You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.
 

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MoFattal » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:36 am

Oh come on man. The guy has scored 9 goals in 10(3 from the bench) appearances. What more could you ask of him? I also don't understand the "he can't score efficiently" argument. He's having an average shot per game of 2.6, of which he's averaging 0.9 goals per game (stats). It's not like he's missing clear-cut open-goal chances as Tommy has been doing lately. I'm sorry mate but Mario is one hell of an efficient striker for us.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11791
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5135 times
Been thanked: 2720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 am

Firefox1234 wrote: I am actually surprised Gotze has not been given a start as a CF to be honest.

I'm not. Pep might have had that idea at first but his performances have shown that he can help us best as a playmaker.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13500 times
Been thanked: 10659 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 pm

MoFattal wrote:Oh come on man. The guy has scored 9 goals in 10(3 from the bench) appearances. What more could you ask of him? I also don't understand the "he can't score efficiently" argument. He's having an average shot per game of 2.6, of which he's averaging 0.9 goals per game (stats). It's not like he's missing clear-cut open-goal chances as Tommy has been doing lately. I'm sorry mate but Mario is one hell of an efficient striker for us.

Your arguments remind me of when MUTU tried to convince Gomez haters why he should stay and was important to the team and its kinda funny. :lol: I can see i was wrong about him not scoring but thats not my real issue. Even though he does score, the way Pep is playing him suits a hybrid striker like more or a false 9 like Gotze more than Mandzukic. Of course Mandzu is more deadly in the box than all of them but the way he is always drifting to the wings more than playing inside the six yard box doesnt suit his strengths.

This is like deja vu from Gomez last year, even though he was able to score you could tell that something wasnt right, and im starting to feel the same way with Mandzukic. I guess since he is scoring goals this issue is gonna be thrown under the radar but like i said before that is just covering up the problem. You talk about his scoring but do you really think the way Mandzukic is always playing on the wing suits a striker like him? Do you think he has a future in the starting XI playing like that when Muller or Gotze are probably more flexible options? Why is it when Gomez was scoring it wasnt enough but when Mandzukic is scoring that justifys his poor play?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18697
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5896 times
Been thanked: 4537 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Mandzukic is improving under Guardiola, I feel he's becoming more of a winger at times in order to improve the build up. Guardiola is happy with him, he even went as far as claiming that he's the best striker in the world.
Image
User avatar
AssemFCB
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 603 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Tedesco » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm

AssemFCB wrote:[...]best striker in the world.

Best header in the world.
User avatar
Tedesco
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2675
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am
Location: Karlsruhe
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 764 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Tedesco wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:[...]best striker in the world.

Best header in the world.

"With his ability to head the ball inside the penalty area, Mandzukic is the best forward in the world."

I think that statement is open to interpretation as to what he actually meant.
Image
User avatar
AssemFCB
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Egypt
National Flag:
Egypt
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 603 times
Gender: Male

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AdepT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Your arguments remind me of when MUTU tried to convince Gomez haters why he should stay and was important to the team and its kinda funny. :lol:

I'll say this very frankly Firefox that your posts about convincing how Mandzu is not suited to Bayern are getting tedious. They're not even funny. :|

He's very efficient. Very feisty. Very admirable. And not that far off in skill from other 'top' strikers as you suggest.
And I'd just take the guy in my team for his heart. Only one striker out there has more of that and that's Suarez and I would take him too.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 718 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:24 pm

AdepT wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Your arguments remind me of when MUTU tried to convince Gomez haters why he should stay and was important to the team and its kinda funny. :lol:

I'll say this very frankly Firefox that your posts about convincing how Mandzu is not suited to Bayern are getting tedious. They're not even funny. :|

He's very efficient. Very feisty. Very admirable. And not that far off in skill from other 'top' strikers as you suggest.
And I'd just take the guy in my team for his heart. Only one striker out there has more of that and that's Suarez and I would take him too.

I don't know where to begin with this post #-o , you haven't even mentioned which part of my opinion you don't agree with. You making comments that are generalized and hardly backed up with facts. At least Mofattal and Badger were able to do that but instead you try to use pathos to discredit my views. I'm not trying start any internet fights so look at my original post and use facts to back up your opinion. Your talking like i want Mandzukic out or insulted him. Their is big difference between insulting someone and critiquing them. If you read my post you would have seen I'm suggesting that if Pep wants his strikers to play in this way he should use a player like Muller or Gotze while Mandzukic be used as the change up guy or super sub. You say he is efficient but wasn't Gomez just as efficient when it came to scoring goals? I never said he isn't feisty or said he wasn't putting in a lot of work. Also when did I give my view on a top striker, i only talked about Mandzukic and his role at Bayern Munich?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18697
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5896 times
Been thanked: 4537 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby MoFattal » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Of course Mandzu is more deadly in the box than all of them but the way he is always drifting to the wings more than playing inside the six yard box doesnt suit his strengths.


