger, or Gotze; and Mandzukic will get as many minutes as Muller. Robben will probably find a spot somewhere too, and I'm sure Rafinha won't be forgotten.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:35 pm

I think Robben has pretty much cemented his place and same goes for Gotze. I hope Schweinstiger and Martinez find their place cause with so much depth you gotta earn every minute you play....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Fénix » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:46 pm

This is the team I trust the most. Besides, it looks like a typical Bayern, mix of creativity and muscles, balanced game - powerful in both attacking and defensive situations.

The rest would be Shaqiri instead of Robben, Götze/Ribery, Müller/Mandžukić, Thiago/Kroos, Rafinha/Lahm, Badstuber/Boateng.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:27 am

Some thoughts i have had ... there has been many times when mandzuckic has been taken out and suddenly the team starts to do flanking...
nowadays im gonna guess this is a product of disinformation
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:54 am

whereas it is in chess a fake, why not here
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 am

The good thing about Spain not inventing football is that Spanish speaking nations are able to use modern denominations of player roles rather than the original ones dating back to the 1880s. One example are the fullbacks which, in Spanish, are referred to as 'wing coverers'.

A fullback is a term that applies to any defender really; and yet none cared to change that term since Arsenal started using a third defender back in the 1930s but decided to call it a centre back back then; basically a redeployed centre half with CF covering duties.
tflags

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 am

tflags wrote:The good thing about Spain not inventing football is that Spanish speaking nations are able to use modern denominations of player roles rather than the original ones dating back to the 1880s. One example are the fullbacks which, in Spanish, are referred to as 'wing coverers'.

A fullback is a term that applies to any defender really; and yet none cared to change that term since Arsenal started using a third defender back in the 1930s but decided to call it a centre back back then; basically a redeployed centre half with CF covering duties.

Learn something new everyday, nice post!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:27 pm

It's been a while since the last time I tried to expect a starting line-up, players position or a specific tactic. Pep made me give up haha
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Element » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Assuming that All Players are fit , this is the formation i would like to see
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I think Robben has pretty much cemented his place and same goes for Gotze. I hope Schweinstiger and Martinez find their place cause with so much depth you gotta earn every minute you play....

Agree with Robben. In fact I think we really missed him in the last games of the year

But I have to disagree with my beloved Götze :P He still needs to show much more to cement his place in the starting lineup. We've only seen a light version of the real Mario Götze in this first half of the season.

-----

And here are some thoughts...

- Even though Lahm is being a key player in the midfield and also Rafinha is doing a good job in the RB poisition, I really miss that Robben--Lahm overlappings. Those two on the right + Ribery and Alaba on the left are a permanent headache for the other team.

- Thiago is a great buy and he is a fantastic creative player. Guardiola loves him. But now that we'll have Schweinsteiger back I'd like to see our key players in last year success together (Martinez, Schweinsteiger) while other players like Thiago or Götze fight for their spot. One of the games that I really enjoyed this season was our big win in Etihad Stadium against City. Kroos, Schweini and Lahm owned their full midfield.

I think that Thiago is playing some good games, but I hope Guardiola doesn't plan with him as starter yet. Both Thiago and Götze will have plenty of time this year to prove their worth

I'd like to see something like this

Fénix wrote:

With Thiago, Götze and Shaqiri starting in a lot of matches because we will have a busy schedule from February till June. But TBH I think that Guardiola prefers a more dynamic midfield and I can see Thiago in the midfield and probably Götze replacing Mandzukic
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion