You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Discussions about anything in general about Bayern, such as tactics, finances, kits, merchandise etc.

Re: 2013/2014 Tactics & formations thread

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:26 pm

kod2600 wrote:I just think the Arcade music is funny

What is Nasri complaining about?
tflags

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Did anyone notice how Pep dropped Schwein as a CB and played a 3-4-3 when Bayern were down at half time vs Mainz this weekend? I wouldnt be surprised if he uses that formation when Martinez and Thiago come back, i think it would look something like this in the future:

Gotze could play in the front three and Thiago would rotate with Kroos or Schweinstiger :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:16 am

Like yesterday I think it will remain an alternative tactic in-game. Our base formation won't change now.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 am

To be honest, it is like that in almost every game. The fullbacks' average positions are in the middle of the field and the CDM usually drops back to form a third CB during buildup. It's always been a sort of a 3-4-3.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Badger » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm

A Daily Mirror journalist defines how to beat Bayern. It's really very simple...

How to beat Bayern Munich: Cut the line of supply and Pep Guardiola's men stumble

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-beat-bayern-munich-cut-2478554
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Badger wrote:A Daily Mirror journalist defines how to beat Bayern. It's really very simple...

How to beat Bayern Munich: Cut the line of supply and Pep Guardiola's men stumble

No offense Badger but this has to be your worst post yet :P , this article doesnt really take into account a full Bayern squad with Javi Martinez or Schweinstiger playing as the #6 and it over simplifies the task at hand. Lahm may be an easy target for mos forwards to bully but if you stick in Schweinstiger or Martinez their not even the bravest fowards would be able to bully these two players in the midfield. The part about overloading the left side is actually a good idea but that means you would have to compensate by weakening one side of your attack which Bayern could exploit. His ideas are good but they are a raw and very amateurish at best :mrgreen:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Badger wrote:A Daily Mirror journalist defines how to beat Bayern. It's really very simple...

The point he mentioned Lahm as the starting place of our attack or he's the one to be guarded on, my bullshit meter just went up. For me, our wingplay is still the deadliest place of our attack.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby AdepT » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Damn! I am still laughing. What's with that writing style? And I'm not going into the content yet.
He says Rafinha is solid but you can use the space behind Alaba. :?
And even if that was possible, how many times will one get a chance?

We are beatable, very much so. But this one time demo tactic is just piss poor.
And it's piss poor writing. Especially the 2nd last para. :lol:

One match against this writer's team of choice and I'll show him how it's done. :|

IMHO Pep is currently the best reactive manager. So even one goal against us is not gonna cut it.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:

No offense Badger but this has to be your worst post yet :P , this article doesnt really take into account a full Bayern squad with Javi Martinez or Schweinstiger playing as the #6 and it over simplifies the task at hand. Lahm may be an easy target for mos forwards to bully but if you stick in Schweinstiger or Martinez their not even the bravest fowards would be able to bully these two players in the midfield. The part about overloading the left side is actually a good idea but that means you would have to compensate by weakening one side of your attack which Bayern could exploit. His ideas are good but they are a raw and very amateurish at best :mrgreen:

LOL. I couldn't agree more. My "It's really very simple..." was dosed with sarcasm. The journalist has little idea of the variation in Bayern that began last season with Heynckes and has been extended by Guardiola, and a team employing his limited suggestions would achieve little more than a team parking the bus.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:34 pm

I've actually been asked to find an article which I think is badly written. You may have found it for me. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 am

Congratulations Sheridan Bird =D> You have been accepted to join the "Kiss My Arse!" club =D>
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Badger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 am

I have been thinking lately about the strength of the Bayern team – partly, perhaps, as a result of that Daily Mirror article “How to beat Bayern”.

Outplaying Bayern and beating Bayern aren’t the same thing, and I want to start with the point that beating Bayern by outplaying them is unlikely. In the past three years I have seen Bayern outplayed on only 1-2 occasions. They conceded draws, and lost games, at times when they weren’t actually outplayed. This season, apart from the Dortmund game, which came too early in Guardiola’s term, Bayern have outplayed virtually everyone, and set new levels of possession in the process. It would seem that the likelihood of any team outplaying them this season is very low. Only Dortmund and 1-2 teams that Bayern may meet in the Champions League have any chance whatsoever of doing it. We’ll see in a few months whether any of them can do it. (Bayern, by the way, are favourites at 11/4 with Sky Bet to win the Champions League again.)

Nullifying Bayern to beat them is a more common strategy. This approach falls into two broad categories: (a) park the bus and (b) cut off/disable Bayern’s effectiveness. Regarding the first: good Bundesliga teams have tried to park the bus and have failed – failed to the extent that it now looks as if that won’t work against Bayern, especially now that Goetze seems to be an extra key in unlocking defences. Regarding the second: that was what the Daily Mirror article was proposing and what some teams have partly tried to do. Like the Daily Mirror, teams will make the mistake of thinking there is a simple solution to be found. The problem is that Guardiola has built on Heynckes’ foundation to produce a team that is almost certainly the most varied in attack, most sophisticated in midfield and most adaptable throughout the team, that disabling Bayern’s effectiveness is not a matter of one or two counter-tactics; it requires a whole catalogue of counter-tactics. And the players who can implement them.

I have read almost all of Guardiola’s biography. (I must finish of the last 50-60pages sometime soon.) One thing that becomes very clear throughout the book is that Guardiola has studied and lived football tactics – almost obsessively – from his early playing days. For example, in his main playing years at Barcelona, some coaches would discuss tactics with him because he had become an authority on the subject. Then, before he became a manager, he visited several great coaches, some now in South America, to discuss tactics with them. There’s an amusing story of how, in one such discussion, a former great and he got so deep into their subject, that one of them placed a chair in the middle of the room and stood beside it to demonstrate where a defender should position himself when an opponent is receiving a pass. And much more. There are some great tactical managers out there – Wenger, Villas-Boas, Klopp, etc – but I really think that Guardiola is ahead of the pack. Whichever manager tries to nullify Guardiola’s Bayern tactics will need to do a lot of homework.

It gives me hope that, if the Bayern players don’t get complacent – and the competition for places should hinder that, to a large extent – then Bayern could do great things this season. Bayern can still lose games – often unnecessarily – and, in every season, a team will have a couple of unlucky games. Moreover, although Bayern has great squad depth, at some point they could no longer succeed if they have too many injured players. But those are all the weaknesses I can see at the moment. The overwhelming impression is that this current Bayern has potential for great things.
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

Badger wrote:Then, before he became a manager, he visited several great coaches, some now in South America, to discuss tactics with them.

The visit was to South America at the time yes, albeit a one day one. Goes to show his thoroughness.
tflags

Postby AdepT » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

Hey Badgers. You've mentioned several coaches?
I think his main influences are mainly Robson and Cruyff when he played under them. Plus he admires and has met Bielsa a few times.
Never read about meeting with anyone else specifically. Also, the trip to South America was a short one and mainly to meet 'El Loco' Marcelo Bielsa. He went to meet him before he started out as a proper coach. The conversation that went through out the night was also with him, if I remember correctly.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:53 am

After watching Bayern' last 5 games ive noticed the one odd ball in Pep's system and that is Mandzukic. I find it ironic since Gomez was sold because he really had no place in Pep's Bayern but at the moment Mandzukic is also looking like the odd man out. I am not saying that Mandzukic is like Gomez but he doesnt seem to be the type of #9 that would succeed in Pep's Bayern with the way he looks so out of place on the wings.

The first time i saw Mandzukic play on the wings in the Super Cup vs BvB i knew that life under Pep may not be so pleasant for him. This problem has been able to go under the radar because he was able to get those game saving goals which made it seem like everything is fine but it clearly isnt. What Mandzu has over Gomez is that he is able to link up with the midfield but he lacks the nose for goal and his finishing is weak but that is compensated by Bayern's variety of attacking players who can make up for those goals Gomez would have scored. Also he is a bit clumsy on the ball in the sense he really cant shoot well from either foot. If you put Gomez not just inside the box but around the six yard box you know the guy can/was probably gonna score. Most of Mandzu's goals come from headers and most dont really involve him creating space for himself but his teammates to do that for him.

I think if Pep wants to continue playing his strikers like this then Mandzu isnt the guy, he should start Muller or even Gotze as a CF because they would be less out of place than Mandzu when they have to play on the wings. I am actually surprised Gotze has not been given a start as a CF to be honest. Mandzu imo should be considered a super sub or a plan B when Bayern need goals so bodies should be added to stack the box. Lastly just to get you thinking a bit these Aguero to Bayern rumors may start making a lot of sense, a player like him would be the perfect striker in Pep's system if Lewa pulls a Vidal....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to General Bayern Discussion