Mandzukic' drifting to the wings is not something new. He did it a lot last year under Heynckes, and he's doing it again under Pep. It is safe to assume that Pep is asking him to do more of it now. Mandzu is not your typical "agile" attacker, but he has great ball retention, good ball skills, and outstanding crossing. The last, specifically, gets us at least 2 goal-scoring chances per game. It's only a matter of time to see whether he gets better or worse, but so far I'd place myself under the totally satisfied club.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11791
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 5135 times
Been thanked: 2720 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 pm

MoFattal wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:Of course Mandzu is more deadly in the box than all of them but the way he is always drifting to the wings more than playing inside the six yard box doesnt suit his strengths.


Mandzukic' drifting to the wings is not something new. He did it a lot last year under Heynckes, and he's doing it again under Pep. It is safe to assume that Pep is asking him to do more of it now. Mandzu is not your typical "agile" attacker, but he has great ball retention, good ball skills, and outstanding crossing. The last, specifically, gets us at least 2 goal-scoring chances per game. It's only a matter of time to see whether he gets better or worse, but so far I'd place myself under the totally satisfied club.

I am not unsatisfied with Mandzukic where i want him out i just think Muller or even Gotze should be plan A since they are more agile strikers then Mandzukic as plan B like when he came on as a sub to score the game changing goals. I feel like that would be the more efficient way of using Mandzukic ...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18697
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5896 times
Been thanked: 4537 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby AdepT » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 pm

@Firefox : Not starting a fight. :)
Your posts suggest a not-so-good opinion of him.

1. You ask me to present facts. MoFattal's done it and I avoid repetitions. :) I'd agree about my post being a bit emotive.
However to add, he has 31 goals in 47 starts and 9 sub appearances. So efficiency is not really a issue.
On the other hand, I could say that your posts are very opinionated and are not backed up by any facts. :)
You could try re-reading them. :P

2. As for the wing play, I'd rather praise him. He's got good control and can cross the ball. He is not a winger by any stretch. He's done it many a times, even last year. He covers a lot of ground. And is the first line of defense. Basically the reasons, Jupp favored him over Gomez though we all know Gomez was a better poacher.
And, how come Mandzu doesn't create space for himself? It's puzzling. He creates space for himself and for others. Also, about your comment that he uses space created by his teammates, I'm not sure how that's a flaw.

3. I've said this a many times and I'll repeat it, it's because of Mandzukic that we are seeing more goals from the midfield. Some see it as his inability to score goals, I see it as a special ability to include others to score. His instinctive(or not) ability to switch positions with the front line was what made him an important cog for the excellently balanced play between defense and attack last season. He's doing more or less the same thing now too.
Saying that Mandzu's not a good winger isn't really backed up any stat now, is it? Plus you suggest that his goals cover up that deficiency.
I welcome more such goals which cover up his 'winger' deficiencies.

4. I'm all for Mueller making himself a no 9. He's got that uncanny ability. And Mandzu's play on the wing to let Mueller move up top was probably Pep's change during the match. He's pretty vocal and reactive when the match is on too. I see your point that he's not effective as winger but he's not meant to play the role. After all how many strikers out there can play as winger? Also, Mueller's not been as effective as a CF as he's on the wings. It's just not their 'natural' (favorite) positions. These changes, I assume, are not permanent and very temporary. For whatever time Mandzu played on the wing against Hoffenheim, he was very good in my opinion. Not Robben-good or Mueller-good. His substitution was a questionable because he could have been moved upfront. And I tend to believe it being more tactical than performance affected change. Because he was better than Mueller and could've been moved up front to bring in Kroos.

5. Gotze as CF? His finishing stats don't support this. Neither does is height for crosses because we still rely on our wingers for that. Our wing play is still the same as it was under Jupp. Plus it's evolved because of a lone CDM which allows Lahm and Alaba to move ahead more often. IMO, Gotze's suited for the RW or RAM(no8) role. If there had been any intention of Pep using him as a CF, we'd have seen it. He's more inclined towards Mueller as CF. Though nobody can be sure about Pep's ideas.

So at present, Mandzu's performing a pretty good role of a hybrid striker because that's what he is. Mueller could be better. Gotze, I have my doubts. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 718 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm

AdepT wrote:I'll say this very frankly Firefox that your posts about convincing how Mandzu is not suited to Bayern are getting tedious. They're not even funny.

Come on, we all know that when Firefox gets an idea he keeps posting about it in every topic. :mrgreen: Remember when he was posting about Schweinsteiger a few months ago? ;)
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13500 times
Been thanked: 10659 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
AdepT wrote:I'll say this very frankly Firefox that your posts about convincing how Mandzu is not suited to Bayern are getting tedious. They're not even funny.

Come on, we all know that when Firefox gets an idea he keeps posting about it in every topic. :mrgreen: Remember when he was posting about Schweinsteiger a few months ago? ;)

Im the idea man :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18697
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5896 times
Been thanked: 4537 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 am

Good article. Ignore the title, which is a bit misleading.
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 13500 times
Been thanked: 10659 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Great videos for anyone who wishes to understand the tactics behind this ultimate team we call Bayern Munich =D>
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Direct video links:
Bayern Munich's Defensive Organisation Analysed

Bayern Munich in Possession Analysis

I really recommend to watch these if you can :thumbup:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 18697
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: United States of America
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 5896 times
Been thanked: 4537 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests